Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show your PRS GUITARS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by viccortes285, Aug 26, 2018.

1. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ireland
  2. '64 Tele

'64 Tele Tele-Holic

Mar 8, 2013
    NW Arkansas
    SE Custom 24 and SE Custom 22 semi hollow. The semi hollow is REALLY light weight.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  3. MrGibbly

MrGibbly Tele-Afflicted

Apr 19, 2014
    SATX
    It is...keen eye! I traded a Strat for it and am very pleased all around. I’m not sure how PRS chooses which models to produce other than “Paul wants to” but a 22 would cool. :)

AAT65 likes this.
  4. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    SE One Korina, Grand Am Rolex Racing Series SE, and a Mira S2. All fantastic playing guitars.

IMG_1614.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1611.JPG

5. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Very nearly bought a Bernie when I got my SE245... I think it was just the tuner keys that put me off it, or maybe I felt the second tone control was very important... nice guitars, and rightly hugely popular.

BluesGuitarMart and viccortes285 like this.
  6. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 16, 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Here are my 2:

'88 PRS Goldtop "Special":

[​IMG]

'09 PRS DGT 10-Top:

[​IMG]

7. viccortes285

viccortes285 Tele-Afflicted

Jan 14, 2017
    Phoenix
    Beautiful Guitars PRS makes.

8. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    DEB690BA-BC29-477E-BBE0-C782EE7E703B.jpeg 448523A2-AD9D-4FE7-BEB0-B81A2CD29033.jpeg I had this 10 top SC250 for about 10 years. I never was into it that much but it was just so darn pretty. I played it every so often because I felt guilty but it never bonded with me. Then I bought the white Vela. I love this guitar so much I sold the 10 top. Since then I bought the Reclaimed CE 24 and the just came out S2 Studio. All three of these guitars are favorites and I have a whole lot of guitars

9. darren7

darren7 Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2009
    Toronto
    Love that Vela and the Reclaimed CE!

viccortes285 likes this.
  10. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Love those Reclaimed wood guitars! I hope they have more of those out in future.
    The S2 Studio is great too... One was in strong consideration earlier this year when I ended up being seduced by a Jazzmaster...

11. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    I have a Jazzmaster! You need both!

12. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    I want the blue one with a P90 and a tone control!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  13. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    I came into this thread to see jokes about Colgate and floss, not exquisitely finished guitars that sound great and delight their owners

I WANT MY ENTRANCE FEE BACK

14. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    Funny thing about that: I took that picture for a thread on Strat-Talk: "Show Us Your Yellow Guitars".

That Charvel is just a fantastic player; the neck carve feel identical to the standard Fender "C" shape, perhaps bit thinner in the spine, but maybe not, with a satin finish that's very smooth and comfortable, and a compound radius neck. I don't really notice the compound radius as much as I notice that my hand doesn't fatigue when I'm chording up the neck.

The JB/'59 pickup set have proven a little harder to dial in, live, than either PRS though.

The Pattern ("Pattern Regular") neck on my S2 and the Pattern Thin on the SE aren't far behind in terms of comfort though, and something about those PRS 85/15s pickups just cuts through live.

viccortes285 likes this.
  15. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Just got notified the PRS t-shirt I designed and ordered has shipped. I'll pop it up here when it arrives.

bullfrogblues and viccortes285 like this.
  16. BluesGuitarMart

BluesGuitarMart TDPRI Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ireland
    It's a beautiful guitar as is, right now it's totally stock but as funds allow I'm going to upgrade to a Mannmade bridge and probably also put some locking tuners on and maybe a Core nut. I love the look of the tuners so I'll be going with the identical looking ones from Gotoh. The green does seem to divide opinion though!

The tone control thing sometimes bothers me, sometimes doesn't. I do wish Bernie had just gone for the standard four controls as nobody would complain about that, whereas the three controls could easily turn people off.

I bought this in a panic as they were "strictly limited to 300 guitars" in 2017. Looking on Thomann I see they're available again "strictly limited to 40 pieces in each colour". Pretty good marketing trick to sell Bernie's! :)

viccortes285 and AAT65 like this.
  17. DrBGood

DrBGood Tele-Meister

Jan 30, 2015
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    P90 heaven and aren't the necks great ?

1-.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.