Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Show us your Strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by MEL_P, Jan 25, 2006.

1. thegaijin

thegaijin Tele-Meister

Oct 2, 2012
    Tokyo
    IMG_6110.JPG

Hiding in the back. SD antiquity ii surfers.
    Warmoth neck and body.
    I have more fun playing the teles so she sometimes gets overlooked. Then I'll remember how great she plays, and play nothing else for a month. But always back to the teles.

Milspec likes this.

2. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    On the left my partscaster, in the middle a modified early '70's Kasuga, and on the right a MIM Standard (now sold).

IMG_1996 (Small).JPG

I put the partscaster together about eight years ago and is a MIM standard neck, Lace Alumintone pickups on a blemished body which I never got around to repairing the finish. This is the Strat I play if I need one to gig.

IMG_3601 (586x800).jpg
    I bought the Kasuga in '75 with my first grant cheque. My first half decent guitar, so much better than the roughly Tele shaped thing I had before it. It was a nice sunburst, but being the '70s I wanted natural. A friend stripped the body and refinished it for me. I was shocked and disappointed to find the construction hidden beneath the sunburst, but have grown to love it. I don't know if it was the three months that the neck and body spent apart that caused it, but the neck was never the same again, and seemed to have developed a twist. Anyway about ten yeas ago I found a replacement neck on eBay. It is only about 54mm at the heel, someone in Austria had bought one thinking it was a Fender fit and I bought it for little more than the cost of shipping. I put the black scratchplate on about 15 years ago, and the bridge pickup was replaced with an Antoria one in 1978 when the original failed. It plays nicely again.

IMGP7115 (Small).JPG

3. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Holic

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    strats.jpg guitarinventory 011.jpg

Top is a '96 Strat-Plus with Gold Lace Sensors and an American HSS with Fat 50's.

The lower one is a '95 MIM upgraded to a Tex-Mex loaded pick guard.

I have never really warmed up to the HSS like I thought that I would, but I have no complaints with the other 2.

thegaijin and Mike Stone like this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Mike Stone

Mike Stone TDPRI Member

May 26, 2016
    Gothenburg
    IMG_5116.JPG

My AV '54 60th anniversary strat. Wonderful guitar!

thegaijin likes this.

6. teleman78

teleman78 Tele-Meister

Jan 20, 2011
    Miami, FL. USA
    IMG_2710.JPG

Recently finished Blues Machine

Mike Stone, awasson and Cheap Trills like this.

7. Asmith

Asmith Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Squier Strat.jpg

Picked this one up recently and I took this photo while waiting for a train home. It's not as fancy as most of yours on this thread but it's a 2004 CII Squier affinity. The original owner stuck the fender decal on there and while I've been making a few improvements it has been removed. The rest of the finish wasn't that fake tan colour that's because the guy who applied the new decal used a tinted finish, the current headstock colour matches the rest of the neck. The Tele knobs aren't staying I was changing pots and I need new knobs to fit. Also doing some other crazy wiring stuff but that's another story.

During mod.jpg

8. '64 Tele

'64 Tele Tele-Holic

Mar 8, 2013
    NW Arkansas
    Roadhouse Deluxe (sold to a friend)
    Classic Series 60's and Classic Series 50's (current ones)
    Better pic of 50's

Attached Files:

9. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    When I married fifteen years ago we were given enough money so that I could have all the guitars I had ever wanted, serially. I started with a Strat Plus, a '98 I think, with the Red/Blue/Silver Lace sensors. I liked it a lot, but as intended this was sold and replaced with a James Burton Telecaster, again with the Lace Sensors. However, when the Rick 650S appeared the James Burton did not get sold, nor did most of the next thirty odd. The Alumitones in my partscaster area result of how much I liked the Lace set in the Strat Plus.

Milspec likes this.

10. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity TDPRI Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Canada
    Just picked this one up last Friday.
    IMG-0488.JPG

awasson likes this.

11. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland

12. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Meister

Apr 2, 2017
    Moravian Falls, NC
    IMG_0237.JPG

1954, refinished by former owner in the early 80s. Been my #1 for more than 30 years. Middle pickup is a 63. Bridge is stock. Neck rewound by Fralin a decade ago.

noah330 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.