Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Pedal board.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Twangbanger, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Tenbender

Tenbender Tele-Meister

Mar 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA

Where can I get a board like this?

2. Twangbanger

Twangbanger Tele-Holic

Mar 16, 2003
    Marble Falls, TX
    Texsunburst59!
    What a pedal board, is this why companies like line6 and such are in bussiness?

3. Eric K

Eric K Tele-Meister

Jul 21, 2003
    HK
    I like RAT2 sound pretty much. The left hand 1 is Keeley mod. I use that in phat mode (since it has 3 mode) for lead n solo. It's sound rich n boost/ more bottom end. The right hand 1 is very early 90's version which re-house in modern box. I use it mainly for the riff/ rhythm. But then i alway using both by single in the same time or in one song. So, i hv connect both with a A/B switcher box(in the bottom of my board) n just swap them by 1 kick.

I think the RAT's circut n the electronic parts are keep changing by time. I hv been playing 1 RAT2(2004 made) , their pots is totally not linear as normal. Also, they hv stop using chip LM-308, so the sound are more mush ...but it may just fit some people taste.

4. Eric K

Eric K Tele-Meister

Jul 21, 2003
    HK
    I don't know where you can get this from US. I even can't found any in my country Hong Kong. I just bought it last time that i hv a trip in Tokyo. There has a lot in different size. Very hard n stable.

Actually that was my first time been Japan. I hv been a long street which all is instrustment/ guitar shop there, some of them has few floors. It's really shock me!

5. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 16, 2005
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Hey Twang, if your talking about the 3 tier pedal board, that was a BIG mistake.
    The board and pedals weighed about 45 lbs. That's just crazy, and I still hadn't got around to a custom case for it. I ended up giving that 3 tier board away to a young kid I knew. He was reallly excited about it,but he hadn't experienced yet what it was going to take to get it out to gigs.LOL

6. Joel Terry

Joel Terry Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

Contained in an Electar PBX-1000 powered pedalboard, my pedals are as follows:

• BOSS CS-2 Compression Sustainer
    • BOSS SYB-3 Bass Synthesizer (good for the occasional odd sound to make people say, "What was that?!")
    • BOSS PH-3 Phase Shifter
    • BOSS OD-3 OverDrive (dedicated solo booster)
    • BOSS OD-3 OverDrive (dedicated for mild grit)
    • BOSS PS-5 SUPER Shifter (dedicated octave divider)
    • BOSS PS-5 SUPER Shifter (various functions: vibrato, harmony lines, whammy effects, doubling, etc.)
    • BOSS TU-2 Tuner
    • BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay (dedicated for reverse sounds)
    • BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay (dedicated for loops; soon to be replaced by this.)
    • BOSS DD-3 Digital Delay (dedicated for delay)
    • BOSS BF-3 Flanger (for occasional chorus-type flanging)
    • BOSS PN-2 Tremolo/Pan
    • BOSS CE-3 Chorus (in stereo [Mode I] for dimension--not chorusing)

Barely seen (the little brown corner immediately to the left of the pedalboard): Korg G4 Rotary Speaker Simulator.

Unseen: Alesis Microverb.

Believe it or not, I use these effects quite judiciously; I simply like a lot of options at my disposal. ;)

Joel

7. slideman

slideman TDPRI Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Here's mine... for now.

Prescription Germ
    EMMA Compressor
    Keeley BD-2
    Reverened Drivetrain
    MXR Phasor
    Boss CS-5
    DoD FX90

Attached Files:

8. televinklad

televinklad TDPRI Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Sweden
    And another one

My current pedalboard setup.

[​IMG]

In running order:
    Crybaby (true bypass, vocal mod)
    Ernie Ball VP JR (treble-bleed mod)
    MXR Dynacomp (Monte Allums kit, true bypass)
    TS9 RI (Monte Allums kit, '84 JRC4558D chip, true bypass)
    TS9DX (Monte Allums kit, '84 JRC4558D chip, true bypass)
    ProCo Vintage Rat RI
    MT-2 (Monte Allums kit)
    Ibanez FL9
    Boss CE-2
    Boss DM-2
    BYOC digital delay

Thumbs up to Monte Allums for great products and support!

9. genelovesjez

genelovesjez Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    [​IMG]

Guitar to amp:

Roger Mayer Octavia
    Teese Picture Wah
    MAxon OD-9 Overdrive
    Maxon SD-9 Sonic Distortion
    Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe
    MXR Flanger
    Maxon AD999 Analog Delay

on an SKB PS-25 Pedalboard and wired with George L cables.

10. jubjub

jubjub Tele-Meister

Jul 19, 2004
    UK
    [​IMG]

On my board at the moment is

Modded Cry Baby
    76 Script Dynacomp
    Plosive Electronics May Treble booster
    Keeley Moddoed Blues Driver
    Lovepedal Eternity
    Menatone Kar Krash
    Keeley Mod CE-2
    74 BUD box srcipt phase 90
    76 Electric Mistress
    Original Ibanezz AD-9 delay
    HiWatt custom Tape echo
    TheGigRig Pro-14

11. Big John

Big John RIP

Feb 1, 2006
    Austin Tx.
    Wow !

