Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. lincolnbuck

lincolnbuck NEW MEMBER!

Apr 12, 2018
    Oregon
    I use a DIY 1 x 12 Cabinet and this board. It has pretty much everything i need. pedalboard.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    wulfenganck likes this.

2. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Very transparent setup.

3. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    My pedalboard hasn't changed since last November, but the whole setup is growing like kudzu.

[​IMG]

My ordinarily neat, compact pedalboard is being overrun with extra stuff, in preparation for my upcoming 40th high school reunion. The old band and I are going to alienate the 57-ish cocktail party crowd with some '70s classic cawk-rawk. First, I had to add the wah pedal for "I Just Want To Make Love To You". Then, the talkbox for "Sweet Emotion" and "Rocky Mountain Way", and the Vox MV50 mini-amp to power the talkbox, plus the little homemade Y-splitter to get the guitar signal to the MV50. My OCD engineer's mind can't handle the rat's nest! Gaaaahhhh!!!

Ironically, as I'm practicing all this ancient music, the song which sounds the best to me is "All Right Now", which uses no effects at all.

4. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    Hey, nice! Gull Wah for the win!

5. TeleMarked

TeleMarked TDPRI Member

Thanks for the pic!

6. ingham210

ingham210 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    South Sydney, Australia
    Excuse the horrible patch job, these were the only cables I had!
    I run this with my 2017 USA Tele into a HRD

Image1523614488.052188.jpg

Cabronitavoxman and jannodude like this.

7. EuroBailey

EuroBailey Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2012
    melbourne australia
    How difficult is it to set your board up to have some in front of the amp and some running through the effect loop? I have everything just plugged in the front but I do have an effects loop in my amp..

8. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Easy. I guess. You set up two separate circuits.
    1. Guitar through pedals to Front of amp.
    2. Cable from amp effects loop 'send' to other Pedals and back to amp effects loop 'return'.
    Let us know how it goes.

awasson and EuroBailey like this.

9. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    No problem at all with the use of the patchbox. I got 4 cables running (black for channel-switch, yellow for amp input, blue for effects send, red for effects return).
    My setup now usually takes less than 3 minutes: find a place for your amp and board on stage, find a power socket, put in the 4 cables between amp and board, switch power on, ready for soundcheck, go.

I use both the clean as well as the crunch channel of my amp and strongly dislike the sound of delay and reverb in front of a crunch sound, although it's not very gainy, just a slight crunch.
    I also find delay and reverb in front of the preamp section too....frontal, a bit too much "in your face!".
    I rarely dial in more than 50/50-ratio between effect/original signal.

But that's me, others like the sound of reverb/delay before crunch.
    The rest is fairly simple, I don't use extra modulation pedals, the modulated sounds come from tweaking the delays - of course there can be some wild pitchshifting frenzy with the Raster - and the tremolo from the Flint.
    I use the factory setting where the trem is actually last in the chain after the reverb (as it seems to have been with old Fender amps, AFAIK).

EuroBailey likes this.

10. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I can easily relate to the "horrible" patch job.....I got cable chaos as well on my board!
    But I find the arrangement of the pedal strange: the NS-2 being in a central position, whereas I'd probably would be missing both MXR and Soul Food and would be stepping on the knobs of the Chorus and the Bluesdriver constantly :)

11. ingham210

ingham210 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    South Sydney, Australia
    Reason I have the NS-2 in the middle is because I use the loop on it. It's definitely not very efficient in terms of layout. One day I'm going to sit down and re work it

12. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

Hey man... I was bored out of my skull... saw your pic... I took the liberty... check it out... I called it Pedal Bored... lol

PedalBored.jpeg

blille and ingham210 like this.

13. ingham210

ingham210 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    South Sydney, Australia
    And that’s totally how I want it! I just don’t have a long enough patch cable, and my most local store just closed down! Sad days

Thanks

blille and Cabronitavoxman like this.

14. Neon Soul

Neon Soul TDPRI Member

May 4, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Might be time to invest in a patch cable kit.

ingham210 likes this.

15. fasteddie42

fasteddie42 Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2016
    Tip of the Mitt
    My little way huge board.

There's a pedaltrain nano under there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    karpis, Vladimir and the tool like this.

16. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

Hey buds you're in Oz... didn't look at your tag... how's things man.... Perth here...

You have heaps of patches there... easy as... or try new stuff... have you tried Pedal Empire (I'm not linked to them nor get any reward from them... just suggestions) you probably want to get a pack of Lava... get it on line... saves heaps of space...
    I use that stuff on my board... some people don't like it for some reason or other... I had mine on my board for a while now and I'm happy with it... and gotta tell you I played a few gigs and rearranged my board a few times since then too...

FinalBoard3JPG.JPG

ingham210 likes this.

17. ingham210

ingham210 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    South Sydney, Australia
    Hey mate, Sydney!
    Funny enough I actually just bought some stuff from Pedal Empire recently, they’re great. They recommended either Lava or Eminence
    I think I’m going to go with Lava
    Pedal Empire’s customer service is really top notch too

Cabronitavoxman likes this.

18. ingham210

ingham210 TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2018
    South Sydney, Australia
    I think that will be the next purchase

19. Tone Eee

Tone Eee TDPRI Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    This is what I've been using for '60s style garage rock.
    GFS tuner, 90s Fuzz Face (with upgraded matching transistors), homemade Madbean LaVache (modded Love pedal Les Lius), homemade EA Tremolo, Holy Grail 20180415_074626.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.