Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Second Partscaster Assembly

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Vanzant, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Chris S.

Chris S. Asst. Admin Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Near TELE-Town (Wash. DC)
    Admin Post
    Reminder re: Decals

Please read the posting rules given at the top of every forum. Posting links to suppliers of counterfeit items can get the site into legal troubles. That's why they're specifically mentioned as items not to post:

FRAUDULENT PRODUCTS:
    Do not post about buying. selling or finding trademarked items such as counterfeit guitars, guitar products or decals. Nor may you post links to any such counterfeit goods. This creates legal issues for our website and we do not wish to promote these illegal items on our sites.

And as mentioned above, if it's not a Fender, it shouldn't have a Fender decal.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation,

Chris S.

2. ChaseB

ChaseB TDPRI Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Lafayette, LA
    Fender decals look awesome on Fender licensed necks, I'll continue to use them on my builds. I won't mention where to get them anymore, anyone here is capable of Google if they so choose.

3. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I think the Callaham bridge worked well, no issues with the pre-drilled holes on an MJT body!

4. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    To be perfectly honest, I had no idea that the decals were "counterfeit." I just thought that this company happened to sell replacement decals for Fender guitars...

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused...that wasn't my intention.

Cheers!

5. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States

6. stewart_garden

stewart_garden TDPRI Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Adelaide

Thanks!

7. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    I was surprised to see that the custom decal I ordered shipped out the same day I ordered it...seems quick.

8. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Decal Update

Hey folks, I'm still trying to decide what decal to use. A funny thing happened, as soon as my decals arrived from the ebay vendor, I received an email from JBennett about my decal. So, although the ebay vendor makes a decent decal, I really like Jbennett's lettering, so I had to go with him.

Here is a picture of the custom decal from the ebay vendor (note his V compared to Bennett's V with the scrolling below).

IMG_1244.jpg

So now I am trying to decide about the sketch he sent. He said that he "set it up with “customcaster” since just CUSTOM feels a little off balance…" I originally just wanted it to say Vanzant CUSTOM like I did with my tele... What do you all think does CUSTOMCASTER work?

Here it is, what do you think?

2.jpg

9. David_Maas

David_Maas Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2014
    Potsdam, Germany
    +1 on Customcaster

Loving the JBennett work

10. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I went ahead with CUSTOMCASTER...seems right :D

11. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Decal Update

I just got word that the decals are finished and ready to ship! They are going to look great! :lol:

VanzantDecal.jpg

12. Sneddo

Sneddo Tele-Meister

That is really cool. Nice one mate.

I'd leave the spring cover off. I find they feel weird to play with the cover on. Maybe I'm weird?

Your logo will finish it off perfectly.

13. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    Installing the Decal

This is pretty straight forward; following JBennett's instructions works great. I found that you need to soak it that second time to fully dislodge the decal from the backing. Also, a Q-tip works great for soaking up excess water and flattening out any air bubbles. I did each decal separately to give myself the maximum amount of time to align each decal. I am pretty happy with the final outcome, and yes it is much better than the counterfeit fender logo that I was considering!

I didn't practice with one of the decals on a piece of scrap wood like he recommends, only because I have done it before. So, now I have two extra decals in case something happens to this one....or maybe I should build two more strats? :eek:

All the necessary tools, Soaking the decal for 21 seconds ;)
    IMG_1828.jpg IMG_1829.jpg

Soaking the smaller decal, the final product
    IMG_1830.jpg IMG_1832.jpg

14. David_Maas

David_Maas Tele-Meister

Oct 28, 2014
    Potsdam, Germany
    Awesome! Perfect size and alignment! Well worth the wait

Vanzant likes this.

15. Vanzant

Vanzant Tele-Afflicted

May 18, 2013
    United States
    I have had some problems with the Callaham Vintage Bridge assembly and string spacing (2 and 7/32), where the High E string veers off the fretboard around the 12-15th fret. I am now awaiting the Callaham Vintage Mount and Narrow String Spacing (2 and 1/16), should be better. Stay tuned

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.