Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Screwed up. Help me fix my Keystone?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by LowThudd, Oct 30, 2017.

1. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I spaced out and tried to use the wrong screws to mount the Keystone bridge pup. Theis caused the screw ferrule to not only be cross threaded, but dislodged from the base plate.

Where can I buy this piece? And, how are they mounted? just press fit, or glued?

[​IMG]

2. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2008
    Sedalia, MO
    Contact Becky. I bet she’ll send you one gratis.

3. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Why didn't I think of that. Just e-mailed. Thanks.

4. sjtalon

sjtalon Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I would suggest, when you get the new part, using a smaller screwdriver.

▼LowThudd ▼

[​IMG]

5. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    You mean there are different sizes? :eek:
    lol

6. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

Sep 7, 2008
    Princeton, NJ
    Just use the included screws and tubing. If the screw still inserts fine, no reason to worry about it — just pressure fit the insert back in.

7. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I think i'm 50/50 on this happening to my Keystones. Why does it happen so easily to these?

8. Derek Kiernan

Derek Kiernan Friend of Leo's

Sep 7, 2008
    Princeton, NJ
    They have very precise inserts and you can’t use the wrong screw or force a screw through at the wrong angle. That it can come out rather than be destroyed when that amount of force has been put on it incorrectly is something I don’t view as a flaw, and is easily fixed. Just use what came with the pickup and pressure fit the insert back, adjusting the screw counterclockwise by hand until the threads catch properly.

9. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    The inserts were cross threaded, and they would not keep from turning when trying to use the correct screws after my mistake.

Thankfully, Shannon allowed me to return them to be fixed. They are on their way there now.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.