Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your most PRIZED guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by t2t80, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t2t80

t2t80 TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Hey guys, i thougt this would be a cool idea for a thread. Show us your most prized guitar. And tell us why, could me that it was your first, it was a gift, its the best looking, the best playing, the most unique, whatever... Im sure as everybody on this forum knows, we all cherish our guitars (maybe a little too much at times;)), so show us!!!

Here's my baby:
    Its a 62 american RI in olympic white. Its been my number one for a LONG time. This is by far my favorite probably b/c it was the first new guitar I ever bought on my own with my own money. When i was 16 it took me all summer working at a fish packing factory to save up for it, and when i finally got it it was magical, it felt like it was custom made for my hands and my body. Its without a doubt the best playing guitar i have ever owned and i can never see myself selling it. Shes had quite a few mods over the years but i returned it back to its original condition with the exception of a mid booster in the input jack.

Attached Files:

2. BritishBluesBoy

BritishBluesBoy Former Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Impossible to pick one. I love all my guitars for different reasons.

3. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Friend of Leo's

Aug 7, 2003
    Long Island, N.Y.
    On the right, followed closely by the one on the left.
    It can do practically everything, brings out the most in me.
    You LEARN things on Esquires. Very rewarding Guitars to play.
    These were both made my best friend in the World.
    And she's HOT, too...;-)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008

4. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Bakersfield Ca.
    [​IMG]

My 2006 58 Historic Custom Shop Les Paul.

It plays easier than any guitar Ive owned sounds the best and stays in tune the best. In fact once its tuned and the strings are streached it stays in perfect tune till the next string change.

5. DMace

DMace Friend of Leo's

Jul 30, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    1997 '52RI with Fred Stuart Lapwrap pickup set. I have other more expensive guitars that I love, but this the 'one' I'd save in a fire, if I could only save one: too many recordings and gigs to remember. Plenty of great dings, scratches, pickguard wear, light as can be, and resonates like a shallow-bodied acoustic.

Attached Files:

6. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    [​IMG]

old whitey. sold all the gear i had at the time (also some watches, jeans, etc.) to get it. it was right before i got married, and my wife wanted me to go for it. she helped out a bit too. it's already been with me through some difficult s*** in the 4 years i've had it. she's a 67.

if this were most loved piece of gear it would be my 67 BF twin reverb i've had since i was 21 though. i've been through EVERYTHING with that amp nearby, if not on stage or in my trunk.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008

7. MikeDeB

MikeDeB TDPRI Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Holt, MI
    Here's mine

Like BBB said, I love all my guitars for various reasons. But one of them is my most prized. My 52RI. It's my most recent acquisition as well.

Here's why. It's a reproduction of a guitar that is part of a series of guitars, the Blackguards, which are a significant part of Fender's history. To hold it kind of takes you back a bit in time. She exudes mojo and quality. It's a little hard to express I suppose. The bonus is that she plays like a dream (if she hadn't, I wouldn't have bought her).

[​IMG]

8. tele_jas

tele_jas Tele-Afflicted

Feb 20, 2006
    Springfield/Mt.Vernon, MO
    Here's my baby, extra fret and all:

[​IMG]

9. JRicoC

JRicoC Tele-Meister

Apr 18, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    That has a beautiful finish that looks better than all of my furniture and floors...

10. mistermullens

mistermullens Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 3, 2007
    Atlanta Area
    Too easy! Well, this is my only electric right now, but it is my most prized guitar. Its a 2006 Fender Classic 50s Esquire. Its light as a feather, and as soon I pulled it off the wall at Sam Ash, I just knew I'd be buying it. I found it on my day off, also called "guitar day", and it played better than any Gibson and Fender Custom Shop I played that day. Got it for $529 w/gig bag. The stock pup was good, but not nearly as good as the Nocaster I installed. This is the guitar that all others get compared too. It is an amazing player. Love it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. degsycaster

degsycaster Tele-Holic

May 11, 2006
    Suffolk, England
    I cant decide. Its either my '05 SG Standard that I've been gigging with for the last 3 years (until 6 months ago)

[​IMG]

Or the Baja that's keeping the Gibbo in its case!

[​IMG]

Both play like butter, both sound fantastic, both stay in tune. The Baja probably gets the nod as for the last 6 months since I got it I'm not worried if my guitar falls off the stand!

12. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    OK, OK...

This one:

[​IMG]
    Home built partscaster - all Rosewood chambered body, and all rosewood neck, Fralin Stock Tele pickups, Glendale bridge and saddles (bridge changed since this pic)...

13. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Or... Maybe this one...

[​IMG]
    1960 VOS Les Paul

14. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I am fickle, but since I built the piney pair over the summer, I gravitate to them to play a lot, But I will grab any of the gits I have depending on my mood and each guitars attributes.

But these sound great and @ 5.9 and 6.4 lb, these have an additional edge none of my porky 7-8.5 lbers can. I won't even mention 2 Ton Tele, my first DIY Walnut/Ash anchor which I learned weight was something to consider for a build, 12lbs. :D

And my wife bought me that white guard for x-mas, so that attaches some things for me to the 5.8lb sweetie white guard.

[​IMG]

15. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    No, no, sorry... Wait...

Maybe this one:

[​IMG]

1972 ES 335

16. okie

okie TDPRI Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    These two are my most prized, with both they can cover all the sounds I need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    OK, ummm... I think I've got it now...

[​IMG]
    1982 Smith Strat that I have had since I was 16...

18. BritishBluesBoy

Oct 19, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I can't leave these ones out though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See what I mean...? (There are others too... But these are my faves)

19. Togman

Togman Tele-Holic

Apr 28, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    This is easy as I have only owned one 6 string Electric for that last 34 years. My 68 Tele. She's all stock and well looked after.

[​IMG]

20. Phat-o-Caster

Phat-o-Caster Tele-Meister

Dec 8, 2008
    Colorado
    Like everyone I love 'em all-one of my most cherished ones is my '65 Teisco Del Rey ET-440 it's got a lot goin for it- rarity,lightness,tone from hell to breakfast, I love the 4/2 shark fin headstock and the neck markers work well for me- with original hang tags-it all adds up to a very playable unique piece.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.