Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Should I get a classic vibes or a FSR deluxe or a 52' reissue

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by insertnamehere, Aug 15, 2017.

1. insertnamehere

insertnamehere TDPRI Member

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    Hello I'm wondering what would be better for getting that Bruce Springsteen tone

2. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Holic

You'll get there with any of those 3 guitars.

Your amp figures big in that equation. If you buy the CV or the FSR you'll have plenty cash left for a nice amp.

You're talking a huge price difference in those 3 guitars. Set your budget and buy the best guitar at that price point, play them first if you can and find one you like.

Chicago Matt and insertnamehere like this.

3. oldfish

oldfish Tele-Meister

Aug 23, 2015
    uk
    its got to be a 52 reissue for the springsteen look and tone fantastic guitars and welcome to the forum.

insertnamehere likes this.

4. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    ok any recommendations for amps or anything

5. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    Also thanks for welcoming me here

6. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    Just any old telecaster and a fender tube amp and you are pretty much there. I've seen lots of pics with the Boss and a twin reverb but really any tube amp from fender

7. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada

8. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Get any regular pickup type Telecaster (even an Affinity) and get one of these pedals and tweak until you get the amp/tone you want. I've put Tele pickups in a blocked-trem Strat and they do the Tele tones. Many ways to the well...

Grux likes this.

9. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada

10. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    if you have a local craigslist check it for telecasters and amps. If you are actually 117 years old you'll want to get started asap :)

11. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    ok I'll check craigslist even tho im not sure if i have a local craigslist

12. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    have any of you heard of long & mcquade

13. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Holic

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    I've lived my whole life in the US, and even I've heard of Long & McQuade. They were where Pete Traynor of Traynor amps got his start in the '60s- they've been around for a while.

Route67 likes this.

14. insertnamehere

Aug 15, 2017
    Canada
    they're a pretty good shop

15. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Bruce uses blade-type pickups in his live rig. I think he used Bardens a while ago not sure now. Last couple of tours he didn't use the famous Esquire.

His guitars are Custom Shop, and the pickup cavity is sealed, he sweats so much - he's been seen tipping sweat out of them. Apparently when Fender send him a new guitar he pours a bottle of water on it and if it won't play sends it back. His strings go black and are changed every gig.

To get his live sound you'd need rail-type hummers and he uses some sort of clean boost.

16. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    I know he's a sweater, ( any preformance will tell you that) but I've never heard that before.

17. Dacious

Dacious Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    One of the dudes who was associated with his guitar tech used to post on this site. He had lots of info, Brooce being a Tele demi-god. Bruce also specs diamond hard frets on a flattish board because his grip is a like a vice and one of the earliest Plek users.

18. KnopflerStyle

KnopflerStyle Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2005
    BA
    Money is not important: 52 reissue + 57 Custom Twin

Money is important: Classic Vibe Butterscotch blonde or Custom (He use both Fender models)+ Deluxe Reverb/VOX AC30/Blackstar Artist 15

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.