Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

SF Princeton NR

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by teledaddyo, Nov 5, 2011.

1. teledaddyo

teledaddyo TDPRI Member

I have a blackline silverface 1968 Princeton Non Reverb. I've had this amp for about 5 yrs now. Replaced the OT when a resistor on the Cap can let all the magic smoke out. Thinking about going through it and checking values. Have already replaced the Ecaps shortly after getting the amp and added a fixed bias pot. It's not in an original 1968 NR dripedge cab, which leads me to my questions:
    A) Should I replace other caps on the board (tone caps like the orange discs)
    B)The pressboard baffle makes me want to put a larger hole in it since I've added a 12 inside instead of the 10. I don't think I can pull the baffle out so I may have to cut it out and make a new pine baffle. May be easier to cut the baffle with a jigsaw with existing baffle so I don't have to buy a new cab. Hmmm.
    C)I want to make this a giggable amp. We play small enough rooms I can mic it and get the sound I want so what else should I do to make it as reliable as the year it rolled off the line?
    Here it is with my guitars.
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.