Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Have you tried Dual Lock? I'm not sure if they sell it in England. It works pretty good!

2. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Yeh, it's pretty good, but I transport the pedal.board in an upright hold al which came with the PB, so find that the pedals can start to peel off when the board is in the bag on its bottom edge.

jannodude likes this.

3. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    image.jpeg Took this on the road to Austin during sxsw then to a recording session, did everything I needed. My all purpose grab n go

4. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    The secret weapon of this board, that I didn't explain, is the first pedal - the hamstead odyssey. I bought it blind on pre order but it's a lifesaver: compressor/eq/boost/light/medium/heavy/drive/wild fuzZ. I used all these tones while tracking, amazing Swiss Army knife.

Snowbird, jddub440 and Minimalist518 like this.

5. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    You must wear really pointy shoes, because there is no way for me to hit those buttons without setting off all the ones around it.

Obsessed and waparker4 like this.

6. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    You need to get a pair of pedal boots!

[​IMG]

7. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    nahh... pointing up toes won't work

need to be this kind of toe killers, because you'd need 3 sizes larger than normal.
    blaha.jpg

Obsessed likes this.

8. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    Ha! The soft switches help, once you are use to it. Since you don't have to put your foot into it, just a tap. Also the KOT, reverb side of the flint and Cap are on the entire time (for the most part). I engage the favorite switch for a long solo/ambient delay and the trem side when I need it. The odyssey I'll setup before the gig for whatever sound is needed.you also can't really tell from the photo but the heights of the pedals are a hit staggered

artdecade likes this.

9. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Been awhile since I've updated; got an BF Tremolux head that I'm taking to my weekly gig, which, of course, rationalizes some changes to the pedal board, bearing in mind that my application for pedals is pretty pedestrian...

(had to) (put it that way)

Pedalboard April 2018.jpg

the two OD's seem to work well together and with the Tremolux. I'm running the Tremolux to a homemade 2 X 10 cab with the Emi 1028k's in it. I've had that TR-2 for about 15 years now. It's never left the board.

Here's the current benchwarmers; I tried the SD-1 and it seemed too salty/slightly fizzy. No go for now. The DD-3, the MXR Dynacomp and the EH B9 are just special applications for me, I don't use them that much. I haven't tried the Fat Sandwich yet with the Tremolux, but that's probably down the road.

benchwarmers.jpg

RetroTeleRod and waparker4 like this.

10. jddub440

jddub440 Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2015
    Tacoma
    Let us know yer thoughts of the Fat Sandwich with the Tremolux and what you think of the effect on its own too, please!!!

11. FilthyFur74

FilthyFur74 Tele-Meister

Jan 1, 2013
    Yorkshire, UK
    Couple of new fuzz boxes on the board. Bottom row blue pedal, with rather fetching underwear, is a one knobber based loosely on the Harmonic Percolator by Champion Leccy FX. The black pedal with green knobs is an unholy union of the Boss HM2 and FY2 Companion Fuzz. I recently won this pedal on instagram. Looking forward to annoying my neighbours...... actually, may not be a good ideas as they are both cops!
    609B2E73-7072-4CCB-A315-AF27EC45216C.jpeg

Vladimir and jddub440 like this.

12. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Got a Keeley Seafoam + to compare against my Truetone H2O. Pedalboard is in flux ... :eek::eek::eek:

20180410_092529.jpg

2 Keeleys! I'm turning into @telefunken :D

The unmarked silver pedal is a modded tube screamer...... kinda like a Red Dirt? who knows... hmmm...

telefunken, RetroTeleRod and jddub440 like this.

13. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    Minor change.....just changed the booster position - from second in effects loop after the Hush to second in front of the amp. I noticed that I needed more a slight mid-boost to cut through the mix for solo/lead-passages instead of a real volume-boost.
    The T-Rex Tonebug Booster does that and also adds a tiny bit more grit to the overdrive, the volume poti on my guitar does the rest.
    Now it's wah, boost, OCD in front of the amp; Rocktron Hush, Red Panda Raster, El Capistan and Flint in the effect loop.
    Could I have reached the final transformation of my pedalboard?
    20180410_215201.jpg

14. karpis

karpis Tele-Holic

Sep 10, 2012
    Lithuania, Vilnius
    Just test drove this and while BD-2w is a very good pedal and may remain for some, CE-2w will have to go. On some clean parts it is beautiful l, but with drive it goes plastic. Probably Phase 90 will return as modulation overlord on my board.
    IMG_3338.JPG

Vladimir and wannabeatle like this.

15. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Made a few new additions to the board today. Been needing an upgrade at tuner so picked up a Polytune 3. Have had a Monoprice tuner pedal since I put the board together and it worked but was a bit too jumpy at times. Also added a Digitech Mosaic and it works really well. I like the 12 string sound and having it in pedal form that allows you to turn any guitar into a 12 string is very cool. Lastly I added a Wampler Velvet Fuzz. I was lacking a Fuzz and liked what I saw regarding the VF and having a Tumnus Deluxe and Dracarys already I know that the Wampler stuff is top notch and not disappointed with the VF so far. Definitely a few nice additions...

[​IMG]

Vladimir and karpis like this.

16. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2017
    italy

17. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    Ring Things are fun.

18. Thin white duke

Thin white duke Tele-Meister

Oct 1, 2017
    italy
    True, you can get incredible sounds out of the Ring Thing, but it's also very usable in many context because it's got pitch shift algorithm where you can create classic sounds like Uni vibe, chorus, etc....
    It's not only a ring mod and a feature that i love is the possibility to save presets.

artdecade likes this.

19. NorthenLights

NorthenLights TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Sweden
    I've finally bought myself a proper pedalboard. A Ruach Kashmir wooden board. Pretty nice if I may say so! According to Ruach, it will fit 12 Boss-sized pedals, and up to 24 mini-pedals. Well, who need 24 small pedals when you can just use one normal sized and four big ass pieces!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Top picture is the board as I will mainly use it with my Ceriatone OTS. The Tube Driver is probably the most versatile OD I have ever used. I can get everything from a cleanish boost to blues crunch to high gain with it, depending of how I set the amp. I can use it for basically every genre that I play. The delay has two settings; one shorter to emulate reverb, and one a little bit longer for lead tones. The bottom left pedal is a clone of a Pearl OC7 octave pedal. Really cool little thing. Paired with an od/fuzz it does a cool organ-emulation, and whenever I play fretless guitar, it makes it sound like a double bass. A bit gimmicky I guess, but it has its place.
    On the bottom are some pedals that I might throw in depending on the rest of the rig. If I take my 5e3, I'll ditch the Guyatone tremolo and Pearl delay and go for the van Amps Sole Mate. If I use an amp that has a decent reverb, I'll use the Ibanez AD-80. And if I ever get to play funk, which is way too seldom, nothing beats a Colortone wah.

Overall I'm happy with the options that these pedals give me. I'd like to get a Fulltone octafuzz one of these days, since there is something about them that a true octave pedal can't replicate. I also would like to get my hands on a Ceriatone Centure, to get a clean boost for the times when I don't use the OTS, but mostly because they look so classy on a board. But that is a project for another day.

the tool, karpis and Minimalist518 like this.

20. NorthenLights

NorthenLights TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Sweden
    Lol, when I think about it, back when I started getting into pedals, many of these boxes were considered among the best that money could buy. Nowdays, after spending time on internet forums, this board feels like a crude, primitive cheapstake setup :) Especially if I visit TheGearPage.
    It sounds killer, and that is all that matters to me, but it certainly hasn't got the same wow-factor as I would have thought 10 years ago.

xjazzy likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.