Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show us what you build besides guitars

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by chillman, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Tele-Holic

May 3, 2016
    Paris suburbs, France
    Perhaps...but 'hers' would be the correct adjective! :)
    When I was a little girl, it bugged me if there were no stairs in dollhouses.

2. Tervo

Tervo TDPRI Member

Apr 11, 2015
    Finland
    I know the feeling! My dad built a dollhouse for my sister, and I shame to admit, that I bought one from the local market for my daugther.
    My dad passed away in 2000, he was a carpenter, and never saw those buildings (nor the guitars) I have made.

Mansonienne likes this.

3. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Tele-Holic

May 3, 2016
    Paris suburbs, France
    Very nice!

roffe likes this.

4. eolon

eolon NEW MEMBER!

Mar 3, 2011
    NW Ohio
    I am retired and spend my time building accurate reproductions of Fender amps. I try to make the amp look and sound like the originals.

Attached Files:

5. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    Flintlock longrifles, the tool that won the Revolutionary War for the colonies.
    (no offense intended, Brainy.....)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2016

6. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Mar 2, 2012
    Northampton, UK
    You build fully grown human men? As well as rifles?

7. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    Yes, and i'm afraid I've overbuilt that one a bit. Or so says that thing i step on that spits backs obviously-too-large numbers at me.

8. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    I'm English too, but I can appreciate craftsmanship wherever it comes from :0)
    Nice work, Meteorman!

Meteorman likes this.

9. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Macclesfield, UK
    Having few manual skills, I have to build virtually - this is a 3D rendering I 'built' for a warehouse safety company.
    Afterward I decided it was a bit boring, so I installed a turbine in the sub-floor...

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 12.34.18.png

Logikal likes this.

10. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    Those things Lie.
    I think it's a conspiracy:mad:

11. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Beautiful work, Mike! I think I've mentioned this before, but I grew up shooting muzzle loaders in competition. I bought my first custom gun from a man in Rush Springs, OK named Carol Fincher. He built it specifically for me when I was 13. My family would go to rendezvous and camp in the lean-to, wear buckskins, etc. My dad got be friends with the guy who bought Mowry gunworks from Bill Mowry, and we traveled to a few events with him.

Anyway, I got the chance to see loads of beautiful guns during that time, and yours look like they'd be right at home with the best of them.

Meteorman likes this.

12. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

Possessed?
    I made this cross from an olive wood root and brass. 11218773_1692577387690253_6652057792013025371_n.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2016

13. Tomasi

Tomasi Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2016
    Finland
    Building guitars for me is a great departure of my work of doing constantly something that does not actually exist, especially as we have lately delved from our long history of doing computer generated images and films even further to virtual and augmented reality. Hence our company name FAKE. http://www.fake.fi/work/
    Don't get me wrong. I love my job, but it's great to do something concrete you can hold in your hand once in a while... o_O

tintag27 and jpbturbo like this.

14. Meteorman

Meteorman Tele-Holic

Dec 23, 2012
    State College PA
    Thanks Roger.
    I havent forgotten that you are on the design committee for a pending LongRifleCaster. In fact you are the entire committee, I believe. Elements include rust-blued steel hardware, maybe some poured pewter ornamentation, and form factors that portray smooth lines and slim figure. And what guitar wouldnt benefit from a patchbox? We're sure to create something that will get us shunned by the entire telecaster community. ....

15. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan

That says it all

16. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire Vendor Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Oklamerica
    Oh yeah! You've got to have somewhere to stash all the extra picks! :D

17. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Pardon!

Mansonienne likes this.

18. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Is it small enough to to hang in the doll house? Seeing those little Barbies congregating in front of the bathroom mirror all night would give me the creeps!

Mansonienne and LeftFinger like this.

19. nickhofen

nickhofen Friend of Leo's

No it is not that small!
    Do I have to make another one?:D

20. moose13

moose13 Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2015
    USA

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.