Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. brobar

brobar Tele-Holic

May 30, 2017
    Colorado
    Not really a pedalboard just yet. I'm working on building the board part. Pretty simple setup... a hum eliminator, compressor, OD, delay, reverb, and looper.

I'm thinking about taking a piece of old tweed luggage we have and building a carrying case for a removeable pedalboard.

IMG_4846.JPG

2. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

I used to keep my Fuel Tank Jr. on the pedal board... all nice and new and shiny and red... plus the bracket supplied by Pedaltrain didn't suit :D:lol::D... I since made a bracket and now it's under the board... :D

3. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    €12 chinese dual switcher added.
    The switches are hard click ones but it's gonna help having two more assigns in some presets.
    Also, I had that place empty on the board so...
    20170920_142326.jpg

the tool likes this.

4. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    Found stuff can make great pedalboards/pedalboard cases! My old one ('90s-early '00s) was a slab of plywood carried in an old army surplus wooden amo crate I got at a yard sale. That was a heavy load of lumber and electronics to hump around town, though. I miss it yet I don't
    Please post your finished product, it sounds cool!

brobar likes this.

5. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Okay, so here's the latest iteration...hopefully last....

IMG_1491.JPG

Added the Blackout Effectors Blunderbuss Fuzz and Twosome fuzz within recent weeks. I considered selling the Twosome, but I bought it for such a great price I couldn't bring myself to do it. I replaced it with the new Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Fuzz Face, but I just didn't like it. So I put the Twosome back on the board and just started tweaking it. The Fuzz 2 is gated, glitchey and great, but not what I was after. So I have it off. The Fuzz 1 circuit with nothing else on is soooooo good: I can roll off the guitar volume and it cleans up to good, like a good fuzz face. And then my obsession with barefoot buttons is getting out of control!!! SRSLY!!!! I thought these were a joke/over-hyped, but after adding a few to my switcher, it was love at first press.

So my signal path may be a bit unorthodox: guitar-->tuner-->Xotic SP Compressor-->switcher, then from there everything is basically in parallel I guess (Blackout Effectors Blunderbuss Fuzz is first on red button, Blackout Effectors Twosome fuzz is on orange button, ZVEX Double Rock is third on yellow button, TC Electronic Flashback on green button, ZCAT Q-Mod [chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo] is next on blue button, I don't have anything in the last position though I keep looking, so basically it's a kill switch)-->Digitech Ricochet Whammy-->Xotic Wah-->amp (Fender Mustang III on Fender Twin). The wah at the end may seem unorthodox, but believe when I say that I spent several hours (twice) moving stuff around, putting wah in front, in front of fuzz, after fuzz but before distortion, and it just never sounded as good as it does at the end.

And here's the undercarriage, powered by Tru-Tone/1-Spot CS 12 IMG_1501.JPG

6. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

An update...

The V845 does suck some of the tone... at first at room volume it seemed ok but once I started cranking it up and putting it through its paces it became obvious, and quite a bit of trebleness too...

I purchased a 3PDT switch, and a couple of LED's while at it (pretty cool little units btw, they come in a vessel with their own in-line resistors and for only a couple of bucks...).

Pretty easy mod to do...I adjusted the potentiometer back a bit while I was there... there's no tone sucking now and sounds awesome...

ModdedVoxPedalboard.JPG ModdedVoxV845LED.PNG ModdedVoxV845Switch3PDT.PNG

the tool likes this.

7. Andree88

Andree88 TDPRI Member

Sep 11, 2017
    Italy
    Ok, I've just "updated" my PedalBoard (sold all 3 Mooer pedals and bought 2 Boss and 1 MXR), it's better than before :)
    The order is like before: Half pedals are in the input of amp (in this order: Buffer, Wah, Compressor, Acoustic Simulator, Volume - with Tuner output - and Overdrive) and half are on S/R (Harmonizer, Noise Gate, Tremolo, Flanger, Phaser, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Drum Machine and Looper), I use the 3 channels of my Mesa (with EQ, Reverb and Boost from amp itself).

The pedalboard is feed with 3 HB Powerplant Jr. (each output is isolate)..

[​IMG]

Minimalist518 and wulfenganck like this.

8. zingy

zingy Tele-Meister

Apr 26, 2010
    Slovenia
    Took all my pedalboards out for a status check... lotsa rewiring and testing (jacks, pots, noise) waiting for me.

[​IMG]

fidopunk, Iago, karpis and 4 others like this.

9. bottlenecker

bottlenecker Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2015
    Wisconsin
    A dremel, and a pack of reinforced cut-off discs is probably the simplest and cheapest way if you're starting with no tools. Grab a file too, you'll want to deburr and smooth it a little after material removal.

ljomar likes this.

10. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    I dig that surf/seafoam board! (But everybody probably already knew that.)

zingy and Obsessed like this.

11. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    You are the first person I thought of when I looked at Zingy's boards.

zingy and RetroTeleRod like this.

12. LPDR Band

LPDR Band TDPRI Member

Sep 27, 2017
    Myrtle Beach
    I am an engineer... Designed and built myself... Will upload a photo later with pedals haha.

Red Mahogany stained and clear coated. Fits about 10 pedals. I make them to order, if anyone is interested

Attached Files:

13. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    Looks like you engineered a pedal train... in wood.

awasson and bottlenecker like this.

14. Rich_S

Rich_S Friend of Leo's

Dec 29, 2006
    Potsdam, NY
    Presently a practice rig for motel rooms while on business trips, I hate to say this little rig might be able to replace my real pedalboard.

[​IMG]

My DIY footswitch provides CTL2 and CTL3 in addition to the CTL1 button on the main board. I put on two 9-volt power connectors, so I can light up the LEDs with a 1Spot, and then jump over to feed the GT-1 with a short power cable.

xjazzy and the tool like this.

15. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    While youre at it, take the white (or black) pedals of the B&W board and make one white board and one black board... you know have to! It has to be done theres no other way :D

zingy and Iago like this.

16. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    I can't see a yellow board.
    You need a yellow board.
    You know, you do.
    ....why are you still reading instead of planning a yellow board?

zingy likes this.

17. TelePrankster

TelePrankster Tele-Meister

Jan 21, 2016
    Rome
    You could use whatever pedal you want on any pedalboard and paint everything with a different colour. I mean, velcro, switches, displays. Everything.
    Just sayin'...

Iago likes this.

18. Fireball519

Fireball519 Tele-Meister

Dec 26, 2014
    Walland, Tn
    20170925_203854.jpg I just recently got the 2 Line 6 pedals(DL4 & MM4) I had to get a bigger board. I just put it all together last night. What do you guys think?

19. the tool

the tool Tele-Holic

Apr 12, 2016
    Sweden
    nahhh... thats not the Zingy way... his way or no way

zingy and TelePrankster like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.