Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Show me the wear on your 50s Classic Lacquer Tele neck

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Dave_11, Mar 29, 2017.

1. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    This guitar has been played a TON by myself and other members of the band. One thing about the orange neck is that over time, it has also yellowed/lightened becoming a more natural color. The body and neck are a more natural match than when I bought it new. I wonder if the color formulas were chosen that way?

2. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    One last shot for now, a little nick on the back edge. You can see how much this guitar has yellowed. More so on the back than the front. I think that’s a little bit due to some dye bleeding from the case, but it could be environmental I suppose. IMG_1816.JPG

3. ecosse

ecosse Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2011
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Double post

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017 at 9:54 AM

4. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

Jan 12, 2009
    Clarks Summit, PA
    I don't really have sweaty hands so buying a guitar for its nitro finish would be ridiculous. My oldest nitro guitar, a 1980 Gibson L6-S shows no wear. The Gibson ES-347 from 1990 has nothing much for wear and I play it a lot. I also didn't drink the Kool-Aid on 'breathing wood' and nitro finishes, either. And I hate Kool-Aid.

The guitar that is a nitro finish and shows wear is the 2012 Les Paul Tribute, which was lightly reliced by Gibson. It looks exactly the same, despite the thinner unbuffed nitro finish. I bought this for the P90's, not the finish. The neck has shown more shiny appearance from playing it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.