Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

Yes, that's what I've read about them... man, love my AC30C2, but a real back breaker... bought a trolley to cart it around, but still... awesome tone but if I can get away with MV why not... I thought of still running my current rig ( been pretty much the same more or less for a couple of years... )
    Tele > FV500H > Wah > Tuner > OD > Reverb > Amp
    If I can fit it all on one pedalboard, why not...
    Do you run yours into a cab or straight into mixer...

2. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    Understandable... I had the Night Train G2 head wich was small, but got tired of moving it between home and rehearsal, and i didn't want to leave the head at rehearsal and get some "amp in pedal" thingy. I wanted the same sound wherever i go. As i used the amp clean anyway, i guessed i could use the MV50 Clean instead. And it works for me.

For you though, even if the MV50 AC sounds very AC like you'll need to compare it with your AC30 to see if you can live with the (possible) compromises the MV50 AC might have versus the real deal. The MV50 AC has Gain, Tone and Volume. Thats all. But it sound overall very good. But an additional EQ pedal might be needed if you go that route (imho).

With that said, i haven't needed any EQ changing even though i have all the possibilities to do so with the MS-3. But the Clean has Bass and Treble knobs, the AC only tone.

At home i use it with a 1x12 16ohm cab or headphones (from MV50), at rehearsal i have a 2x12 cab permanently stationed.
    I have used it live with the line out (headphone jack) to the PA/mixer and it works well. There is a cab sim in there and while I'm no expert at cab sims i found it to sound good enough. Also worth mentioning is that Vox has left the outputs running simultaneously. So if you line out to a PA or mixer it doesn't kill speak out, so you could still use a cab on stage.

I think you should at least try the MV50 AC :) Maybe you can test it in your AC30 cab? That would be a good A/B test

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Cabronitavoxman likes this.

3. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Apr 29, 2011
    Detroit Metro
    IMG_4692.JPG

Timmy replaced a Rat. Why did I wait so long to get a Timmy? It’s a perfect OD.

wannabeatle and j5jarod777 like this.

4. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    Not to stir the pot or anything.. but i find the Timmy works excellent with my Rat. Timmy medium drive, Rat after set to higher drive, both together rocks!

RetroTeleRod likes this.

5. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

Hmmmm... looks like I'm going to be busy next payday... :D:lol::D:lol::D:lol::cool:

the tool likes this.

6. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 24, 2012
    Huntington Beach, CA
    [​IMG]

That big blank spot is going to hold either a Strymon Flint or Mr. Black Deluxe Plus when I move on from the CDR

Minimalist518 likes this.

7. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Can’t say enough about the Flint. Just got it a couple days ago. My first Strymon pedal and it’s amazing. Amazing. My board is currently being renovated to accommodate it and the Keeley Dark Side. Removed the Holy Grail Nano and the Demeter Tremulator. IMG_8682.JPG

8. ifallalot

ifallalot Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 24, 2012
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Keely Dark Side is another one on the wish list, even though it would be somewhat redundant

9. RajDonYasser

RajDonYasser TDPRI Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Right here
    My "grab and go" set-up for rhythm lately.

IMG_3660.JPG

karpis and Vladimir like this.

10. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    How do you use the two tube drivers?

11. Unionjack515

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    Understood, with your Memory Man and Muff. The modulation effects on the Dark Side are very accurate, for what it’s worth. And I think for anyone to use this pedal live, they’d need a separate delay anyway—can’t run the delay and the modulation at the same time. But I’m not trying to influence you, I promise

12. 1414

1414 NEW MEMBER!

Feb 25, 2018
    Russia
    Hello from Russia!)[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Unionjack515

Jan 24, 2016
    Batavia, IL
    First is set up to add just a bit of grit and beef up the bottom end just slightly. Roll the volume on the guitar back for a thickened clean tone and then roll it back on and dig in for just a little edge. Stack either the second on top or add the OD-1 for good dirt. Both have 12AU7’s installed so they’re lower gain than the original 12AX7’s—consequently, they’re much more creamy, less potential for being fizzy.

Gilmourish references it on his site, and I’d have to agree that swap makes the Tube Driver more pleasant to deal with. He’s also right on the money when he says the Tube Driver works best when pushing a powerful amp.

I also use a 12AU7 in a tube DI that I have and run my acoustic through it. It’s a wonderful little tube.

14. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    I want a Timeline!

15. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    Thats a cool looking pedalboard!

16. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2011
    United Kingdom
    The zvex octane is something I'd really love to try one day

17. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Good to see some Tumnus love!

mattmayhem likes this.

18. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Finally had some down time to set up my "music room". I was debating to use one of our rooms for a dedicated music room but I have a good buddy who comes over to jam.
    LRG_DSC03812.JPG LRG_DSC03814.JPG
    I use the Vox Amp for creating a backing track. I record the Trio band creator into a looper and then switch my input to my Princeton for "soloing/noodling" purposes.

Minimalist518 and Alonious_Monk like this.

19. BBill64

BBill64 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 19, 2011
    United Kingdom
    Current state of the board:

[​IMG]

Minimalist518 and Alonious_Monk like this.

20. Kimbarafuzz

Kimbarafuzz TDPRI Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Paris
    IMG_0971.JPG

Rockabilly day, light overdrive and slapback delay ..

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.