Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sharing some 1996 vintage Tele pics.....(Warning Contains criminally cheap old Tele's!)

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Masterbuilt, May 5, 2017.

1. Masterbuilt

Masterbuilt Tele-Holic

Oct 28, 2004
    London,UK
    Went to the Dallas Guitar Show in 1996......yep should have bought that pristine '56 for $7500
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sonicdom and BrandonIke like this.

2. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I don't think there has been a guitar show in the DC area for a long time. I miss them. There were still deals to be had in the late 80s / early 90s but then pricing seemed to go haywire.

Masterbuilt likes this.

3. sonicdom

sonicdom TDPRI Member

Apr 27, 2012
    switzerland
    Do you have more of those pics? I think that '56 actually ended up with me in '99, it looks just like the one I had. I sold it later to an italian collector because it was very heavy. Saw it last year again at Rumble Seat for 28k... I'd love to find old guitar show pics of guitars I own(ed). A friend of mine still has pics of him in the early eighties standing next to a bunch of '59 LP's for $3500 each, flying V's for 3k and mary kaye strats for 2.5k. he didn't have any money back then to bring those guitars home...

4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    .....he didn't have any money back then to bring those guitars home...

None of us did!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.