Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. TeleMarked

TeleMarked TDPRI Member

I would have to say that little ff is a real treat. Picked it up for 40 bucks Canadian, so like $1.50usd. Lol. Co complaints at all. The sunface is dynamite. A bit warmer and responds better to volume knob. Could be the ge vs. si too. I love them both in different ways.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018

2. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 24, 2012
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I made this same decision and ordered one

3. TeleMarked

TeleMarked TDPRI Member

I also wish the blue one had a tone knob however. A little gerth in the bottom end would go a long way in this pedal.

xjazzy likes this.

4. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Meister

Feb 27, 2017
    Palmetto, Florida
    IMG_2196.JPG This board gets me through our Praise and Worship gigs (we're pretty low tech)
    IMG_2197.JPG and it rides in here, which in turn, piggybacks on the DRRI on the hand truck

5. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA

6. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    But in terms of character and clean up, are they so distant as the price indicates?

7. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Took picture in poor light at rehearsal last week, so pardon the turd resolution.

I'll sing the praises of the VL Dingbat board again. It's really well laid out and the case is a winner.

IMG_5309.JPG

I do have two reverbs on the board at the moment, which is fine since I don't really need anything else in that space. The Talisman gets used with the dirty channel on my amp, since it stays out of the way of the dry signal. I use the RV6 with the clean channel and (sometimes) with an OD pedal when I need spring or the modulated verb.

The Mythical OD sounds super as a low gain thing with the clean channel on my Dual Terror. Gunshot for singing type sustaining solos.

The EQ tightens up my dirty channel and cuts a little high end fizz.

Haven't used the wah in ages. That's there for my other band and it's currently on hiatus until the summer event season starts up again.

8. zingy

zingy Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2010
    Slovenia
    Finally, my acoustic/bass board is finished. Kept my budget in black numbers, can't say that for the gear though... *pun groan*

[​IMG]

teletimetx, Vladimir, 1414 and 4 others like this.

9. RetroTeleRod

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    That is beautiful, zingy!

10. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    Do you have an LED installed inside a whiteface Rat? If so, I'm extremely envious. I loved my whiteface Rat but really missed having a status LED.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

11. RetroTeleRod

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Yes sir, there are actually two LEDs that shine through the case sides. Keith over at Machine Head Pedals did the mod for me. The cool thing about this is that you retain the look of the stock White Face Rat. No drilling required! Here's a close up when it was on my old board...
    100_2626.JPG

blille, karpis, xjazzy and 4 others like this.

12. King Creole

King Creole Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 24, 2011
    Colorado
    I love that.

RetroTeleRod likes this.

13. TeleMarked

TeleMarked TDPRI Member

I find the sunface cleans up suitably by '8' on my volume pot...almost like there was a switch...the ff loses cut and becomes sputtery. Fuzz knob on the sun face has a more useable range than the ff. Both very enjoyable. None of the above statements are intended to be immutable truths nor comparisons. Sort of an apples to oranges thing. Those are just a couple observations. Cheers

xjazzy likes this.

14. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    White Stripes-era Jack? Is that you?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. LeicaBoss

LeicaBoss Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2015
    New Jersey
    Changes all the time, and I power it with a Volto. Command strips on the pedals keep things happy and safe.

[​IMG]

16. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Was able to get some dual lock and got the board cleaned up and organized a bit...

[​IMG]

Really enjoying everything but still toying with possibly adding/switching some stuff to the mix. Can definitely see why so many go a little crazy with pedals because they're a blast...

17. Kayle McGuire

Kayle McGuire Tele-Meister

Jul 31, 2017
    Canada
    Finally complete! Using a Pedaltrain Classic 1 with the tour case (PT-CL1-TC). Power by an isolated Voodoo Lab 4x4. I added some Mooer Pedal Toppers and Barefoot Buttons. Might consider swapping my compressor with a Xotic SP :)

TC Electronic PolyTune 3 (Tuner) > Hotone Vow Press (Volume/Wah) > Mooer Acoustikar (Sim) > Boss TW-1 Touch Wah (Envelope Filter) > Boss BD-2W Blues Driver (Overdrive) > Seeing Eye Mod DS-1 (Distortion) > Sniper Mod GE-7 (Equalizer) > Boss CE-2W (Chorus/Vibrato) > MXR M290 (Phase 95) > JHS Pink Panther (Digital Delay) > MXR M300 (Reverb) > Fender MicroComp (Compressor) > TC Electronic Ditto X2 (Looper) > Ohmless Hatcher (Buffered Splitter)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.