Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show your PRS GUITARS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by viccortes285, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Otis Fine

Otis Fine Tele-Holic

Jun 3, 2016
    Chicago, Illinois
    I don’t currently own a PRS, but I have owned an SE One and an S2 with a satin finish. One day I’d love to own another S2.
    Earlier today I was curious what the most expensive guitar Sweetwater carried and it’s this bad boy. $15,240.
    E8E8624D-D627-442E-A028-CED382F2F8B7.png
    40E4E919-71C9-4843-BDE3-ADF3BD70ADE8.png

darren7, Chip and viccortes285 like this.

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    I'm so thankful that guitar appeals to me not in the least.

viccortes285 likes this.

3. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    How about a P94 or whatever it's called (humbucker sized P90)? Any interest in putting one of those there? Or do you like the visual/tone of a thinner single coil there?

viccortes285 likes this.

4. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    It would actually be an EMG TA neck, which is my all time favorite pickup. I have it in the neck and middle positions of my favorite Strat (with an SA in the bridge), and in the neck spot of my Tele.

With the SE project that I’m proposing here, is pair it up with an EMG 81, which I already have.

I’ve never been able to jive with any of the P90s or their variants.

Colo Springs E likes this.

5. esseff

esseff Tele-Meister

Mar 25, 2014
    East Midlands, UK
    I couldn't get on with my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Junior (strange neck/string spacing) and put it up for sale on Gumtree (similar to Craigslist) for £450. The usual story - plenty of time-wasters and late night lowball offers from drunks. Anyway, just as I was about to pull the advertisement, someone replied and asked if I was up for trading. Well, I'd just bought a 2013 70s Les Paul Tribute and needed money in the bank rather than another guitar so I said 'Thanks, but no thanks.' Then, out of interest, I asked him what it was.
    'An amethyst PRS 30th Anniversary SE Custom'.
    No, I really, really, really don't need another guitar, especially as I've already got a PRS SE Santana. No way. Quite out of the question...
    So, here it is, a straight exchange with the LPJ. Absolutely top class in all respects and one could swim in that gorgeous finish.

[​IMG]

bullfrogblues likes this.

6. darren7

darren7 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2009
    Toronto
    I love those anniversary birds. I remember seeing an anniversary satin model in the most beautiful dark brown mahogany. I really wish I'd grabbed it.

7. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    umm..going to get one..a guy wants my Boss gt100 and wants to trade me a PRS Zach Myers..well my collector buddy will trade me 2 Ibanez for it..so going to do the deal...cant resist the Japan Ibby's.

8. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I recently took mine to the Porter Pickups company and had a set of nickel covered PAFs installed. Porter Anthems, custom underwound for a 6.9k neck and a 7.6k bridge. I like the look better and the sound is now much, much more to my liking. The PRS 85/15s pups were just way to hot for my taste.

new PRS Pic.JPG

9. bftfender

bftfender Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2017
    York PA
    Just traded for the PRS, not bad ,nice craftsmanship, will do ngd on it, will try it on dsl, Laney, plexi, have a Japan prestige trade offer tho. Maybe a semi will be good for my chord strumming style during verses lately..seem to.taming down a Lil and doing alot of strumming on couch at nite writing songs and bringing the verses down and chorus up

10. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 15, 2012
    Central PA
    PRS SE Soapbar II

It briefly replaced a Les Paul Jr. Special...

Up for sale now.

I dig it. Especially that neck!

Attached Files:

11. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Holic

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    I have a 30th anniversary Custom 24 SE Image1539279587.155210.jpg I happen to really love the guitar holder. My incredible wife bought the guitar for me for Christmas and was kind enough to let me unwrap both her and the guitar ! View attachment 552744

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:00 PM
    ecoast and viccortes285 like this.

12. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Holic

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    Nice color !

viccortes285 and MONKEYDOG like this.

13. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad TDPRI Member

Apr 29, 2003
    ED7C418F-C80A-499F-A204-B538BDFCCCD6.jpeg This is what you get when creating a Jerry Garcia style guitar: three Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbuckers with volume and tone control push/pull pots for single coils, an onboard effects loop, battery powered preamp, six position pickup selector switch. The small switch turns the OBEL on and off. Snazzy for tuning. The SE was purchased for my son when he was in junior high 19 years ago. It has more tones available than I can even keep up with. Those Dimarzios are amazing pickups. 03E8408D-2920-4AA5-ACE8-A419CE4FA5CD.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 2:40 PM
    ecoast and viccortes285 like this.

14. MONKEYDOG

MONKEYDOG TDPRI Member

Jun 7, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    My wide-fat CE-22 in natural mahogany. I bought it new in 1997 and it has been a player ever since. Suhr SSV Neck & SSH+ Plus pickups. After 20+ years, the original winged tuners were starting to fail, so I updated the tuners about a year ago; you can see the filled holes on the backside. FWIW, I don't miss the winged tuners at all. IMG_E3966.JPG IMG_E3964.JPG IMG_3967.JPG

viccortes285 likes this.

15. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei TDPRI Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Philadelphia, PA
    PRS SE Zach Myers. Great guitar. But I've decided to stick with Fenders. So this one is for sale, if anybody's interested let me know. Has an upgraded nut and Hipshot tuners.

IMG_5469.JPG IMG_5468.JPG IMG_5470.JPG IMG_5471.JPG IMG_5473.JPG

viccortes285 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.