Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show me your homemade pedal boards

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Bruxist, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Bruxist

Bruxist Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2010
    Kentucky, USA
    Hope this is the right place to put this.

I was thinking of making one and wanted to see what you all had.

Thanks!

2. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    I have used Laptop cases from thrift shops for smaller boards and use just 3/4" plywood painted flat black with a switch block and a one spot for the larger boards. I do have an older SKB board from the 90's for one of my larger boards also. Platefire
    IMG_20171110_214213.jpg
    IMG_20151113_164109.jpg

3. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    IMG_4362.JPG

Here is my old one. Made from Ikea shelving. Very sturdy and easy to make. Made it too big though. Was cheap but had its downsides too.

4. David Meiland

David Meiland TDPRI Member

I copied what a lot of guys here showed. The two main pieces are 3/4 x 5 x 26" and there's a 1-1/2" gap between them. There are three wedge-shaped pieces of 2x that taper from 3/4" to 2". Screws, glue, black primer, velcro. Room for a few more items on there. Sawdust all over everything at no extra charge because I walk through my cabinet shop to get to my office, where this is. PB 001.jpg PB 002.jpg

5. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

No pictures but get a 1/2in plywood scrap, screw a block to the bottom far edge, drill 2 or 4 holes as wide as your pedals where you want to put them, use zip ties to strap them down. Rubber foot pads on all corners.

I like that idea of the laptop cases.

Bruxist likes this.
  6. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    I like that. I'm planning something similar from 1x2 and 1x3 as soon as I get around to it. I'll post here if the thread is still active.

Bruxist likes this.
  7. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2017
    Western Pa.
    Some pedals and power supply My Pedalboard 2015.jpg have changed but a nice cheap homemade pedal board that works fine for me at home. It just keeps everything in one place.

RetroTeleRod and Bruxist like this.
  8. spellcaster

spellcaster Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2009
    Duncan, B.C.
    My homemade pedal board, using an old typewriter case.

[​IMG]

9. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Old main board...(made from birch plywood with added aluminum trim)
    10 pedal board.jpg

Smaller board...(also plywood) Aqua Board.jpg
    Traveling board (made from plexiglass and plywood) It fits inside my guitar case.
    Case.jpg

10. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    I slapped this together last night. Too cold to get outside and build the one I want, that will have to wait until a later date.
    In the meanwhile, I needed something to hold me over. :)
    100_3719.JPG 100_3721.JPG

11. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    [​IMG]

Waiting on a wah and chinese rat clone.

The tc will get replaced by rat. The more I use the mojo the more I'm not enamored by it. Nice quality pedal, but kinda "meh". Can't put my finger on it.

Yes, there are 4 overdrives and a delay

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  12. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    Nice. Regarding the mojo, keep playing with it. It is very sensitive to the amp you're playing through, and the tone knob positions. It took me about three weeks to dial in, but it's a really nice pedal, IMO.
    That SD-1 on your board is what I want next. Have you tried stacking it and the mojo, and if so, what is your experience?

Bruxist likes this.
  13. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Yes I have stacked them. There is potential for alot of grind/sustain between them. I have found the mojo stacks well with most, the TS style works well in front. If you've never tried an SD-1, and like screamer's, it's a good option. To my ears it's very similar but yet different. Not so nasal, but along the same lines. Probably more gain/volume.

gitlvr likes this.
  14. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    My first attempt. Something that was super easy to throw together. Have since changed some pedals and cut it in half.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

15. Televised

Televised Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2009
    Portland, OR
    I put this on the 500+ Pedal Board thread but I think this is more appropriate here.
    What you are looking at is a wooden tray covered with rubber car mats. The front floor board mats are on the bottom and back floor board mats are in the tray. I also have another breakfast in bed tray with fold up wooden legs that has a Furman MX-8 sound conditioner in it that I have the amp and the "One Spot" plugged into. The Mats cost me $10 and I can't remember where I picked up the trays from.

20171230_144053.jpg

El Tele Lobo and Staypuft1652 like this.
  16. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Congrats on that pedal you got made. Saw it in another thread. Nice!

El Tele Lobo and Televised like this.
  17. gitlvr

gitlvr Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2008
    Northern Va.
    Thanks.
    I want the SD-1 because it is a sort of iconic OD pedal. It is also Boss, which I really love, and definitely want more of on my board.
    I had a TS-9 30 years ago, but sold or traded it like a dummy. Wish I still had that one.

Staypuft1652 likes this.
  18. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    True. I am by far no expert, but given the choice of only 1 of that type, sd1 would be it, but, I have 3 of those type.

gitlvr likes this.
  19. hamilcaster

hamilcaster Tele-Meister

Jan 31, 2008
    seattle
    Here's mine. It's a second prototype. Works well for me since I tend to know what effects I want and don't often change them. I designed it in a way I can swap out circuits if they share a similar number of knobs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1955, dchwhite, J-Flanders and 27 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.