Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

September Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD

2. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Nice melodic tones Phil !

3. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I enjoyed your track, Don. I'm a big fan of the J-45 and I liked the sort of relaxed feel you recorded here.

4. teletimetx

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX

5. teletimetx

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I agree, Ullrich, this was kind of hard to work with - but I thought your version was really good - reminded me of the Peter Green era of Fleetwood Mac. Nice stuff.

6. teletimetx

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    There was some real good stuff here - I was kind of hearing it like a sound track for a movie - the part where the characters are hanging out on the beach or in a park and starting to fall in love or something? I enjoyed it.

7. teletimetx

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I enjoyed all of it - I especially like the mandolin lead part. Nice playing.

btw, sorry for multiple posts for feedback, haven't figured out how to quote more than one post at a time...

8. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014

9. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Gentlemen, I had started to record something on the last track, but getting a little ill I think I will not be able to finish it. So I decided to listen to Your new tracks now.

Mjark, I like the breaking sound of your guitars you use recently. On this track, the opening figure with the two double stops is very interesting and followed by a decent playing with some good ideas.

Mike, a very dense guitar work, seemed to grab me from the start and hold me tight till the end.

Teletimetx, a good idea to arrange it with three different types of guitar. I like what you played. While listening I had the idea it would have been nice if you let the single coil play on in the background when coming in with the humbucker guitar and maybe even let the acoustic play it´s chords again.

Phil, you really made an instrumental out of the track. Nice arranged, the different stringed instruments sound well together. A very good work!

10. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Thanks Ullrich. I'm not sure what you mean by breaking sound but I like it.

11. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, it´s not really clean anymore, it is starting to break up, getting saturated, a little dirt, the power tubes start compressing etc. That is exactly the sound I love most.

12. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Me too, but there are no tubes, just this old thing.
    [​IMG]

13. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Well, it seems to deliver the targeted Sound well :).

14. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany

15. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Nice Ullrich ! Great tone from your gear and no noodling sounding at all , just some good playing . Thanks for your comment on mine , I should've went with my single track version but I was feeling a little rebellious when I posted it.

16. teletimetx

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Ullrich - this is my favorite of your tracks so far. I think sometimes we do better when we're not trying so hard? Anyhow, like it a lot very good stuff. Played a couple times at work. Thanks for posting.

17. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Udoering, I have to second the comment by teletimetx, this is my fave thing you have done thus far as well!!! I absolutely love the #2 position Strat sound at the beginning. Your playing is really spot on with the track!!! Very, very good job!! I been out of pocket and will be for the next couple of days. When get settled I will listen back to all that I have missed...

18. Mjark

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    You must have had the Rockin' Pneumonia & Boogie Woogie Flu! It is indeed a very nice piece of work.

19. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    I have to second everyone else's opinion on this track. Very good and right on theme with the track. Lots of good stuff.

20. udoering

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Gentlemen (where are the women, by the way?), thank you all for your esteeming comments. I really wasn´t fishing for compliments when I said it was noodling. I felt it this way, uninspired. I had some flaws in it (the really bad parts were cutted out), but on the other side I noticed I had some functioning "speed" parts in it (compared with my general playing speed).

The sound: no strat, but the Blackout Tele with the Area T´s in it. My Mesa has a vacation at the repairman, so I used the Superchamp X2 with a 1x12 Cannabis Rex cab. The clean part at the beginning is channel 1. The slightly distorted sound comes from a bassmann model I put on slot 15, and somehow it sounds very different from the already implemented bassman model in an earlier slot. Some digital mojo I guess, maybe a kind of malfunction, but a pretty nice one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.