Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show your Partscasters...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by BritishBluesBoy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. dmoss74

dmoss74 Tele-Holic

Mar 28, 2010
    usa
    my latest. mjt bsb nitro body, '50s baja tele neck, fender '52 bridge, various allparts buttons, knobs, plate, custom harness, lollar '52 bridge, vintage neck pickups. i like it.

IMG_20170726_193222.jpg IMG_20170726_193233.jpg

2. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    That's a good looking GeeTar DMoss. I just can't bring myself to put a poly neck on a nitro body. Now that I think about it, I just don't like poly necks, but it's a preference thing. I know those necks feel really good, I'm just anal. Or an anus. Or both ...lol.

dmoss74 likes this.

3. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    IMG_0546.JPG IMG_0544.JPG IMG_0545.JPG IMG_0543.JPG

Just finished this one. It's called Space Cowboy, but it's a telebird. Pine body with a warmoth roasted maple/pau ferro neck, a mojo UK humbucker sized gold foil, Fender 52 Tele bridge pickup, Rutters brass with aluminum E/A saddles, Cts pots and switch, electrosocket jack, and a mastery string tree. I'm soldering it up tomorrow and I'll try it out at one of my gigs this weekend. I only finished the headstock on the neck and sanded the rest up to 2000 and it feels amazing. The paint is Rustoleum 2x coral and clear. I'm in the middle of another one in surf green right now, but after that I'm going to switch to better paint. It's not perfect, but it's my first finishing job and I'm pretty happy with it.

4. jtwo

jtwo TDPRI Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Ohio
    Where are
    Where are you finding these Firebird bodies? Been wanting to build one for a while.

5. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    I found it on Ebay. It's pine and wasn't very expensive but looks pretty nice. The first one I ordered had the bridge drilled off center, so they sent me another for free of charge. Now that this one's done I'm halfway done building the other one. I doweled the ferrule holes and made it a top loader. That one is surf green.

jtwo likes this.

6. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher TDPRI Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Houston
    My first Warmoth partscaster:
    [​IMG]

Then I built a tele custom with a Fender MIM neck loaded with a Graphtech Ghost piezo system:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sadly those two have moved on; however, you can expect a full-thread on this build coming up after I get it back from my tech and do some QA on the setup:
    [​IMG]

7. Dardeau

Dardeau TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2016
    New Orleans
    IMG_1124.JPG

My dream parts guitar, done, played for three months and I wouldn't change a thing.

zippofan, ndcaster, yazam2014 and 5 others like this.

8. RajDonYasser

RajDonYasser TDPRI Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Right here
    My one electric guitar, a parts-caster: Fender American Vintage 52 body; Warmoth vintage neck; Glendale bridge, control plate, and knobs; Fender vintage brass saddles; Don Mare DonOcaster pickups.

Attached Files:

zippofan and ArchiMark like this.

9. wyclif

wyclif Tele-Afflicted

Nov 29, 2011
    Philadelphia
    That looks great. I love the straight grain on that Tele. Very classic looking.

10. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    I suppose this is a partscaster now... It started as a Squier FSR Bullet in surf green. The neck was nice but a little smaller than I like, so I put an Allparts tro-c that I had from another project on it. I upgraded the pickups with a set of DiMarzio True Velvets. Then, it got a satin nickel bridge with raw brass saddles. The really thick nickel control plate was wired up flipped with CTS pots and an Oak 4 way switch. A Fender 60s mint green pickguard was put on. I think I'm done now, but there's not much Squier anymore. IMG_20171003_130231952.jpg

11. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    Tonebomb ash body, MM V-shaped neck. SME pup's......

Attached Files:

esetter and miqueiaspe like this.

12. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher TDPRI Member

Aug 20, 2017
    Houston
    Some better shots of my completed project from above with some PRS Lampshade knobs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Festus_Hagen likes this.

13. PixMix

PixMix Tele-Holic

Aug 30, 2008
    MI
    My most recent:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And with the one from last year:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    IMG_1347.JPG
    Western Bigleaf Maple/spruce body, USA Standard hardware, Allparts neck (building it for a friend)
    IMG_1250.JPG
    Squier Standard body, MIM neck, Artec Alnico 5 pups, CTS/Switchcraft controls. My daughter more or less took it.
    IMG_2364.JPG
    Purportedly USA body (no markings on it anywhere headscratch) MIK bullet neck, Dimarzio Tone Zone bridge, DiM 36th Anniversary neck, coil split switch. What my many Tele projects boiled down to after years of modding.
    IMG_2180.JPG
    “Sawtooth” Tele copy (Not a partscaster, I know... I just thought it belonged in here)
    IMG_2354.JPG
    I literally just got this one last night, and it’s nicer than all my other Teles... now I gotta decide what to do with them.

15. dannew02

dannew02 Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2010
    Erin Prarie, WI
    IMG_1250.JPG

SamIV and brookdalebill like this.

16. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    My second and third parts guitars, done over the past three months. Both came out so well, I'm probably never going to buy a name brand guitar again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. miqueiaspe

miqueiaspe TDPRI Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Brazil
    Specs:

Body: ash two pieces, with dyed finish and matte varnish
    Neck: Maple / Rosewood of Bahia (Brazilian Rosewood) and finishing matte varnish
    Frets: Jescar Stainless Stell medium
    Tightener: Two way
    Scale Radius: 9,5
    Tuners: Gotoh locking Tunners
    Nut: Brass
    Bridge: Kluson with brass carts
    Pickups: Malagoli custom shop hand made twisted tele
    Shield: Pearly white
    Scale markings: abalone shell
    And all other parts: Gotoh

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017

18. vinyldiscman

vinyldiscman NEW MEMBER!

Oct 11, 2016
    Vineland

19. pcampbell

pcampbell Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Jan 9, 2013
    Memphis, Tennessee

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.