Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. brown2bob

brown2bob TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    IMG_0324.JPG

Here’s my basics analog board. One of my favorites is the Analog Man TS9. Is there anything missing?

2. richiek65

richiek65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

A trem?

RetroTeleRod likes this.

3. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Is that a 5e3 clone?

4. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    IMG_1823.JPG The evolution of a board...

Obsessed likes this.

5. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    IMG_1275.JPG

Put together a small “essentials” board. Still trying to figure out the best way to deal with the power supply...

Staypuft1652 likes this.

6. brown2bob

brown2bob TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Great idea! I can definitely squeeze one in.

richiek65 likes this.

7. brown2bob

brown2bob TDPRI Member

Jan 1, 2017
    San Jose, CA
    Yep, Mission Amps flavor. Super kit and love the tone.

8. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Very nice.

9. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Apr 29, 2011
    Detroit Metro
    Can you upload a higher resolution photo?

10. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    Take 2:
    IMG_1276.JPG

Trying to find a way to get the power cable running side to side and still have the four pedals.

wannabeatle likes this.

11. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    I don't think so, this is a photo composite of my boards dating back to my first upload here 5 years ago and my phone isn't very good lol but I remember each pedal from all the photos and have maybe 2/3 of them still

12. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    I'd put the tuner on top of the power supply.

e44crowe and nwinkler like this.

13. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    Your octafuzz doesn't react weird with pedals in front? I find the tone and feel on mine to change pretty heavily if it's not first in line to see the guitar cable/pickups

14. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    It has been weird with certain pedals in front. The BD-2 doesn’t seem to be one of them. I prefer the fuzz into the OD but I isn’t a deal breaker. I just want a good ergonomic layout and the delay has to be last.

Also, the octave switch is broken. It’s ok though. I never used the it that way.

15. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    I’m going to try this tonight. It may too tall to fit in the bag though.

16. e44crowe

e44crowe Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2010
    Alabama
    I think I found the solution. May even be able to add a mini pedal one day ;)

IMG_1278.JPG

wannabeatle likes this.

17. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    You could always change the tuner for a Polytune mini or even the pitchblack mini.
    Another option was powering everything with a 1Spot and a daisy chain.

Cabronitavoxman and e44crowe like this.

18. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Wow, very interesting evolution. I can see it too, which is fun. All of that in just five years? Please extrapolate a bit.

19. juxtapolice

juxtapolice Tele-Holic

Mar 31, 2011
    Jersey City
    Totally. In the past couple years I've started gigging regularly so my changes directly parallel that. My earlier gigging years I just used a distortion (usually the Emma reezafratzitz), a carbon copy, boss dd6 and tuner. I didn't have a board for years and when I amassed a collection for my first board, the top one, I figured I ought to put everything I have and cover all standard sounds...that was fun for home playing. The second board I tried to make a "do all" board, with every sound I thought I'd need, that survived one gig lol. I reduced the board after that to essentials (for my sound), on the third picture, the Rat would rotate for any drive that I was feeling and the add on effects like the "frequency analyzer" or "green ringer" were mostly just fun. When I began gigging regularly and subbing for a friend on wedding gigs I realized less is more and tried to get all essentials on a mini board - od/distortion/delay and a wah in the gig bag (I was playing a Princeton then). That little board had me for a bit and I went through a few versions of the same idea, selling and swapping drives etc when I realized I shouldn't be a slave to the concept of a small board for the sake of it. I purchased the next size pedaltrain and experimented and after much deliberation and looking at everything in front of me, I chose my favorites and put together the last board shown. It's perfect for me (at the moment). The King Of Tone is new but my favorite (I could do a gig with that and my maxon ad999), the Versa Vibe is the modulation I dig most, Pettyjohn Chime is great for sessions and gigs since it has an option to slice off bass and compress which I find useful, the blackbird is an all tube preamp that allows me to go direct (which I need to occasionally) plus it's a tube buffer, amazing drive and I can run it into my torpedo cab as well, the strymon cap and flint just work great. So all n all, it's a simple rig that's portable but still has a lot of options. Everything there made it through the gig test for me!

Obsessed and Minimalist518 like this.

20. ndeli55

ndeli55 Tele-Afflicted

May 12, 2008
    oklahoma
    That's the reverse of what I was going to suggest:

Power supply all the way to the right, and the tuner on its side to accept the input, hanging the power chord off the right bank. Looks good

e44crowe likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.