Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Searching for a G or B-bender with minimal blood loss

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by William SantAna, Sep 4, 2017.

1. William SantAna

William SantAna TDPRI Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    Hi guys,

Im very happy with my telepart, it sounds amazing, and i have nothing to reclaim about it.

However, acctually, Im getting very interested on putting a bender on my tele, due Im committed to learn old country style.

The most overwhelming guitars I saw with benders have too much intrusive mechanics on body, big rips, horrendous backguards that I hated.

I was wondering if exists some other benders designs which is less hurty to guitar, and, preferable, that it is not too ugly.

Any sugestions, friends?

2. bendercaster

bendercaster Tele-Holic

Sep 20, 2011
    Sacramento
    The rolling bender is a nice, non-defacing and completely reversible bender. You activate it with your picking hand though and that is problem for some folks.

The McEwen Slingshot is also nondefacing and removable. It attaches to the neck bolts and end pin of the guitar. You may have to modify your bridge, but otherwise, it is a nice stap activated bender if that is your inclination.

Telegraphonic likes this.

3. AAT65

AAT65 Tele-Afflicted

May 29, 2016
    Edinburgh, Scotland

4. William SantAna

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    That's cool. Especiaaly the brass finish which can match nice on my saddles.
    http://rollingbender.com/admin/index.php/product/right-handed-rolling-b-bender/

Taking a look at that, thats the less intrusive mod I can do in my tele.
    Price is not too preasant, but, it's ok, i think it's pretty well for the money.

If I searched the right way, I found some McEwen Slingshot mechanism too complicated and it envolves too much steel on the back of the guitar, for doing almost the same of the rolling bender. Visually, I prefer the first.

But, Im very thank you for the options.

---

I on work right now, and my enterpreneur blocks some net access with a restrictive proxy.
    I couldnt see that link, but, I googled for the hipshot bender.

I guess it's very complete, full of resources. Thats cool.
    It seems it can bender all the strings, more or less than 1 tone down, just like a strat does, or just a string I want.

I really like that functionality man. Maybe I can think about.

5. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I've been using the hipshot on my gigging guitar for a couple of years now. I like it. You have to drill a hole in the bridge plate, and 2 small holes next to the strap button to secure the plate. I'll let you decide as to weather or not you think it is ugly. 20170904_150015.jpg

ps- I don't use the drop D lever. I tied it down with a little pice of wire that is attached to one of the screws so it doesn't flop around. One of these days, I'm going to pull it off there.

6. William SantAna

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    That device is cool. I get me asking if that plastic tube (pen tube?) won't broke the string as the time passes.
    But, you are using it for years, so, that secure.

7. jklotz

jklotz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    No, it is a small section of nylon tubing the supply with the bender. It protects the B string from the metal on the bridge plate. I have not broken a single string since I put it on.

William SantAna likes this.

8. William SantAna

Aug 22, 2017
    Brazil
    Oh sorry for my ignorance rsrs

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.