Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Shipping in the USA...What gives!?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thighbanez, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Thighbanez

Thighbanez Tele-Afflicted

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    I have a bit of a gripe and I don't know where I stand, so I ask you wise people to evaluate this and tell me where I'm going wrong.

I recently purchased a Hermida Audio Tiki-Drive (Last wednesday) and paid $27.50 for expedited shipping like an idiot.

Alf said it would ship out the same day I purchased it and apparently it did, however...it still has not arrived and probably will not arrive until week's end.

Why did I pay almost 30 dollars for shipping via USPS and it doesn't come as fast as it should? Should I dispute this or am I just an idiot? (Don't feel bad telling me because I won't make this king of impetuous impatient mistake again!)

Thus far...this has been the only info on the tracking website.

Thanks.

2. superbadj

superbadj Friend of Leo's

Mar 26, 2008
    roanoke, va
    That means that YESTERDAY, the USPS shipping label was created. So it didn't go anywhere last week.

3. ASC67

ASC67 Friend of Leo's

Jul 3, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN.
    the USPS tracking is not the best or accurately updated IME.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Little Ricky

Little Ricky Tele-Holic

May 11, 2008
    Mid-Atlantic
    I shipped a guitar from NJ on Feb 18 and it arrived in HI on Feb 21, and Monday Feb 20 was a federal holiday. Go USPS!
    Yes, it was a lightweight SG and it cost about $50 to ship, but they delivered.

6. fight the temptation to get expedited shipping especially from a very small vendor.

the difference in time is no where near the extra cost...

you lived your whole life without this pedal and have done fine, a couple more days won't be the end of the world....

7. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
    Expedited shipping doesn't mean expedited arriving.

8. I ordered a part on ebay a few weeks ago and it had free shipping yaaaa I watched the USPS tracking and 3 days it was on truck for delivery yaaa I went out to my mail box that afternoon and there was a postage due slip inside booooooo :lol:

9. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I sold a pedal on Ebay to a guy in Hilo Hawaii and shipped it January 24 from Texas. The USPS tracking system shows it arrived in California on January 28. After that - nothing. I called the post office in Hawaii and they said parcel post can take 6 to 8 weeks. That poor guy's pedal is stuck in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for god knows how long. I ordered 2 Biyang pedals from China and they arrived faster than the USPS can deliver a package to Hawaii.

I'm probably going to have to give the guy a refund and hope he returns my pedal when it eventually arrives. USPS sucks.

10. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    Dangit, I knew I wasted my money.
    *sigh*
    Ah well, I'll have to add my pedals back to my pedalboard before sunday so I'm not left in the lurch for service.

This crap makes me so pissed.

11. Frankie

Frankie Tele-Holic

Jul 11, 2003
    Fostoria, Ohio
    That sounds like something my dad would have said. :lol:

12. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    This is the primary reason I never bought any boutique pedals in the past.
    Yeah, they are great sounding and meet your specific requirements, but you have to wait months for them and they cost an arm and a leg.

13. Jack FFR1846

Jack FFR1846 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 18, 2011
    Hopkinton, MA
    Took 10 days (including President's day) for my pg and 2 back plates to come from Chiina with $5 shipping. I don't understand how they could make the parts so cheap or ship so cheap. 10 days. Wow.

14. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    Great, now I feel even more stupid.
    This stinkin pedal is only coming from frickin florida!
    Why should it take a bloody full week?!
    *argh*
    :mad:

15. drb1346

drb1346 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 18, 2006
    Maryville, MO
    USPS Priority Mail is speed of light fast. I use it every time I can. Beats UPS/Fed Ex every time . . .

16. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    We will see...

I found this on google...

So according to that, I should have the pedal by March 6th...after paying almost 30 dollars in shipping. :mad:

I emailed Hermida Audio with my complaint via the "Contact Us" page of his website. I logged a copy of the letter and screenshots for verification should this get ugly.

17. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    South
    Was it already in stock?

Perhaps they shipped it quickly after getting it on their shelf. This could have created a time delay that would upset anyone seeking expedited shipping.

In response to the Hawaii post, I shipped a used pedal to Hawaii from the house, and it got there within a few days (priority mail).

18. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    From what I understand, It was on the shelf.
    I got an email from Mr. Hermida the same day I ordered it (last wednesday) that said:

I should have just followed my instincts and gotten the regular shipping. Even 2-day shipping with Fed-Ex hasn't been "TWO-DAY" shipping since the early 2000's.

Nothing is as it is advertised in this country.

19. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 19, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Patience is a virtue. Be at peace and do not worry, the pedal will arrive at the exact time it was supposed to.

All is good I promise, and the world is a beautiful place. There is no need to become upset, these problems are very minor in the grand scheme of things.

take care...

20. dconeill

dconeill Tele-Afflicted

(deleted ... pointless)

21. Thighbanez

Aug 5, 2010
    delMARva
    Thank you.
    I will let this go.
    *breathe deep*
    *exhale*

Patience...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.