Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your unique Telecasters!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by TheTransient, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darrell Fuller

Darrell Fuller TDPRI Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Massillon Ohio USA
    WW11 Bomber nose art Telecaster

This is my most unique Telecaster

Attached Files:

2. Thinline Twang

Thinline Twang Thinline Player Ad Free + Supporter

Sep 19, 2011
    Odessa, Texas
    Unique indeed, and beautiful.

3. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Apr 12, 2012
    Mechanicsville, VA
    very cool! :cool:

4. JD0x0

JD0x0 Friend of Leo's

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    Debated posting these because they're SOO mainstream :p

'Tribute' ASAT deluxe carved top, modded with Wilde L-90's (4H, 8H) just got this set in two days ago, still excited about it.
    [​IMG]

My #1 and probably about as unique as they come. Full Pau Ferro fatback neck. Pau Ferro top over mahogany core body. Tappable single coils, 4-way switching, and a passive bass cut. Strat neck pickup. Not much this thing can't do.

[​IMG]

5. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

What do you mean by tappable single coils. I thought that was a humbucker thing?????

Either way I love it. Strat neck pickup ftw!

6. johnny k

johnny k Tele-Afflicted

Jan 15, 2011
    France
    this is dash rip rock s guitar and it s definitely unique...
    [​IMG]

7. dschuetze

dschuetze TDPRI Member

May 25, 2012
    Powell River, BC
    The licence plate I cut out with tinsnips. The metal one I etched with acid. I was trying to relic it and accidentally fell into the system that worked.Thanks

8. JD0x0

JD0x0 Friend of Leo's

Feb 22, 2009
    New York
    I mean single coils with taps installed. (Not to be confused with single coil sized humbuckers, or 'stacked' pickups) The typical 'Humbucker tap' usually refers to a coil split or coil cut, which removes one coil from the humbucker.

TRUE single coil taps are a bit different. The wire is still wound as a single coil, but there's a 'tap' partway through the winding, which gets soldered to an eyelet, and wired to a switch, it lets you use part of the coil's windings, as opposed to the entire coil. It's basically like having two different pickups, or two outputs with the flip of a switch.
    So for example. The neck pickup's tap is at 6.5K DCR that's roughly the DCR you'd see for traditional strat pickups. This means the single coil was wound to 6.5K DCR and then the wire was soldered to an eyelet, to be fed to a 2 way switch. Essentially giving you a standard strat pickup. In fact, you could stop there and have a 'normal' strat pickup.

With the 'tapped' pickup, though, you continue winding the pickup, from there. In this case, about 2K DCR is added, giving a total DCR of 8.5K at full output, which has a much more 'overwound' sound with more mids.
    It's a pretty simple concept, you just need to have pickups that are wound for it.

From Seymour Duncan

9. Slidertom

Slidertom Tele-Meister

Jul 16, 2014
    So-Cal
    A little late I know,but, damn, liking this! These are my racing colors. NICE!!

10. blind radish

blind radish Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2003
    Clearwater, Fl
    MIA, MIJ and MIM .... come together to create

The Darkness 2

[​IMG]

and THIS is THE DARKNESS

[​IMG]

11. jmgruber

jmgruber Tele-Meister

Mar 23, 2006
    Somewhere in SD
    Do you have a build thread for these guitars? What metal and acid did you use? Maybe PM so we don't clog up the thread. Thanks.

12. Mongo Park

Mongo Park Tele-Meister

Nov 28, 2010
    Winnipeg
    Here is my tele home brew, sort of a Diddlycaster. It is thinline with mahogany back cherry top and a maple center core for the neck and PU's.
    It has Bill Lawrence Pu's, a L600 in the neck and a L48TL (twin blade) in the bridge. So it has a bit of everything in it but has the tele essence in the twang sound. It has a vol, tone and a blend knob which dials in the neck and bridge PU, instead of a switch it is all the way one way for bridge and all the way the other for neck and everything in between. Sorry the few photos do not have the knobs on. I am loving the sound this thing gives me despite the oddball look. Cheers Ron

Attached Files:

13. Thinline Twang

Thinline Twang Thinline Player Ad Free + Supporter

Sep 19, 2011
    Odessa, Texas

14. decal

decal Tele-Meister

Jan 19, 2013
    St. Paul, MN
    Before and After:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.