Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

SD Quarter Pund wiring?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by RoCkstAr256, Sep 2, 2017.

1. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Hey

Ive been reading lots of forums, threads about wiring a Seyomur Duncan Quarter Pund Bridge Lead and can't get one thing, how do i make grounding for it? Old Squier Affinity Pickup Bridge has metal plate under it where groudning connects. I have no idea what i should do now, for sure im getting it to tech. Anyone had same problems?

Ill try to make photos later , phone need to charge :p

2. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland

3. tessting1two

tessting1two Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2014
    Southern California
    There should be two grounds: first, the black wire of the pickup should be soldered to the back of the volume pot. Second, there should be a ground wire that touches the bridge plate on one end and the other end is soldered to the back of the volume pot. Many guitars don't have this wire and rely on the metal baseplate of the bridge pickup which touches the pickup mounting screws which touches the bridge plate. Since you don't have this metal plate you'll have to run a separate wire.

This thread shows pictures of a few different methods of running a bridge ground wire: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...oblem-on-my-52-ri-tele.1806857/#post-23749767

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

4. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.