Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Scotty Anderson's Tele under the hood

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by toetap, Aug 25, 2017.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Well yeah but this guy sounds uncommonly good so his treble bleed values must be uncommon!

2. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Thanks for the explanation.
    I couldn't make out the details on my screen and don't know resistor value by eye, have a decoder somewhere, but it's one of those things I have trouble with.

The "three high tone, three low tones" wiring is still a mystery, it's possible that the mini hum was taken apart and split into four wires for up to three sounds, and if the bridge pup is an SD Jerry Donahue it would be a one sound pickup, but combinable in series or parallel- I didn't hear any out of phase combo, though I suppose he might seldom use that particular sound.

Sucked into the idea that a great players sound can be traced back to their gear, yet I'm familiar enough with the limitations the pickups place on the resulting sound, and here we have a great player who clearly feels a very specific need to have a mini hum neck pup instead of the stock Tele pup, so his gear plays a significant role.

I am not gear obsessed and play Esquires pretty much exclusively, partly because there I haven't found a neck pickup that balances with my preferred bridge pup without compromising the bridge tone by setting the amp to eliminate the bassy mud of the neck pup.

I don't hear that here and want to know why!

3. Tony Forman

Tony Forman Tele-Meister

In Levi Clay's interview with Scotty you can hear him explain the functions of the switches around the 35:56 min mark. I still have no idea how to wire it though???

Doug 54 and murdude like this.

4. toetap

toetap TDPRI Member

Oct 27, 2014
    ohio
    The cowboy on horse decal was meant to be a joke.Doug stuck it on the guitar after a repair and after a few too many!Scotty just left it on there. You guys could email Doug for any questions concerning the pup's or electronics gunnar1@cinci.rr.com

Tony Forman likes this.

5. Tony Forman

Tony Forman Tele-Meister

Thanks toetap. I have emailed Doug with some questions.

toetap likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.