Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. wannabeatle

wannabeatle TDPRI Member

Sep 10, 2017
    Oak Park, IL
    9A48515F-71ED-434A-BCB6-A67545FE43C8.jpeg Tele plus these pedals into a blackface fender amp gets me pretty much everywhere I need to go.

2. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I've updated my minimalist pedal board! Swapped my Rat for a Tumnus!

Tuner - Wampler Tumnus - Analogman True Vintage mod with True Bypass TS808 - Flashback Delay - Boss Reverb - Ditto Looper.

Happy :p
    IMG_3853.JPG
    IMG_3850.JPG

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

3. MatthewDickin

MatthewDickin Tele-Afflicted

I had a bit of a rejig after getting a used MXR Custom Shop Phase 90 '74 reissue for a good price off eBay.

Fuzz Face Mini > SP Compressor > Archer > Phase 90 > Echorec > DLS > Moollon Tremolo > HoF

1507318031246.jpg

4. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    I like the clean look :cool:

5. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

George L's make such a difference too... I use Mogami's at the moment... awesome patches but too bulky, I've used MXR's pans but their length do not suit my pedalboard layout...

MatthewDickin and jannodude like this.

6. MatthewDickin

I know some people who have problems with George L's, but I love them and allow me to wire up the board as neatly as possible.

It's not quite as neat as I'd like yet, though - the SP Compressor needs to be a bit higher and the Archer a little lower so as to not offend my OCD.

Now, if only all manufacturers would put the jacks in the same place, I could be even neater...

dr_tom, jannodude and Minimalist518 like this.

7. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Do you use a daisy chain or have a designated/isolated power supply?

8. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Well, it's been five months and one day since I last changed my main board, so here's the latest revision, which is largely a return to past versions.

[​IMG]

I recently had several realizations about my effects:
    • The best compressor for me is no compressor at all. I've tried a bunch and they never improve my sound or enjoyment of playing. So, the Mooer Yellow Comp is gone.
    • Though I was thinking it's good to have a variety of dirt sounds, I always preferred my BB Preamp to whatever else was on the board, most recently a DIY Rat clone. On my board, I really only need the BB. So the Rat goes to join the DS-1, SD-1, Triangle Muff, Fuzzrite, and SFT clones in the spare pedals drawer.
    • I really don't like mucking around with multieffects. The Zoom MS-50G was saving me some space, doing the job of tuner, slapback delay, and tremolo, but its switches and knobs and LCD display were just too fiddly for a live board. What's more, its single stomp switch didn't really do its vast processing power justice.
    • I really love Boss pedals; the more Boss, the better.
    The only new pedal is the EHX Canyon, which replaces the Zoom. I was going to go with a Carbon Copy, but then I realized in the same footprint I could get so much more. I'll mostly use the Canyon for slap back, but if I ever need an octave delay or shimmer or even reverb (I'm not a reverb kinda guy), they're in there.

With the Rat and Mooer Yellow Comp gone, I brought back the the TR-2 and the PitchBlack. Boss count increased by 1. Discrete pedals are easier to deal with than fiddling with the MultiStomp. End result: this board has all the really "me" stuff and nothing else.

For non-"me" stuff, I have a Boss GT-1 that will remain separate from this board. It has many of the same sounds as the Zoom, but its real-time control is much more effective.

9. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Image1507433307.311105.jpg

Went to a jam the other night. Came home and tweaked my light board set up. Loving the changes! Two stages of dirt and something swirly :)

10. MatthewDickin

Alas, just a daisy chain. I know I should get a proper power supply, but I haven't had an issues with the daisy chain so far.

jannodude likes this.

11. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I had a power supply. It was good - until it broke down during a gig, which left me with just the amp and a delay, because I had only one spare battery with me (it was nice to have a pure 60s tone, but not for all songs).
    After that I changed and now have two wallwarts with a daisy chain each to feed my pedals, a thrid one for my wireless and a spare supply in the "odds&sods-emergency"-flightcase and feel a lot safer for gigs.
    Of course I bought quality models from Korg, Boss, as well as quality cables; I have the impressions it is altogether less noisy than before... So it's absolutely no need for me to get another power-brick.

MatthewDickin likes this.

12. Alonious_Monk

Alonious_Monk Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2014
    Bedford, UK
    Good lord that is tidy!

[​IMG]

13. peeweepete

peeweepete TDPRI Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Germany
    No obvious changes except that I put my Carbon Copy before the drive pedals.
    Signal chain as of now
    USA Tele Deluxe --> TU-3 --> Micro POG --> CC --> TS7 --> Green Rhino --> RAT --> VPJR --> El Capistan --> DD7 --> Stereo Wet --> Jamman --> SF Twin

Still looking for something to fill in for the Rhino. I'd like a Mayflower or something in the ballpark. I never played a Timmy before so I guess I have to try one, right?

IMG_20171011_180349.jpg

Doghouse_Riley and wannabeatle like this.

14. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    I put together a small board to use with my looper. The end goal being to practice using this setup and go out and get some solo gigs. Then save up for an RV-300.:)

20171012_091441.jpg

wannabeatle and Minimalist518 like this.

15. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    Just some minor adjustments after a couple of gigs. New channel switch (from Laney), less bulky than the Boss FS-5L, therefore more space between each pedal - less occasional stepping on the wrong knob....it seems like I've reached a satisfactory board, because for the last 6 months I've not been missing anything (please don't throw me out of this thread)!

Oh, the signal: guitar into AKG WMS40 wireless via patchbay into T-Rex Gull Wah - TC Dark Matter into Amp input. From effects send via patchbay inot Rocktron Hush, then T-Rex Tonebug Booster, into Red Panda Raster, then T-Rex Reptile (old version), Strymon Flint back to effects return. Amp is a Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th Anniversary.

20171013_021942.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017

16. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2016
    L.A.
    @wulfenganck How do you like the Strymon Flint? I've been gassing for one for a while now.

17. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I love it - it's one of my favourite pedals. Get it now!

Doghouse_Riley likes this.

18. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    A couple minor changes and it's as close to perfection as it's ever been. (Don't quote me on that in six months when I change it again.) After playing through Johnny Marr's live version of "How Soon Is Now" I decided the TR-2 and the CE-2 needed to be next to each other, so I can do the tremolo<=>chorus switching with a single stomp. I also tweaked the level trim pot in the TR-2 so that the tremolo and dry volumes match better. The signal path is PitchBlack=>BB Preamp=>Phase 95=>CE-2=>BF-2=>DD-3=>Canyon=>TR-2.

[​IMG]

Of course, pedalboard modifications require close supervision from the quality control inspector. I don't know how I would ever get it working properly without Nigel's help.

[​IMG]

19. jannodude

jannodude Tele-Meister

Aug 10, 2016
    SF Bay Area/California
    Nigel's very cute! My cat does the same thing but when I'm playing!

Cabronitavoxman likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.