Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

September Backing Track

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by Mellencaster, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Welcome to another month of backing tracks . JJ is still working out his computer issues, hopefully will see him soon .
    August was great with all the submissions and I have to say you all did great . Also like to thank Mark for providing his own backing track , well done Mark!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Download September's Tracks Here! Enjoy and have fun!
    Blues https://soundcloud.com/swamp1300/september-backing-track-keyd
    Modern Blues https://soundcloud.com/swamp1300/september-modern-blues-guitar-backing-track-2-in-e

2. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Right on time!

3. jjpish68

jjpish68 Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Maryland
    Awesome!!! Thank you Mellecaster and Mjark for keeping this moving on. I think I got most everything all straight once again.

Downloading these tracks now so I can get to work on them.

4. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Wow I like both of these... I hear all sorts of possibilities.... That second one is beautiful. Great choices!!! I have to finish a little work on a "project graveyard victim" and I m in!!!
    Oh yeah, it is so on....

5. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Tamworth, 'straya.
    Excellent stuff. Got the tracks downloaded and I'll start working on them tonight I hope. It'd be good if I can get my subs in early for once. :oops:

6. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Mar 31, 2013
    near Cologne, Germany
    Wow! This thing is really evolving, isn´t it! We started with one track, then two tracks in a month and in august we had three.

Now we start with two tracks simultaniously! Luckily, the next weekend I got nothing else to do. By the way, did you all made those backing tracks by yourself? Or are they downloaded from a free backing track website (I have some of those free tracks for exercising on my computer)?

And what about covers? I made a B.B. King-cover in Cubase where a friend and me played guitars and he made the singing. I could upload that version (without the guitars), but never did because of the copyright laws.

7. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    No Ullrich the tracks are from the internet. Now with covers , it falls in to the fair use category as long it's used for nonprofit educational purposes ,covers can be used in this thread for teaching improvisation on a guitar.

8. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas
    I took a 'couple of months off from these backing track threads.. but I'm the first back in the pond, it seems.

Lots of channeling Stevie Ray Vaughan.. Beatles, and other stuff too.. and I managed to work in one of the themes from Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" at the end:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

9. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Nice job SM. RiB fell in there pretty well. So many great lines to work with - always fun to try and make them fit. (A pretty good big-band trombone player, dad of a girl I went to HS with, said he could play Little Brown Jug over *anything* and I think he probably could!)

10. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Sweet track ScatMan!Love the tone of your guitar, what were you using for gear?

11. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Houston
    Just got them downloaded. Great tracks. Looking forward to all the rain coming this weekend.

12. ScatMan

ScatMan Friend of Leo's

Jul 7, 2008
    Texas
    Mellencaster, the guitar was a Strat and the amp was a Vox modeling amp simulating a Vox AC30 top boost.

13. Flat6Driver

Flat6Driver Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2013
    DC Burbs

14. Mellencaster

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Flat6Driver
    Flat6Driver I liked your track and welcome aboard!

15. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm doing the same thing. If I hear any it'll be like an earworm that will undoubtedly end up in my version. It's killing me not to listen to any yet (>_<).....

16. asatbender

asatbender Tele-Holic

Mar 18, 2003
    Calhoun, GA
    Love your playing. I mean this as a compliment, I also heard a little Mayer and Urban.

17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Gorgeous stuff. Of course, I've only listened to it 3 times now.

Plus, we get a video? Outrageous. Thanks, man. truly fun, and the quote from Rhapsody just makes me smile.

18. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Nice track. I don't know if people like comparisons, but I was definitely hearing some Buffalo Springfield influence here. I also like the way you handled space with patience and not overplaying. Thanks for posting.

I think it's a excellent goal to put together a track without hearing the others, but I don't have the schedule that allows and I like trying to provide some feedback when I can. Plus my stuff just ends up sounding like me anyway.

19. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    Flat6Driver - Well there you go. The more you you participate the better you’ll become. This is a fun way to exercise your chops and brain.

Sometimes I find one section, a chorus, bridge whatever that speaks to me and I hit upon a phrase that works, then I go back and add more to try and tie it all together.

I can “see” with my ears the level of confidence growing among the regular participants here.

20. still_fiddlin

still_fiddlin Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 6, 2009
    Texas
    Great job Flat6 - I agree with the Buffalo Springfield kind of vibe. I liked it! (But, I think you used up a lot of those up-beat notes I'm fond of, so will have to think of something else when I get some time this weekend :))

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.