Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Shout out to Behringer

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Staypuft1652, Sep 22, 2017.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I have the Behringer Super Fuzz, the Behringer Vintage Tube Monster ("VT999"), both mentioned above, and also the Behringer Reverb Machine which does everything you could ask of a verb pedal, including the "shimmer" thing.

All great stomps and all very inexpensive

RoyBGood, Fearnot and Staypuft1652 like this.

2. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Holic

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    The last two bands I was in both used Behringer mixing desks and they performed faultlessly for years - the desks that is. The bands were the standard disfunctional bunch!!.

Ira7 and Staypuft1652 like this.

3. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Tele-Holic

Jun 25, 2016
    Midwest, USA
    I have a Behringer audio interface and the BDI21 for bass. Both works more than I expect!

Staypuft1652 likes this.

4. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I have several.

Their Vintage Phaser (steel casing) and Vintage Delay match up with many more expensive products just fine. A few others I have aren't gems, but at 25 bucks average price (Tube Modeler, Tremelo and Digital Reverb), what can one expect?

Staypuft1652 likes this.

5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Tele-Holic

Apr 15, 2017
    Harvest, Alabama
    I have had experience with exactly two Behringer products;
    A Del Toro strat copy guitar, and my current 800w powered mixer.

Both are top-notch, well made, and get a double thumbs up from me!!

I will buy Behringer again, if the opportunity arises.

:);):cool:

Staypuft1652 likes this.

6. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    No thank you, I had bad problems with some of their products and others I know did as well.
    Recently heard that newer products were better, but I'll never find out.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

7. Nickfl

Nickfl Tele-Holic

May 24, 2016
    Florida
    I have a reverb machine pedal and it works great, no complaints there, except that its ugly and cheap looking, but it sounds good. I also have a V-amp that I've had for years and recently got back out to play with late at night when I couldn't fire up a real amp. It has a couple of decent sounds, but honestly most of the emulations suck, especially the tweeds. I just bought an audio interface from them, it was reviewed well and certainly priced right, it is in transit still though so I can't comment on that one yet.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

8. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Meister

I have a friend who owns an electronics repair shop.

Getting parts for repair for their products according to him is impossible. He says "If it breaks down just trash it".

Staypuft1652 likes this.

9. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Those do look nice. I have the mid thing covered with the to800 and sd-1, but I wish behringer still made it's bd2 and od3 clones, also big muff clone. 2 of those are covered by donner etc, but they dont get the best reviews. I think the mojomojo might kinda cover some of it though.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

10. LoveHz

LoveHz Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2014
    Kent, UK
    I've had two their mixers fail, so I steer well clear of those now. Their d/I boxes seem to work OK and they are cheap. I have a couple of their pedals to mess around with but I wouldn't put them on my gigging pedalboard.

Behringer bought TC? I didn't know that. Maybe that's why the 'Micmechanic' pedal we bought last week went straight back to the store because the battery compartment connectors we all over the place.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

11. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Yeah, music group bought tc. They immediately released the "smorgasbord of tone" series of pedals, which with the exception of I believe 2 of the pedals, were re-boxed behringers, with top located jacks, metal case, and "true bypass". I only have 1 tc pedal, and the bypass switch seems to be getting sticky, but otherwise its great.

12. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

Some of the best things Behringer brought to the world was affordable large diaphragm condenser microphones, small mixing desks and also analogue to digital interfaces -- this has not only really helped the podcast/YouTuber community but also the home recording market. I have always found that Behringer's stuff gets the job done and I like a lot of their pedals too. There have been a few I flipped in a hurry, more out of taste than anything, but the Vintage Phaser has been in my collection for 10 years and I always go back to it. Their 2000ma 9v wall wart is great buy too. The XM8500 dynamic microphone is one of the my favorite mics for recording guitars -- a really stunning piece of equipment for not not much money. The C-2 small diaphragm condenser set is nice for acoustic recording or as drum overheads - again not for much money.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    LiteAsh and Staypuft1652 like this.

13. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Thanks for the tip about the xm8500. I've been looking for a cheap dynamic to mic amps.

14. wildschwein

wildschwein Tele-Afflicted

Yeah can't go wrong at that price. I bought two because I dig them so much. They are similar to an SM58 -- they have a tad more gain maybe. Check out some reviews:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-xm8500-microphone

Commodore 64 and Staypuft1652 like this.

15. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Meister

Aug 18, 2015
    Seligenstadt, Germany
    It's pretty much the same as with most companies: some products are exactly what I've been looking for, some are just not my type of thing, some are....meh....

The Behringer mixing desks are simply the only way for a band starting out short of money to have a decent PA equipment. I.e. equipment that lasts longer than just a half a year.

Also had other little helpers from Behringer (hum destroyer; line mixer), they all did their job.

Considering the pedals: I had the Vintage Tube, it was okay with some of my amps, but not with my favourite amp. The eq-setting was strange, very high mids and treble which made the sound rather piercing....it's basic sound was nice, but practically no possible variations.
    I also have the 7-band graphic EQ, works nicely, but gets a bit....noisy. I used it for my Ukulele into mixing desk. Since I changed my pick-up system, I don't use it any longer. But it has done its job properly.

So, after all: they don't provide astounding, outstanding or surprising pedals with that certain knack of originality like you get from TC, T-Rex, Earthquaker Devices, Keeley or other brands.
    But what they do what they were designed for on a bargain.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

16. Commodore 64

Commodore 64 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Kent, OH
    We use 4 of the XM8500 in our band. I think they are great, and you don't stress about them getting dropped or stolen.

wildschwein and Staypuft1652 like this.

17. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Hendersonville, TN
    I use their Slow Motion, Ultra Tremolo/Panner (for 2 amps) and AD400 analog delay. For quite awhile used the AD400
    right beside a Carbon Copy and can switch the settings between the two with no loss of sound quality.
    The hi impact plastic isn't an issue here. It is thicker than the bumpers on most modern vehicles.
    The biggest failure with any cost of pedal overall is the footswitch failing or breaking.

Staypuft1652 likes this.

18. Staypuft1652

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA

I appreciate the input. My biggest concern would also be the switch, especially on the behringer. Does seem like a poor design but if/when it breaks it seems a simple enough fix with a momentary. The non-nutted jacks/pots I think depends on the end user and use.

Geo likes this.

19. teleman55

teleman55 Tele-Holic

Jul 9, 2007
    fox lake, il
    I like some of their stuff and have some of it. Our band has one of their mixers. And I know some other people who use some of their PA stuff too. XM8500 mic is nice. I've got a Bugera V5. That's nice too. Wasn't thrilled with the auto wah pedal. Plastic doesn't bother me. If these things break it won't be because the housing is plastic. Got a TS800. It's a decent tubescreamer pedal. Got the harmonist pedal too. It does its thing well. The ones I really like and have are 3 delays. The Echo machine is a great Echo Park clone. I wish it had notches or stops of the function pot though. VD400 is a great little basic 300ms real analog delay. Then I've got a vintage time machine. I love the DMM but as I play for an r&b singer I don't need it for band. So it's hard to justify the $$ for something I'm just using at home or something. Got a used hazerati but it had too many functions. Heard they were going to stop making the VM1 so got one before they were gone. Only $49.95 new. This thing is cool. If it's not a clone of the DMM than it's the DMM's brother or something. It's already written two songs for me. Got no Behringer on my band pedalboard but the VD400 has spent some time there. And the TS800 a few times. Danos are nice. I've got a DanEcho, which was my main delay for about six years. Got a French Toast (wish it had an LED) and a Tuna Melt too. My board's mostly Boss. Along with a big muff, a phase 90, Dano tuna melt and a Digitech DL8 delay. And a wah. I've used some high end and low end stuff. All good but keep ending up with Boss for most of it. Joyo makes nice cheap pedals too. Same range as Dano and Behringer.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    Staypuft1652 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.