Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Squier

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by guitarmikey, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Steve1955

Steve1955 TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Concord, NC
    Telecaster6.jpg
    I was beginning to think there was no love at all for the Vintage Modified Telecaster. I love mine. Plays great could not be happier with it.

BorderRadio likes this.

2. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Did you change the bridge on that guitar, it's just you mentioned it was a VM and my esquire in my signature was a VM telecaster special with the duncan design JM neck pickup and tele bridge pup. (Mines modified now, obviously)

3. Steve1955

Steve1955 TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Concord, NC
    Yes I replaced the bridge with a Fender 6 saddle.

4. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Nice! Now I have a reference for a black guard on my CVC /CV build

5. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Portugal
    What is your opinion on that lovely Tele? Would you recommend it? There is one in my local classified and I am debating buying it.

6. Steve1955

Steve1955 TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Concord, NC
    I like it a lot, it's Jazzmaster neck is a little thicker than my Strat or Jaguar, but not as thick as my Les Paul. Seems just right to me. I think it has a great sound depending on what you like to play. I haven't noticed any change in the twang since changing the bridge. If the price is right I think you will be happy with it. It's my most played guitar at the moment, but that changes with me.

7. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    If you like the Jazzmaster neck pickup then go for it (if not, mod it haha), it's my best player and a lot of others will agree, check out it's reviews here,

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/squier-vintage-modified-telecaster-special-electric-guitar

seventeen 5 stars and two 4 stars reviews, bargain at what they sold for.

(Mines in my signature, has a white blonde finish.)

I've left all the hardware on mine and really like the bridge, tuners and has a great neck profile for me. The only thing I've really done is swap the pickups, I took the neck pickup out because I don't really like dark sounding pickups and put a fender '62 bridge pickup in it because I had one spare for some reason. Other than that I've messed with the electronics but that's the same on all my guitars. ;)

8. Ser_Bob

Ser_Bob TDPRI Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Portugal
    Is the Jazzmaster neck pickup really that dark? I thought it would be less than a normal Tele pickup.

9. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    It's darker than a tele neck pickup but not as dark as a humbucker. I really like JM pickups in a jazzmaster with 1 meg pots, a 0.033uF tone cap and an available strangle switch, just not with 250k pots and a 0.047uF tone cap. I just think JM pickups don't work as well with tele electronics, also I really wanted an esquire at the time haha.

10. sctrotts

sctrotts TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

May 9, 2014
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    Wow. I'm glad I saw this post. I was given this tele this summer and I couldn't figure out what model Squier tele I had. The decal was sanded off and replaced with the Fender style one. I had no idea of the year of this. Is this what I may have too? Its 2 piece ash body string through style. Classic style tuners. Wires have been re-soldered. I have no idea if the pups are stock. Intonation was not set as you can see. Buzzed like crazy. Simple bridge adjustment and.. its awesome!

Attached Files:

11. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    Well it has an electrosocket jack cup so I guess the previous owner liked to tinker so my guess the pups are stock. Are you sure the body is ash I've never seen a squier with an ash body. I think deciding what model it is going to be difficult, that's the most common tele colour around, no serial number, probably has a number of parts swapped out like the pickguard, pickups, other electronics (Probably?), jack cup, maybe tuners. I mean there could be very little difference between that guitar and some partscasters out there but that doesn't mean it's a bad guitar it just means it has no credentials haha.

12. sctrotts

May 9, 2014
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    2016-10-30 10.33.56.jpg

Attached Files:

13. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Holic

May 12, 2016
    California
    FB_IMG_1477549270437.jpg

The black strat on the right is an E7 mij Squier that I inherited. A great guitar, it doesn't get played much as my wife is extremely sentimental about it but man does it sound fantastic, better than any mim or Mia strat I've had. I really want to crack it open and see what's inside it.

14. sctrotts

May 9, 2014
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    More pics of it. The cream colored tele is an Ash bodied Harley Benton. The pic clearly shows where the 2 pieces meet at the neck joint. Prob just a partscaster indeed.. but still requires more work. The input jack i thought was an upgrade but ... it couldn't be a Fender body could it?

15. Asmith

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    You'd have to remove the pickguard and the neck for clues to find a specific brand for the body but yes that looks just like ash. That jack isn't found on fenders as far as I'm aware so I don't think it would be wise to ID the body on that point. Anyway my advice would be to remove the pickguard and see if you can find any clues, then take the neck off to check the pocket.

sctrotts likes this.

16. sctrotts

May 9, 2014
    Ottawa, On, Canada
    No clues under the pick guard going to disassemble it later today. Too mnay hacks in the wiring. Will put some custom pups in on $ day :)

17. Texas_tele2015

Texas_tele2015 Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    Here's my CV 50s BSB I named Old #7. IMG_20161101_064621.jpg

18. Texas_tele2015

Texas_tele2015 Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2014
    Mesquite, TX
    IMG_20161018_072022.jpg
    The VM with added chrome ring on pickup
    IMG_20161031_071919.jpg
    And as she is currently with chrome humbucker and standard bridge pickup. Changed out bridge and neck

19. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.