Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show your PRS GUITARS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by viccortes285, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I still want to find a black Tremonti SE at the right price, and fill the neck pickup route and re-route for a standard Strat single-coil. Then refinish (black) add a Mannmade bridge.

I love the weight, balance, and feel of that model, but the pickups don’t work for me, and I’ve never been a big fan of a humbucker in the neck spot.

viccortes285 likes this.

2. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 8, 2007
    Norfolk UK
    Shant so there .Haven't got one,not a dentist .However my GP,Dr Gibson ,has one .I have a Gibson .

viccortes285 likes this.

3. Trio

Trio TDPRI Member

Jan 16, 2012
    Las Vegas, NV
    Two McCarty 594s: 2016 10-top on the left and 2017 not so much 10-top on the right.

[​IMG]

4. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Mine's the same as this one (PRS SE Tremonti)

[​IMG]

viccortes285 and bullfrogblues like this.

5. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    bullfrogblues likes this.

6. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI
    I solve that particular problem by lowering the pickup as low as it goes and raising the screw poles high and in a staggered Strat pattern. Makes the cleans so much better, a reversible mod, and if I want to split out both bobbins I can get Strat Quack this way too. I have an SE with a push/pull tone pot that down is single neck bobbin and up is both bobbins in parallel. Another SE I only wired the neck screw pole bobbin and then put the screws in a Strat stagger. But the lowering and pole adjustments on a regular non-modded humbucker do a lot to give a good single coil tone.

You can always get a humbucker to single coil trim ring rather than all the body work.

viccortes285 and TheGoodTexan like this.

7. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI
    My most recent PRS acquisition was this one that started with a broken neck at the body (attached but wobbly) and Halloween machete hacks after being gigged for ten years. I steamed off the neck, made repairs, and cleaned it all up. This was built within the first eighteen months that PRS started using the Korean factory.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now it looks like this. The neck pickup is wired with the screw bobbin only and the poles are set in a classic Strat stagger pattern. There are more detailed pictures in the linked thread, including less blurry images. But here it shows the latest black trim rings and amber hat style knobs with a brass switch tip.
    [​IMG]

These are the other ones. The middle blue guitar was built in PRS's original factory before they moved to the current location. Early 1990s build.
    ThreePRS.jpg

brookdalebill and viccortes285 like this.

8. grooveiron

grooveiron Tele-Meister

Mar 29, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    Here are mine. I love the necks—for me that’s the number one consideration for how much I pick up one guitar over another.
    IMG_2704.JPG
    The red Soapbar has Kinman noiseless P90s, 5- way switching, bass rolloff and tone control bypass. The black EG has series/parallel and phase reversal options with the standard pickups.

viccortes285 and bullfrogblues like this.

9. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    This is the sister of the white one I poasted. Note the toan knob!

[​IMG]

10. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    viccortes285 likes this.

11. kmcanney

kmcanney Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jul 16, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Zach Myers SE on the left and a CE-24 on the right:

The Myers has new locking tuners, amber bell knobs (I just didn’t care for the clear knobs), and raw nickel pickup covers. This one was an absolute steal. It was used with no sign of ever having been played, and it plays and sounds great. To me, it feels like a much more expensive guitar.

The CE has had the rotary switch replaced with a 3-way switch with a push/pull tone knob and raw nickel pickup covers.

02F0CDED-E726-4EC2-8D52-0C8D3B0AF016.jpeg

viccortes285 likes this.

12. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I have a Korina as well. Great guitar.
    [​IMG]

viccortes285 and brookdalebill like this.

13. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    If you mean this one, it was a limited model, KL380. A Custom 22 Soapbar made of korina. They made 3 different models at the time consisting of 100 pieces each. I was fortunate to land one like this. KL380-1.jpg

darren7, gitold, AAT65 and 2 others like this.

14. eclecticsynergy

eclecticsynergy Tele-Holic

Nov 16, 2014
    Albany NY
    I love korina.
    My korina McCarty is snappy and super lively.
    I have a bunch of other korina guitars but the McCarty is my only korina PRS.

viccortes285, Chud and bullfrogblues like this.

15. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    It’s unique and familiar at the same time.

Man I liked, unliked and liked it again, I like that guitar so much.

viccortes285, Chud and bullfrogblues like this.

16. dleuen

dleuen Tele-Meister

Jun 19, 2009
    Littleton, CO. USA
    I'm in. First is a Custom 22 Artist with Rosewood neck and the second is a Private Stock McCarty Single Cut. That's the one that made me quit buying more guitars. Seriously, its been 3 years since I bought a new guitar although I'd take gitold's Reclaimed CE24 in a heartbeat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ecoast, darren7, viccortes285 and 3 others like this.

17. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ireland
    That McCarty is beautiful! Me buying my Bernie was basically me wanting that guitar but not having the cash to drop! Does it have the 58/15 pickups?

18. dleuen

dleuen Tele-Meister

Jun 19, 2009
    Littleton, CO. USA
    Thanks! This one has the 58/08 pickups. Yeah I was looking for a Bernie at the time and saw a video of him playing this model. A few weeks later I saw this on a yellow tag sale at Sweetwater and couldn't resist. It was my best ever impulse purchase.

ecoast and viccortes285 like this.

19. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    As promised, I present for your consideration:

20180831_154112.jpg

20. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Thanks for not including the tired "dentist" cliche!

viccortes285 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.