Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Shin's Music Dumbloid

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by csapo, Oct 31, 2013.

1. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

Naw amigo you're the one that don't get it. Thanks for showing that - again. I appreciate that, I really do.

You really think those people building them were going to buy one??? Anyone lost a sale to them?

Are you looking for a nice bridge?

Only way they'll take sales away from the current sellers is if they start selling them. Which I'm waiting to do when you build me my $30 one. :D

Boy I do admit that.

What I'm curious about is why so much discussion over there on different op-amps and stuff - I guess they're trying to improve on it?

2. cousinpaul

cousinpaul Friend of Leo's

Jun 19, 2009
    Nashville TN

3. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

Great demo of the Big Bloom

4. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    It's so interesting. In other 'loid/Bloom threads, the less-than-inspiring (to some) sounds coming from the box are dismissed by fans on the grounds that the demo is unrepresetative of the pedal (gain up to high, recording was bad, etc.) So I was curious to listen to a demo labeled as good by a fan. And to hear that I don't find anything interesting or inspiring about the tone. Again, I realize that's just personal preference, but it was helpful to me to know that the demo must be a "fair" representation to be labeled good, and that I still don't like the tone (as with the demos dismissed for various reasons as unrepresentative of the pedal).

5. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

I asked Taylor to do one with a more mainstream amp and not a D inspired one. One of my pet peeves is most pedals seem to be demoed with a Dr Z or something D inspired already. So he used a Marshall type one for this one
    (I use mine with a DRRI)

6. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Friend of Leo's

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    I have no legitimate reason for bumping this thread. :lol:

7. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    [​IMG]

8. Steel String

Steel String NEW MEMBER!

Mar 30, 2014
    Vermont
    What who is that guy??? Shin or Amp Nation???

9. vlammie

vlammie Tele-Meister

Jan 27, 2012
    Belgium
    New dumbloid videos:

@ Steel String, Shin's music makes the Dumbloid, amplified nation makes the big bloom, which is supposed to be a dumbloid copy 'with some modifications'.
    But since he goops his copy, it's hard to tell what it is exactly.

AN once posted pics of both ungooped pedals (and quickly removed them again), but the capacitors/resistors/whatever didn't had the same colours, so I guess he uses different brands of parts, but maybe the same values.

From the only comparison video there is, I can certainly hear a difference, but it's a very low-level recording, with different settings, etc. so comparing is pretty difficult.

10. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

Jul 17, 2007
    Virginia
    forgot about this pedal

so...its just a tube screamer

classic. :lol:

11. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

Interesting quote:

12. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 6, 2010
    Twangsylvania
    ^ At which point, Brian kicked Brad in the shin and told him, "No more Paisley Drive for you!" :lol:

13. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

AFAIK (I have one) there are no modifications except better build quality and better esthetics (nicer case and control panel).

I mistakenly said once I thought he had improved on or enhanced the electronics - but I was wrong.

14. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    More interesting quotes.

15. MASONish

MASONish Tele-Holic

Jan 24, 2012
    WNC Mountains
    Should have listened to your teachers and your mom!

16. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    My Mom said my Dumbloid Twin sounded like a blender full of nuts and bolts. She took it down to Guitar Center to trade in and all they would give her was a used Danelectro FAB Metal.

17. majorbugout

majorbugout Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    NY
    I thought that "fragile harmonics can’t survive in a solid state crystal lattice". Dig the artisinal Dymo labeling, Super classy man, fur sure.

18. Wampler Pedals

Wampler Pedals Tele-Meister Vendor Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Indiana
    haha! Nah, Brad does love the TS type circuit though.

Pants likes this.

19. Wampler Pedals

Wampler Pedals Tele-Meister Vendor Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Indiana
    oh jeez, I just realized I bumped a 2 year old thread. Sorry! :/

artdecade likes this.

20. G&Lplayer

G&Lplayer Tele-Meister

Dec 17, 2015
    Virginia
    Thanks for bumping it, it is a funny read.

Pants likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.