Show your Partscasters...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by BritishBluesBoy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. maceo357

maceo357 TDPRI Member

Squier CV Tele, heavily moded.

Partscaster strats.
    Red: P94/Epiphone PAF HB
    White: Texmex pups. 8.5#

Attached Files:

2. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I did mine with the Eldred wiring, I really recommend it. Gives 3 useful tones.

3. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Hey Jim622. I went with a Duncan 55' Antiquity and wired it like this...

Position 1 (bridge) is pickup to jack with no tone control.
    Position 2 (middle) is pickup with tone .0047 cap and volume
    Position 3 (neck) is pickup with volume and no tone with a .001 cap

I like this wiring a lot. I tried the cocked wah thing awhile ago but wasn't crazy for the front position. The .001 is more subtle but has some nice bite to it without being muddy.

Jim622 likes this.
  4. Kriticaster

Kriticaster Tele-Holic

Thanks El Tele Lobo! I appreciate all the support and encouragement!

It took a really long time but I think we’ll be together for much longer

El Tele Lobo likes this.
  5. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

The next build will be easier now that you've learned so much. Look forward to your next build!

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Tele-Holic

Thought I'd posted in this thread previously, but I guess not!

1 Strat, 2 Teles:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Octopilion

Octopilion NEW MEMBER!

Hello This is my first attempt at making a PartsCaster
    I regret the Cellphone quality camera i will post better ones once my DSLR is charged up

IMG_20180630_024527.jpg IMG_20180630_024527.jpg

Attached Files:

8. johno99

johno99 TDPRI Member

My first real attempt at a Tele.

Body off ebay - large chunk of ash, predrilled and finished ( I'm no painter and have no access to heavy-weight tools )
    Neck is chinese again off ebay. Quite fat, medium jumbo.
    Wilkinson Vintage pick ups and Bridge
    Wilkinson tuners
    Wiring is bog-standard, but with a .033 tone cap which gives much less mud when rolled on.
    The beast is quite heavy but that is no problem.
    Intonation took a while but it's there now and stays in tune very well. upload_2018-11-30_11-38-21.jpeg

9. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I got most of the parts for this about 3 years ago and kept being diverted. It was always intended to have the feel of the first Tele I ever saw that made me feel "I Like Teles" - on page 80 of Tom Wheeler's The Guitar Book that I bought in 1975. When Tom died in the spring I promised myself I'd finish it this year.

This was my inspiration:

20171108_112119.jpg

And here's my Wheelercaster:

20181130_112516.jpg

One piece swamp ash body from Guitarbuild UK. Satin finished with Truoil.

MiM neck with Kluson vintage tuners.

Bare Knuckle Country Boy pickups with a prewired control plate from Axesrus.

Fender vintage ashtray bridge - brass saddles I think are Gotoh. (I'm trying to work out why I had to pull the saddles so far back to get the scale length and intonation right. The body was predrilled. But it works so I'm not too bothered.)

It's nothing spectacular, but I was aiming at a simple Tele. It's the lightest I've owned at 6lb10oz and sounds clean and sparkly as I'd hoped. Some adjustments to do yet - the pickguard isn't as good a fit as I'd like and I need to tweak the nut slots, but I'm pleased with my first partscaster.

I already have a roasted slightly flamed maple Allparts neck for the next project - a daphne or sonic blue Thinline. Don't hold your breath, but here's the start of it.

Allparts neck.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  10. Tonemonster

Tonemonster TDPRI Member

This is my Tonemonster
    Front and back Contour body with bigsby. Neck is Gibson scale, Tonerider Pickups, locking tuners, and an Four way Switch.

Attached Files:

11. Bullfweet

Bullfweet Tele-Meister

12. ScottTunes

ScottTunes TDPRI Member

I swear I'd posted my "lineage!" Still looking for a photo of my "first" partscaster, completed in the very early "naughties."

I'd gained SOME experience by repairing an early 80s Korean Strat, by 1st replacing the pups with Duncan SSL1 set... Then removing the "knuckle-buster" VOL knob (actually removing the lower Tone knob for the middle pup, and moving the other two away from the strings - creating a Tele-like master Vol and Master Tone). After playing the frets down to the wood, I replaced the neck with a Warmoth "Boat" neck with Reversed headstock and med jumbo frets, with light tint. At some point, I wanted a "real" Alder body (instead of the Korean plywood"), and ordered a Warmoth Sonic Blue Strat body and Pickguardian guard (without the Vol pot hole).

My first completed build occurred sometime before the Sonic Blue Strat body was ordered... Again, photos of that beautiful Tele are buried somewhere in the digital realm... I'll post 'em when I find 'em...

