Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by MEL_P, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Best looking black strat I've ever seen!

2. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Meister

Feb 20, 2011
    Lansing, Michigan
    Thanks, I like it a bunch too! :D

3. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    My '16 American Standard Stratocaster!
    IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1582.JPG

S-arm and AlabamaOutlaw like this.

4. William SantAna

William SantAna TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    That's my strat rockin on.

5. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    I think @Asmith is right... that is a beauty! It’s just kind of subtly perfect. Nothing is over the top, it just has the perfect balance in one package.

Asmith likes this.

6. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    Here's our MDX custom suede:
    IMG_0712.JPG IMG_0713.JPG

brookdalebill likes this.

7. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Picked this up yesterday. MIJ Foto Flame neck, MJT body, Fender SCN and Dimarzio pickups. Came in a 2007 Scott Dixon aluminum Fender case.

[​IMG]

8. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    1981 Fender MIJ '57 RI
    Heavily modded

9. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio

10. Guitdrum

Guitdrum Tele-Meister

Jul 5, 2014
    Syracuse NY
    My recent purchase a bone stock 2001 American Series Strat in white blonde.
    Very playable.
    The rosewood fretboard is the darkest I've ever seen in person.

brookdalebill likes this.

11. JJAdams1956

JJAdams1956 TDPRI Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Los Angeles
    My Jimmie Vaughan Strat with its two compadres...replaced the stock pickguard with a 920D loaded pickguard w/DiMarzio Area 58/61 Lincoln Brewster pickups.

60263B7D-AD27-4641-84C9-EA2C237450F1.jpeg

lineboat likes this.

12. Telesphere

Telesphere Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2005
    The Telesphere
    The latest addition, an SX Traditional Series, age unknown. Listed as Television Yellow in the ad I bought it from, I'm noticing it's not too far off Platefire's Squire posted above.

I had a quick peek under the hood and saw that there are mini pots, which will be upgraded in the future.

SX Strat01.jpg

It looks cleaner and less dinged than it actually is on the front. Better than a €60 beater might be expected to be. The neck, while a little on the orange side, is not that bad in comparison to some I've seen. It'd probably look lighter and better balanced on a darker body. With at least 2 other guitars in various states of modding development, I'm going to resist the temptation of stripping it to a lighter shade, as that would create a whole raft of problems, and I hope I'm learning from other mistakes to know when to leave well enough alone :cool:

SX Strat02.jpg

The nicks, dinks and bangs show up more on the back, but that's not a problem.
    SX Strat03.jpg

The tuners are a non-stock, black nickel type. I fully intend to replace them with full black at some point
    SX Strat04.jpg

Nubs likes this.

13. Norwegian Would

Norwegian Would TDPRI Member

Feb 29, 2016
    Bergen, Norway
    My 2008 Fender American Standard. I found it online at a Norwegian eBay-like site a few weeks ago. The ad had been up for about 7 minutes, and the guy wanted $490 for it. It took me a couple of seconds to process how cheap it was, before I sent the guy a message saying I was interested if it was still available. Sure enough, I finally found a real bargain, and the next day I went and picked it up (he lived half an hour from me, so no shipping necessary).

I love it! It's currently getting a pro setup, I'm having it set up for '9s in Eb tuning. Gonna be my go-to guitar for all things Hendrix, Yngwie, SRV, whatever else requires said tuning. Can't wait to get my hands on it again, and get some recording done.

22555393_1440313712756253_4499982521604710810_o.jpg

jannodude likes this.

14. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Meister

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0223.JPG

My home built Tele style Strat - or "Stratele". Full hollow body with semi attached floating bridge, made of pine with 3mm mdf top covered in a cool looking wallpaper we used in the house. Standard Tele style bridge with no name bridge pup, acoustic pup at neck mounted on custom ring to increase height to strings. Standard Tele 3 way switch control plate angled Strat style.

I'm not overly impressed with the bridge pup, and don't really like the 3 saddle type set up. May swap out for a 6 saddle Tele bridge and better quality pup. The missus reckons I should change bridge and control plate h/ware to black.

Has a lovely sweet sound from the acoustic pup which I really love using for subtle lead work and softer rhythms. It handles mildly distorted channels on my multi effects pedal very well. Neck action is fantastic - really love it. It's just a standard MIC maple on maple with a very light satin finish - feels smooth as silk to play.

Fiesta Red, Telesphere and Zepfan like this.

15. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Aug 6, 2012
    IMG_7245.JPG

This is my new love affair. A Classic Series 60’s Lacquer. It plays and feels great. I put a set of Bodeans pickups in it, (which I highly recommend and should do a review on). It hasn’t been in action for an extended period yet, but we have that bond and I think it’s gonna be #1.

16. Telesphere

Telesphere Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2005
    The Telesphere
    Wow Macrogats that is a really unique and individual Strat. Love the wallpaper top and the neck pup looks wonderful. I'd never have suspected it was for an acoustic.

I'm definitely a fan of black hardware, but that's usually on a natural finish, but it would suit what you've got there. Bear in mind, if you change the bridge and control plate, you should probably replace the tuners too, as the chrome would look out of sync with the black. Sudenly, that's another cost you weren't planning on. A change to 6 saddle, either vintage or modern would be a good idea, though.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017

17. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

I've only got two, down from 5 a few years ago. Here they are.

Partscaster. Fender body (of indeterminate age, pretty new, though), Fender licensed Warmoth neck, Fender locking tuners, Graphtech string trees, GFS trem and stainless steel saddles, Fender pickups (maybe Mexican). I got most of the parts to build it in trade for a '66 Tele bridge pickup.

[​IMG]

Squier Japan 'E' Series, circa '84 - '86, not sure exactly which year. All stock with that wacky 'System 1' trem. It's beat to hell, but it's a real player. Even the ceramic pickups sound pretty great.

[​IMG]

- D

18. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Wow, some really tasty strats in here! Didn't realize I hadn't posted my #1 strat in Agave Blue:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

awasson, StrangerNY and Asmith like this.

19. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    I like my strat after some mods. The bridge is actually a middle position quarter pounder which I had spare which is less shrill than the stock Fat 50’s bridge but not too hot. I really like it.

They are too easy to mod :)

I took out the annoying no load tone pot, put locking tuners on and put in a nice Wilkinson bridge... but then I blocked it, so its essentially a hardtail now.

It does sound gloriously ‘stratty’ now though.

I have a HSS pickguard to swap in sometime too when i get bored.

What I really want though is the old Wilkinson Convertible trem which would lock when the arm was dropped.

IMG_3389.JPG

Nubs likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.