Some pretty serious hardware here !
    I kinda wonder though, are these the same people who complain about not getting a "proper" Tele tone or stuff ?

Jusy wondering, IMHO

12. Joel Terry

Never! I hear that lament quite often from a lot of guitarists; naturally, they assume I suffer the same problem due to size of my pedal board. But I'm able to get all of the twang I can handle and then some. My hearing is virtually perfect (just had it checked) at all possible frequencies, save for the absolute highest, 20 kHz--so, it's not as if I'm unable to distinguish between various gear configurations.

No, I'm not able to hear a difference among battery brands like Eric Johnson (if Eric really possesses this ability, it's truly incredible; if not, I wouldn't be surprised--it's always struck me as an urban legend...but who knows?), but I can tell you that the whole "tone-sucking" complaint heard far and wide regarding increased signal degradation for every non-bypass pedal added is, in my opinion, a bit hyperbolic. I'm certainly not dismissing it, mind you; I just think a lot of players blow the slightest decrease in signal clarity out of proportion, and needlessly obsess about it. Just my opinion, mind you; I'm sure many folks would readily disagree with me.

Simply put, I'm thrilled with my pedal board, as plentiful as it is; what's more, I'm thrilled with my tone. If I may be so bold to say, I think I get a pretty damn good sound from my set-up. ;)

Joel

13. maestrovert

maestrovert Poster Extraordinaire

the "tone sucking" complaint used to be quite common....

Back(25-30 years ago) in the day (as they're fond of saying nowadays), i had two linked multi-tier pedalboards with every effect known to man at the time......it was seriously impressive to see, Bro' !!!
    Yeah Texsunburst59, you'da been proud..... ;)
    Ah, but what a noisy, tone-sucking (especially the Tychobrahe pedalflanger!) huge heavy hissing hassle it was too, what with the mismatched input/output impedences that were common then, very few (if any!) fx with true bypass, no buffering, wallwarts all but unheard of, let alone filtered and regulated power supplies etc etc....
    for some of the younger cats here, this sad state of fx affairs i've described was the norm then, state of the art !

ah, the "good ol' days" !!

i eventually got disgusted with it and chucked it all and reverted to plugging straight in.....but in the past few years, i'm back to using a very few fx, and judiciously at that......thankfully most everything nowadays is compatible, has true bypass and is buffered, with proper input/output impedances, and with filtered, regulated power ! Guitar fx have NEVER been better than those available today.....

Some of the boards y'all have are truly impressive, especially compared to my lil' piece of pine plank....

THANX for posting your pix !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006

14. Big John

Big John RIP

Feb 1, 2006
    Austin Tx.
    Joel, i wasn't pouring scorn over yours or anyone elses boards, there is some serious looking stuff here, i just thunked and typed it all at the same time, (should think first maybe ?)

You often read here about people trying to get this or that 'Tele' tone and then you read their set up and i often wonder if a badly planned and laid out board is the heart of the problem.
    Maestrovert is right though, only a few years ago alot of stomp boxes just sounded like bacon frying, the quality of todays stuff is very impressive, i just dont have dainty enough feet to go tap dancing round a pedalboard.

Just a-thinkin'

:lol:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006

15. Tele84-86

Tele84-86 Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    Finland
    I´ve found that usually the Multi-effects "suck" the basic sound of the guitar and amp more than the effects pedals. I´ve had that experience with some Digitech multi-effects like RP6 although they still sound reasonably good. With several effects pedals I´ve used throughout the years and I haven´t met any bad "tone sucking" problems. I prefer single effects pedals because of their low "tone sucking" characteristics to the original sound. I admit that there´s little humming when several pedals in use but I don´t think that´s very much of a problem. Even though there might be some humming, I think it still doesn´t affect negatively to the basic sound.

16. Tele84-86

Tele84-86 Tele-Meister

Aug 13, 2006
    Finland
    It has been shown many very impressively complied pedalboards in this topic!:lol: As soon as I am finished with my pedalboard and have a picture of it I´ll be glad to have it shown in here.:lol:

17. Joel Terry

John--I didn't take it as scorn in the least! I'm quite sorry I gave you that impression. In fact, you're spot-on about folks who complain about not being able to get a Tele tone, when they're (unconsciously, I'm sure) doing everything--including using a myriad of different effects--not to get a Tele tone.

No harm, no foul, mate. :D

Joel

18. Tweeker

Tweeker TDPRI Member

May 9, 2003
    Glens Falls NY
    There is never enough real estate.

Attached Files:

19. Heather Anne Peel

Heather Anne Peel Friend of Leo's

Aug 29, 2005
    Nowhere
    [​IMG]

DOD Classic Tube/Line 6 Roto Machine/DigiTech RP50/CryBaby Wah/DigiTech RP200A

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.