Here's the Sonic Blue Strat:

2015-8-15 024.jpg

Plays beautifully, and sounds fab! The Sonic Blue is for the Harrison/Lennon Strats in the early 60s, and the reverse headstock is for Hendrix in the late 60s...

My most recent builds are 2 Teles - one I call Turquoise is really Daphne Blue. And a Black n Maple, which will soon have a Toaster neck pup and Fender Bigsby... But the Bigsby body is actually a separate build... not certain what to do with the MIM Black Tele body after...

IMG_4647.JPG
    IMG_4601.JPG

Here's the Bigsby body

IMG_4131.JPG

NOT continuing with the Esquire guard! Already have the Toaster p'up for the neck position, and an "Original Vintage" for the bridge. Will "update" when finished.

TONS of great Partscasters in this thread! And a bunch of GREAT art as well!!

El Tele Lobo, Treynor and awasson like this.
  13. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Thought I posted this on this thread already, but I guess not. It's a Fender MIJ Pink Paisley Jazzmaster body, Warmoth roasted maple/rosewood neck, Curtis Novak widerange JM bridge pickup, Novak humcanceling goldfoil neck pickup, and Mastery vibrato and bridge. I really love it. Plays like a dream, but the 1 meg pots are super bright, so I may switch them out to 500k.
    IMG_4110.JPG IMG_4104.JPG

14. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Fender Tele Standard body, with Dimarzio Area-T pickups and Fender Baja '60s rosewood board neck

[​IMG]

Fender American Standard Tele with SD Antiquity II Mini Humbucker neck pickup and Cavalier Fat Lion bridge pickup.

[​IMG]

Fender FSR Telecaster HH with two Dimarzio PAF Master humbucker pickups, and Fender Nashville Deluxe Neck

[​IMG]

Fender Deluxe Nashville body with Fender Fat '50s Strat neck and middle pickups, and Cavalier Huge Lion Tele bridge pickup, with Fender Baja '50s neck

[​IMG]

Squier CV All-Mahogany Thinline body with Fender Nashville Deluxe rosewood board neck, Cavalier Lioness neck pickups and Cavalier Huge Lion bridge pickup

[​IMG]

I could add a few more... perhaps at a later date.

Fender-branded partscasters (using Fender necks & Fender bodies) are my favorite Fender guitars! Much nicer than "off-the-rack" Fenders.

15. Gigante_Miguel

Gigante_Miguel TDPRI Member

Thanks for the add to the group. And only fitting that my first post is my favorite partscaster. It started out with the GFS paisley body, and a mystery neck from eBay, and the cheapest hardware and pickups I had laying around, but the thing feels so goop to play, that I've now upgraded everything to higher end parts. My favorite thing is a set of Bootstrap pickups, which sold amazing. It now holds its own with my USA Teles easily.

fullsizeoutput_1072.jpeg 8fd6bibVTjSvykmdoPqGhQ.jpg

16. Itchyfeet1000

Itchyfeet1000 Tele-Meister

Not actually a partscaster as I built the body and the neck was (I think) from an Encore, but It looks and plays beautifully.

IMG_20181217_233133.jpg IMG_20181217_025927.jpg

17. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BODY: 2018 Fender Special Edition HH Tele in Sea Foam Pearl
    NECK: 2018 Fender American Professional rosewood
    PICKUPS: Dimarzio PAF Master humbuckers
    SWITCH: Les Paul-style toggle
    POTS: Vol 940k, Fender Tone No-Load
    CAP: .015 uF Russian Military

18. maverick-tx

maverick-tx TDPRI Member Gold Supporter

A9A85AFC-18DB-485B-9025-158462AFBCF1.jpeg Fender MIM neck
    Fender locking staggered tuners
    Squier alder body
    Emerson electrics
    Texas Specials
    Parchment single ply guard
    Gotoh bridge
    Bigsby B-5 w/1” spring

19. PureTwang

PureTwang NEW MEMBER!

Telerez.jpg Group Photorez.jpg
    Howdy - Top photo is my main axe partscaster and then a group shot of all my partscasters.

Specs
    The body is a featherweight piece of wood with worm holes all over it, I bought at a guitar show from a guy that had a bunch of unfinished bodies for sale and I just thought it was really cool. Neck is warmoth with stainless frets, pickups are Wilde noiseless.

20. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

Some of these were complete Fender USA or Fender MIM guitars when I bought them, but by the time I’m done with them, they’re ALL partscasters, made up with Fender necks and bodies.

And, thankfully so... They’re all even nicer than factory assembled! :lol: Customized to suit my preferences to a “T”. That’s one of the greatest things about Fender guitars - the ease with which you can make them perfectly suited to your wishes.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Random1643 and Norrin Radd like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.