Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

shift key sends me back to last page - help

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jhundt, Oct 4, 2017.

1. jhundt

jhundt Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    just tonight my asus laptop is doing something strange. every time i try to respond to a post here i have this problem. if i try to type a capital letter, the whole page disappears, including my message. it has happened here, and on another web-site. so i conclude that it is likely a fault in my computer.

has anyone had an experience like this, or does anyone have a suggestion who to fix this

2. jhundt

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    there is no problem on a text document, and i could do capital letters on facebook with no problem.

3. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Sorry, I can't take posts seriously in all lower case. :lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking a keyboard short, but you say it only happens on the TDPRI? That is odd.

I would dump your browser cache, and restart your computer to see if that fixes it - but that is a guess.

I would assume any hardware / software issue would also affect Facitybookie, and all other sites equally. All I can think of is a cookie from an ad that has TDPRI wadding it's undies. Try the cache / restart and see if that helps and let us know.

4. jhundt

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    i will try that
    just had to retype this, same problem again
    i have restarted, i will try again after cleaning cache

even weirder- there is an icon to change keyboards. i use it when i need to type spanish or french accented letters. i can't access that now. it shows up then disappears

i went to control panel. selected language/region, then change location

a list of all the countries in the world appears, but i can't select. the list just runs through to the bottom and stops at zimbabwe. i have tried everything but i can't stop it from cycling through.

same thing happens with 'dare/number format'.

5. jhundt

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    solved, I think. I tried a different mouse device, and now everything works. The $25 HP wireless mouse is replace with a $3 no-name USB unit, and everything is working just right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.