Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. T3L3CAST3R scr33nag3r

T3L3CAST3R scr33nag3r Tele-Meister

Oct 20, 2006
    London
    thanks for replying
    however, i know nothing about electronics at all
    i would use it on my RAT and wah which i believe require the same adapter.
    whats this battery snap thing you're talking about?
    whats the cheapest and easiest way for me to do this? I think my dad has some soldering stuff but means taking the pedals etc. over there
    thanks.

2. Stjohn1299

Stjohn1299 Tele-Meister

Apr 24, 2006
    Calhoun, Louisiana
    Here's Mine:

Here's mine:

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c231/stjohn1299/

The tolex and grill cloth came from Anitique Electronics. I still need to make a cover with it, and still need to find some corner hardware for the top corners on the front edges. Oh, and I need about 4 more pedals.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006

3. T3L3CAST3R scr33nag3r

Oct 20, 2006
    London

the blues driver looks a rather strange shade of turquoise or is that how the older ones are or something?

4. Stjohn1299

Stjohn1299 Tele-Meister

Apr 24, 2006
    Calhoun, Louisiana
    Blues Driver

no, it's normally dark blue....it's a 2005/2006 model, so it's not one of the old ones....not sure why the flash changed the color so.

5. t0m

t0m Tele-Meister

May 8, 2006
    UK
    The cheapest way is probably to do the battery snap method. Heres what I mean by battery snap - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx...uto&doy=search&MenuName=PP3+Type+Battery+Snap

It just clips onto the pedals existing battery snap and powers it. Heres a (rather bad) paint diagram showing what I did. Basically just cut off one of the plugs from the wires that plug into the power block, strip back the end a bit to reveal the core and bare strands. Twist bare strands together and connect to red, strip a bit off the core wire and connect to black!

[img=http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/5725/batteryclipcj4.th.jpg]

6. Yutaka

Yutaka Tele-Meister

Oct 17, 2005
    Paris, France
    Sorry about the phone quality photo, but here's my pedalboard... :cool:

[​IMG]

7. andy__woods

andy__woods Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2005
    Michigan
    Here's my "board". I haven't had time to rig one together, in fact....I still need to buy the materials. I've actually just started getting into pedals, and using them, so that's why its pretty slim. Pretty simple though. Bad monkey for rhythm crunch, and Blues Driver for more of a lead boost. The Fender pedal is just the channel selector for my amp, which I generally don't use, but have on occasion.

[​IMG]

I'm looking at adding an EQ soon, and maybe a delay.

8. finally got the time to put everything (well, ALMOST everything :rolleyes: ) together...

[​IMG]

9. Mike D.

Mike D. Tele-Holic

Mar 17, 2003
    Chicagoland
    OK, I'll play. This goes into a Mesa Maverick which I play in a country gig.

[​IMG]

10. aznxtasy341

aznxtasy341 Tele-Holic

May 29, 2006
    chicago
    i have a question to pedalboard users- do you just leave all the pedals on the board, place them in the case, take them out, and let loose, or what? im a little confused on that..

11. rkwrenn

rkwrenn Tele-Meister

Mar 8, 2005
    La Plata, MD
    On mine, I have velcro on the bottom of the pedals to make them 'stick' to the board bottom. This eliminates the need to constantly position and plug them together.

When traveling the pedal board top protects the pedal layout making the whole thing look like a little suitcase - nice and neat. Here is a link to a picture at MF of the Core pedal case...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Core-Equipment-Pedal-Board?sku=155510

Hopefully the picture will explain a little more. You can click the 'See more photos' link on the page for various pics.

Cheers and HTH,

Bob

12. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2005
    ROCK!linghausen/germany
    just plugged this monster together

hi guys,
    it goes: guitar (tele)- tuner (essential)- bluesbraker (mellow) -mxr distortion + bit dirtier) - chorus (just a little)- tremolo (quite heavy)- analog delay (slapback)- looper (for my playbacks)- amp (roland cube 30)
    it is fed by two regular ibanez ac-adapters, one for the looper. one for the rest. i need all this stuff, because i do quite a bunch of soloshows. it was a real pain to get it all together in the space.
    what do you think? did i do right? any suggestions to make it better are highly welcomed. i will do a soloshow at the coca-cola christmastruck on thursday and nothing shall go wrong.
    eddie

Attached Files:

13. etiquettemona

etiquettemona Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2006
    Sweden
    [​IMG]

Everything I need with my Landlady (marshall 18 watt clone):

Das Fuzz (GE-fuzz) and Lady´s Kiss (amz-boost with a twist)

14. FrankB

FrankB Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2006
    Havertown, PA. U.S.A.
    Here's mine, minus the BK butler tube driver which was being repaired. I don't really use this stuff much aymore since I picked up a peavey classic 50 4X10 combo....which is a fantastic amp. But this is a version of what I used to use. I;ve had so many pedals over the years it's crazy. Pedals I still have but aren;t on this board. Ibanez sonic distortion (sounds great broken footswitch though need to get it fixed) dod compressor 280 from the 1970's, Boss SD1 Boss DS1, Pearl Compressor (shorted out, my rottie pissed on it) I have an old Rat that I can't seem to find, soundtank Tube screamer (weird, dull pedal) Aria chorous ( wild sound with treble control..pretty cool) broken digitech delay unit, that was also pissed on by my dog... and tha's about it..Oh and the board is a piece of Flamed out Maple for the purists.. it;s more of a ghetto board, but that's how I like em.

Attached Files:

15. TY

TY Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    L.A.
    The london is gone and a strobostomp is in its place. I need to make room for the london...

[​IMG]

16. missing_dave

missing_dave Tele-Meister

Dec 12, 2005
    Boston, MA
    monte mod od3
    monte mod turbo tube
    my own custom plug above wah for vodoo power supply

Attached Files:

17. Guitarmoog

Guitarmoog Banned

Jul 22, 2006
    Nowhere
    This is the most recent photo I have, although it has been changed around a bit now, principally because I don't ust the DL4 or the Guyatone Fuzz live, use two guitars live, so needed a a/b switch, and discovered that the rotovibe sounds better after the distortion pedals.

[​IMG]

The new line up is Morley AB/Y > Korg DT-7 > Boss EQ > Diamond J-Drive > > Toadworks Death Rattle > Keely Mod TS9 >Dano Flanger > Rotovibe

I keep the Line6 DL4 off-board for home use, and use the EQ when I plug my dobro in to make it sound morde 'dobro'ish'.

18. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    [​IMG]

-it's not completed yet, just finished the woodworking today, still need to fix the pedals on the board and do the wiring, but I want to get a tuner first - thinking about the Ibanez LU10, which is not a stomp-box tuner, but it has a nice, bright LED display, DC input, and my JD10 has a dedicated tuner out, so I don't need a switchable tuner.

In case you are wondering what this is:

[​IMG]

-it is the homemade brains of my board: A/B switcher (since I use both Tele and lap steel through the same pedals and amp), 4 independently switchable loops, and a linear booster (based on the EHx LPB circuit).

19. T3L3CAST3R scr33nag3r

Oct 20, 2006
    London
    whats the red mo fo in the top right do?

20. RomanS

RomanS Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 21, 2006
    Vienna, Austria
    That's the Danelectro Wasabi Rock-A-Bye delay & overdrive - great for anlog-sounding, tape-echo like delay, or slapback, the overdrive can add some raunch for dirty rockabilly tones, but doesn't sound too bad by itself either - though the JD10 right next to it is much better (one of the best overdrives for lower gain stuff I've ever heard).

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.