Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Single, Individual Kluson Tuning Machine - Where ?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by BrandonIke, Dec 7, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

1. BrandonIke

BrandonIke TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Probably a longshot..not sure if it's been asked on here before but I haven't found any threads, and googling hasn't given me the answer I'm looking for, but - is there anywhere else (besides scouring ebay, reverb) that sells individual Klusons or similar vintage style tuners as opposed to a whole set?

and no, I don't really want to buy the single tuner off a vintage 50's tele for $250

Or somewhere I could buy just a low E.

I recently got a roadworn tele that someone installed one of those Hipshot Drop-D detune tuners on and immediately removed it because it doesn't serve any purpose to me. But he didn't have the original tuner for whatever reason.

Sooo I'm kind of lost as to where I could get a replacement. I've got a mixmatched Gotoh on there currently but wanted something that matched more accurately.

Or should I just buck up and buy a whole new set and replace them all with better machines? What are the stock ones - Ping?

Thanks in advance for any help

2. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    I needed a Kluson 3+3 for a Gibson, and bought a recent/new one on ebay for like $10, so they are out there. Or--you could buy a set and resell the other 5?

BrandonIke likes this.

3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Buy a set and use one then build a Keef tele with the other 5 ?

Ricky D. and BrandonIke like this.

4. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I see them a lot on eBay and Reverb.

BrandonIke likes this.

5. BrandonIke

BrandonIke TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Philadelphia, PA
    Looks like I potentially have another project on hand!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out..so far no luck though

Nickadermis likes this.

6. MatthewK

MatthewK Tele-Holic

Jul 29, 2009
    Hobart, Australia
    Maybe just put the drop tuner back and don't flip it?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.