Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your Oil Finished Guitars

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Stuco, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Kalebima

Kalebima Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2011
    Montreal, QC
    That's some beautiful wood grain you have there, Jupiter!

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Thanks. :) Pine body from TDPRI bro Marc Rutters.

3. Tom Pettingill

Tom Pettingill Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2010
    California
    Here is some Tru Oil on walnut and maple.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Blue Bear

Blue Bear Tele-Meister

Here is mine with about 15 or 20 coats of Tru-Oil with ebony pore filler. IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg
    Didn't like the cream pick-up covers. Now changed to black. Looks much nicer to me.

5. BrewCityMusic

BrewCityMusic TDPRI Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Lake Geneva WI
    quick question - I was lurking this thread as I plan on doing a "tung oil" (actually wipe-on varnish) finish on my new Spalted Maple and Ash Tele body ... but I bought a piece of maple to play with and realized that I want to stain the wood a bit first to deepen it.

I found the stain I like, but am worried about the endgrain soaking it up too much, the oil finish says it can be used in a thin coat (wiped off immediately) as a sealer and to make raw wood take the stain evenly, is this a good plan or should I get an actual sealer / prep before i go ahead and stain? (the product is ZAR tung oil wipe-on finish)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.