Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show your Partscasters...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by BritishBluesBoy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. john kleeman

john kleeman Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2010
    Portland, Or.
    I recall one of our number using a Mexican Duo Sonic neck with satisfactory results. That's one road. . .

Jay Jernigan likes this.

2. Ambience

Ambience Tele-Meister

Aug 23, 2016
    Indiana
    1513884755313.jpg warmoth mahogany body, warmoth neck, lindy fralin blues output splitblades. I love this guitar.

3. DavidV

DavidV TDPRI Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Springfield, MO
    My only electric when I first started was a Maestro strat knockoff. My dad used to play in the 90s and had a bunch of parts in a drawer that I put together into this partscaster. I spent no money on it because I was a kid and didn't have money. The wiring is weird, it's 2 100k slide pots for volume, dpdt switch for changing the phase on the neck. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Despite the crappyness of the guitar it actually plays well since I learned to set up guitars on it, including the from scratch bone nut.

4. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    On Gibby types, I draw a line for the bridge end of the scale(fretboard side of nut to the total sum of scale length), then move the low side of the bridge(bass string side) 3mm towards the rear of the guitar and then move the high side of the bridge 3mm towards the fretboard. Then mark the holes for the bridge posts, drill and install. This has worked well for me.
    If your saddles are all the way back and you don't have the intonation right yet, then either the bridge needs to be moved back a bit or the saddles can be flipped around to get a little extra adjustment. Better pics could help out with determining the exact problem and measurements(nut to 12th fret) and(nut to bridge).
    Start a thread in The Home Depot forum and I and others will help you figure it out.

Jay Jernigan likes this.

5. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    Thanks, Zepfan. That guitar is in someone else's keep right now, and it's sister is not on the bench, but I will heed your advice when the time comes.
    BTW, where are you guys getting those Thinline style PG's? Love 'em. Like those G&L rounded ones, too.

6. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Body by MJT Neck from the Fender Custom Shop
    rocket1.jpg
    rocketcorner.jpg
    rocket2.jpg
    newrocket.jpg
    rockethead.jpg
    backofhead.jpg
    rocketneck.jpg
    sunnyandtherocket.jpg

I am beyond ecstatic!!! Bridge saddles and ferrules( Thanks to Redd Volkaert!! ) notice that the saddles and ferrules are a mix of brass and aluminium, and ALL of the screws from Glendale Guitars. Basic Kit with Push-back Wire, Emerson Pro CTS Pots 250k-ohm, CRL 3way lever switch, Switchcraft Output Jack Mono, and orange drop caps from Stew-Mac. The color is Ocean Metallic Turquoise. The rocket ship decal was made for me by Matt Welke at Circus City Decals & Graphics, Pickups are the Joel Foy set from Don Mare....weighs 6lbs 10oz and sounds AMAZING!!!

RJ

7. RajDonYasser

RajDonYasser TDPRI Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Right here
    Just finished wiring this up yesterday evening. Warmoth roasted maple neck, Warmoth two-tone sunburst swamp-ash vintage body, Don Mare DonOcaster pickups, Glendale hardware, 11 gauge strings. This is the most comfortable playing, nicest sounding, guitar I've owned.

IMG_3520.JPG

8. Scazy

Scazy NEW MEMBER!

Dec 8, 2017
    Mypom
    IMG_20171208_121734.jpg IMG_20171127_184005.jpg Unfinished experimental monsters

9. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    ^ Lovely experiments and unique features. I think that's what partscasters should be about.

Jay Jernigan likes this.

10. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    There have been a few guitars that I’ve seen that have stuck in my mind where I immediately knew, that’s what I want. This is one of them.

This will be the inspiration for my next t-type build. That’s just beautiful.

11. Rich724

Rich724 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2012
    Linden, MI
    IMG_2310.JPG IMG_2311.JPG

The Strat started off as a 1990 Strat Plus but I'm the original owner so everything was just worn out. I put on a WD neck with an ebony fret board, white pearloid fret markers , SD Cool, Vintage and Hot Rail pups, TUSQ nut and CTS pots. Everything else was transferred over. The Tele is a Mighty Mite Ash body, WD neck with an ebony fret board, MOP fretmarkers, TUSQ nut SD pups, Fender hardware.

