Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us your home made pedal board...

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by jguitarman, May 7, 2012.

1. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2003
    No CA
    I need to assemble a pedal board and I'd like it to fit in a road case that I already have. Seems to me that the logical thing to would be to build one to fit. I'd like to see your board and anything you did to make it suit your particular needs.
    Thanks for sharing.

2. telefunken

telefunken Friend of Leo's

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    [​IMG]
    It's an old Anvil briefcase.

3. guitarguytim

guitarguytim Tele-Meister

Jun 2, 2009
    Utah
    I built this about a year ago out of a thrift store brief case, a 1x3, and HomeDepot paint stirring sticks. I think I have about a total of $10 invested in it, and it works great!

Opened up:
    [​IMG]

With the top on:
    [​IMG]

4. jnepo1

jnepo1 Tele-Meister

May 31, 2010
    Sutton, Ma
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    My Main board.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    My Small board.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    This board I just finished for someone on a forum.

I build the board, risers, patch cables, and power cables. The boards are .5" birch plywood w/ aluminum edging riveted and w/ a PVC laminate on the top surface.

5. wbrown97

wbrown97 TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Wisconsin
    1x4 and some industrial strength velcro. Works great, but a bit heavy.

Attached Files:

6. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Likey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

7. Burnt Gerbil

Burnt Gerbil Tele-Meister

Jun 26, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Give me a day or 2 to finish and I'll post back with one that will be severely outclassed by everything already posted here.

8. k tone

k tone Tele-Afflicted

Feb 29, 2008
    Canada
    [​IMG]

I have a bigger home made board but lately I have been on a Boss kick and playing through this.

It is my all "2" version Boss board. TU-2 --> PH-2 --> MIJ HM-2 --> MIJ DSD-2

9. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

May 2, 2010
    IL
    I had no choice but homemade. The board I needed didn't exist. I had very special specs I had to have for function and that was to have two angled tiers, and the board be long from side to side and very short from front to back. It takes up more stage space, but I mainly play outdoor venues and places where real estate isn't an issue. I needed angled tiers and only two rows because I cannot be stepping over rows of pedals. I have a bad back and horrible balance issues and I just can't do it. Sometimes I'm sitting and playing and sometimes when I can, I stand. I need a pedalboard that works great for both, and this fits the bill.

My father is a woodworker and I drew up the board and printed it, and he built it. I stained it and finished it with velcro and of course assembly. But he definitely took my idea and made it into something I can't live without. This board gets used in my home studio, live, and gets moved around a lot. Yes it's wood so it will age quicker than metal but that's ok. It's already been on tons of gigs already and has chips and dings and such.

This setup works perfect for me. It gives me the ability to memorize it and be able to easily turn on and off effects without worrying about falling or hitting the wrong one. I tried using a "normal" pedalboard but I found I was really struggling to quickly move and turn stuff on/off. Hence the reason I designed this board. I also had two other boards made, a board half the length of this one as a fly board, and a small 6-8 pedal pedalboard that I can use for blues jams and open mics and what not or when I sit in with local bands.

[​IMG]

10. SolidbdyJazzfan

SolidbdyJazzfan Tele-Holic

May 10, 2010
    Ohio
    Hope you don't mind a bit of humor! Being an older guy, my close vision (foot distance) isn't as sharp as it once was . . . :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually, it's an amp, with the Boss FRV-1 providing reverb, the EQ pedal giving me bass-mid-treble control, and the 44 Magnum providing power. I threw it together after having a "what if I did THIS" moment.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
    fatcat likes this.

11. JoeNeri

JoeNeri Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Clarkdale, AZ
    7" x 16" piece of redwood scrap from Home Depot, covered with velcro and edges finished with black duct tape, rubber feet on bottom.

Pedal Board.jpg

I keep my wah pedal off the board so I can angle it better for comfortable playing. Everything, including the wah, fits easily into an old Fender briefcase.

Iago likes this.

12. telefunken

Dec 27, 2004
    North Hollywood
    Awesome:D

13. schenkadere

schenkadere Friend of Leo's

May 13, 2009
    NY
    [​IMG]

A piece of wood, black spray paint, industrial strength velcro and rubber feet...fits neatly into a nice plastic case I have.

Iago likes this.

14. Gold Rush

Gold Rush Tele-Meister

Sep 13, 2010
    East Coast U.S.
    An old mechanic's creeper. It works fine for the pedals, but when I change the oil in the car, the pedal switches poke me in the back...:lol:

[​IMG]

15. SolidbdyJazzfan

SolidbdyJazzfan Tele-Holic

May 10, 2010
    Ohio
    Thanks, man!:D

16. Ed P

Ed P Friend of Leo's

Nov 9, 2006
    California
    How do you like your 44 Magum?

17. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    poor mans pedaltrain

I built this out of some square aluminum stock and some hardwood 3/8" thick wood strips, heavy duty velcro , a couple of handles, it fits into the case I bought on Ebay.

I don't have pics of it with pedals on it at the moment, but I can fit a LOT of pedals , and with some risers for the second row it is easy to access them all too.

Attached Files:

18. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Tele-Holic

Dec 28, 2010
    Gotham City
    yes,I'm digging up a 7 month old thread. while looking for ideas for a pedal-board,I came across this thread and decided to steal Gold Rush's idea of using an old "Creeper". found one on my local CL for $10.
    pulled the wheels off and put some rubber stoppers on the "feet" that the wheels were in. re-spaced the boards,painted them and put it back together. need to let the paint cure for a couple of days before I put the Velcro down,which is going to be the biggest expense for the whole project. used the power supply and input/output from my Boss-BCB 60 board (top left and right). need to get a couple of plastic project boxes from Radio Shack to encase them in and attach to the board. tuck the wires underneath so it looks nice and clean.
    just not sure of the order the pedals should be in though. right to left:
    Buddy Guy wah---BB535 wah---Boss Noise Suppressor---Boss Compressor Sustainer---Boss Blues Driver---Marshall Guv'Nor---Boss DS1---EH Big Muff---Boss Tremelo

[​IMG]

19. Bongocaster

Bongocaster Friend of Leo's

What everyone is missing is the vertical board at the front of your board that hides your pedals from easy view. It's fun to watch the guitarers in the audience go crazy trying to get a peek.

20. sjturbo

sjturbo Tele-Meister

Dec 3, 2008
    Tucson, Az
    Mine

These are some old shots of my home brew pedal board. I do not have the same pedals, but you get the idea. Thanks for asking!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.