Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your most PRIZED guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by t2t80, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironhide

Ironhide Tele-Meister

Nov 15, 2008
    Dublin
    My most prized electric is my 83, although my Martin 0-17 from 1932 is probably the one I'd grab when aliens attack

Attached Files:

2. walpow

walpow Tele-Meister

Mar 16, 2005
    Los Angeles CA
    1954 Gibson ES-125. My parents got it for me in the late '50s. My only guitar until the early '70s, one of two until around 2003.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009

3. danajohnhill

danajohnhill Tele-Meister

Jan 28, 2008
    Gainesville, Florida
    That's crazy! You'd have a much better chance fighting them off with a Tele.

4. sgman

sgman TDPRI Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Limington, Maine
    I'm lovin' my '97 LP Studio Double Cut lately

[​IMG]

5. jeremypodom

jeremypodom Tele-Afflicted

Nov 5, 2010
    Pflugerville
    My Aerodyne Strat. He still turns heads no matter where I go. I found this piece of art in a pawn shop in brand new condition, plus a little dirt and grime, in spite being a few years old. It still had the plastic film on the pick guard for crying out loud :lol: His name is David =]

Attached Files:

6. lucalm

lucalm Tele-Meister

Sep 29, 2009
    Brownsville, Tx
    My 03 pre-lawsuit PRS Tremonti SE... Now with Seymour Duncans (SH1N & SH6B)

Attached Files:

7. dmaneleven

dmaneleven Tele-Meister

Sep 11, 2007
    tampa

8. southwoodgtars

southwoodgtars Tele-Holic

Jul 27, 2011
    north carolina
    This is my first tele. My parents gave it to me for Christmas in '04 I believe. Not my nicest guitar but the one I love the most. It also has the very first tele pickup I built in it. Which makes it even more special to me. Of all the gear I have I will never sell this one.

Attached Files:

9. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    how many of us still have "our most prized guitars" we posted in this zombie thread a few years ago?

the '67 i posted on page one is long gone:lol:

it was prized from an historical POV, but it really didn't play that great (bigsby:rolleyes:), and i knew the market was only gonna get worse. i sold it for about a $800 hit and never looked back. i funded an ENTIRE home studio with the proceeds from that relic.

10. southwoodgtars

Jul 27, 2011
    north carolina
    I didn't even notice this was a zombie thread... 2008... Seems like a good one to bring back! Considering I just posted to this thread I still own mine. :)

11. BernardoK

BernardoK TDPRI Member

Mar 19, 2011
    West Linn
    Here's my contribution. This is my first paint/finish/assemble project, and I'm really happy with my Cab clone. Had a ball building it, it's right up at the top of my list, along with my Martin D-35.

[​IMG]

12. Phelonious Ponk

Phelonious Ponk Tele-Afflicted

Oct 27, 2011
    charlotte, nc
    [​IMG]

I love my G&L, but this one was a long time comin' and not easily replaced.

P

13. chipbutty24

chipbutty24 Friend of Leo's

Oct 16, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    Gonna hafta say my Sherwood Green 62RI but I am really in love right now with my 72 Deluxe inspired partscaster.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Dustin_John

Dustin_John TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2011
    United States
    [​IMG]

I assembled it from Warmoth, my band With The Punches came home from tour and my ****ty knock off Les Paul was falling apart, the stop bar had pulled up and was coming out of the guitar, but after having been on tour for 3.5 months non-stop, I was flat broke. I had this idea, if I could get $1500 I could put together the exact guitar I wanted, a one pickup, all maple Les Paul, but where was I gonna come up with that money? So I thought about it for a while and figured "I'll bet there are 100 kids who would want to have their name engraved on my guitar, if they gave me $15 dollars a piece, I could do it no problem". So I opened a Tumblr account and started promoting the project, I put in the money to have my parents and a few other peoples names on there and in a couple months, I had the money I needed and ordered the parts. I've played this guitar all over the US and this summer we did our first tour in Japan. It's awesome meeting people for the first time who's name is on my guitar, and it's always a cool conversation piece. It's also the first thing I ever built for myself that worked, I love this guitar a whole lot.

15. mbarnes20455

mbarnes20455 TDPRI Member

May 7, 2009
    riverside, ca
    My 69 tele I've had it for a long. Lots of other gear has come and gone. This is most prized. Most played is my 62 avri Strat. It's a good one.

Attached Files:

16. southwoodgtars

Jul 27, 2011
    north carolina
    I recently read an article in a guitar mag ( i forget which one) about you and your guitar. I thought it was a cool way to get the funds for a guitar! Great looking guitar! I am sure the people with their names on it are proud to be a part of such an original idea.

17. Dustin_John

Dustin_John TDPRI Member

Nov 10, 2011
    United States
    Thanks man, yeah, Premier Guitar, I was so stoked when I found out they were doing that

18. pblossom

pblossom Tele-Meister

Sep 12, 2005
    Guilford, CT
    Not my favorite, but this guitar's been through a lot with me so I guess it's my most prized. '79 serial #. Bought it new in 1981 when I lived in Seattle. Played it 7 nights a week in the bars out there all through the '80s.
    [​IMG]

As much as I love my Teles, this has been seeing a lot of use lately ('55 Custom Shop RI):

[​IMG]

For acoustic, it's this, my 2008 Advanced Jumbo. It's paid for itself many times over.

[​IMG]

19. t-ray

t-ray Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 18, 2010
    Gotham City
    It would have to be the 2008 La Cabronita Especial. Pictured here right next to its evil fraternal twin.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.