Jay Jernigan and brookdalebill like this.

12. AndrewC

AndrewC TDPRI Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Peebles
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a73.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a74.jpg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_a72.jpg
    First attempt at a partscaster. Massive thanks to all those who post on these forums it has been an invaluable source of information. Even bigger shout out to Ron Kirn, his how to manuals have been a great help.

13. jamieorc

jamieorc Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2011
    Virginia

14. messhead

messhead Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    IMG_2457.JPG

Put this together the other night. Was bored, have too many parts lying around, and like the look of a blacked out tele with a maple neck. Fender Modern Player Tele neck from 2011 (China), very old Asian Fender body, likely Indonesia. Very beat up, but not from playing. From being tossed aside for over a decade. At one point, it was going to be the seat of a stool. It's solid wood, not sure what, but it's full thickness and is not ply. Modern Player Tele neck pickup, Bill Lawrence USA (yes, the other guy) bridge pickup. Set up with 9s and sounds and plays much better than I thought it would.

15. stratman82

stratman82 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2014
    UK
    Just posted separately, should've just used this thread...

Fender Eric Johnson body (white blonde, 4lbs 2 oz)
    Musikraft neck (LP .87 - .97 back profile, dark rosewood board with 12" radius).
    Callaham vintage style tremolo
    Gotoh Locking tuners (staggered height so no string tree).
    Fender tortoise pickguard
    Bare Knuckle Irish Tour pre-wired pickup set
    Schaller strap locks

Nitro finish should age well and maybe yellow a bit.

IMG_4301.jpg IMG_4302.JPG

16. Hallo Spencer

Hallo Spencer TDPRI Member

Apr 13, 2011
    berlin
    20180108_004807-1044x1860.jpg
    I finished my new Esquire today. GFS body, an old Rockinger neck and a Dimarzio DP112 pickup. Tuners and bridge are Kluson.
    After reading a lot about problems with the paulownia bodies I was a bit nervous. Luckily all the parts fitted without any problems. I'm very happy about this guitar. It sounds as awesome as it looks and I really like its light weight. Only issue is that it's neck diving like hell but we will see.

zippofan and SoulstormTX like this.

17. hellopike

hellopike Tele-Afflicted

Oct 3, 2015
    Philadelphia
    How’s the intonation on that? I see the saddles are far up. From what I remember, the heels on modern player necks extend all the way to the 22fret, effectively making them longer than standard. And the bodies of the mp guitars have a longer pocket to accommodate that, but you’ve got it on a standard (I’m assuming) routed body.

18. gobi_grey

gobi_grey Tele-Meister

Jun 7, 2011
    clinton, ia
    20180113_233820.jpg

Finally finished! Had a pro do a final nut shaping and fret level and just got it back today.

Guitarmill body with Reranch butterscotch finish.
    MIM classic series lacquer neck.
    Bakelite pickgaurd with a coat of clear lacquer.
    Cavalier nocaster and Cavalier fat Lion King pickups.
    Right about 7 lbs.
    This might become a 5-string open G tele.
    Sustain for days. Almost too much sustain which is a crazy thought. Reminds me of my Esquire.
    I think I love it!

19. LWS66

LWS66 TDPRI Member

Dec 22, 2006
    South Carolina
    A partspinecaster I assembled in the summer of 2016, Tonebomb pine body, Mighty Mite oiled neck, Onamac Windery Broadcaster/Nocaster pickup set, greasebucket wiring, Gotoh vintage tuners, Wilkinson compensated bridge, misc Fender hardware, D'Andrea Pro pick guard, tung oiled body. Nothing fancy. Getting some nice tone with it thru an Orange Crush Pro C60. Love it! IMG_20180114_175221.jpg

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.