Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Serial number help

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Pauly Bracciolli, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Pauly Bracciolli

Pauly Bracciolli TDPRI Member

Jul 11, 2017
    California
    The serial number on this Telecaster squire is CGS1202396. It has a gold squire logo. Any idea what year, etc. this guitar is?

2. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Hi,

well with just those details almost any squier will fit the description, can you post some pictures of the guitar ?

body, headstock we'll be able to help you out if we are able to see it.

Cheers

3. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    can't tell you what model but it should be chinese squier made in 2012 so if you could post a picture it should be easy to identify the model since it's a relatively recent production

4. RockNRollin_Nolan

RockNRollin_Nolan TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    Based on the gold Squire logo and the beginning letters "CGS" it seems to be a made in China Classic Vibes Telecaster. I would say it was made in 2012 since the first two numbers are 12.

5. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    the cgs is just a factory code so any squier out of that factory in China will begin with those digits and plenty of squiers have gold logos, I have a squier VM telecaster special with a gold logo (it's a jazzmaster neck but it's still a gold logo). It could be a classic vibe but they make different ones.

6. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc

7. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    the squire I bought yesterday had a CY17XXXX serial meaning China-Yako 2017
    Yako is the company out of taiwan that has a factory in China

8. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    Yep, I'm pretty sure it is a Classic Vibe from 2012. So depending on the color you can know the model (CV - 50s - BSB, CV - 50s - VB, CV Custom - 60s with rosewood neck, CV - 69 - Thinline). They are certainly on the high end of the Squier ladder, and have a very good quality reputation. They may sound better than some MIMs (depending on the individual guitar), although MIMs usually have better hardware or at least better chroming quality.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.