Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Scored a CV Bronze Gold, but 300 euros? Would you?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by mimmo, Oct 31, 2018.

1. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Hi guys,

I have always loved the look of this ltd edition with the humbucker in the neck position.
    I have found one in the used market but the seller is asking 300 euros.

My question is: is it worth it? I do know that the right price is something difficult to establish (until someone accepts to pay the asked money, this IS the right price!) but do you think that 300 euros is a good price?

Any direct experience?
    Thanks!

2. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Hi Mimmo

Worth every penny at that price. Fairly rare.

I ended up parting it and using the body - which is a wonderful colour IMO. I've posted it many times so I won't again!

It was very well made. The neck was perhaps a little thinner than I prefer but not thin. Good quality rosewood.

It played at least as well as the MIJ. 9.5 radius and and the build was exceptionally good at least the quality of MIM.

The humbucker itself is warm and a touch muddy. For serious use, replace it I think. I wired mine to skip the tone circuit entirely which helped a lot as the 250 meg pot wasn't right for it. But I still pulled it.

Worth it if you want it.

3. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I'd pay that without hesitating.

mimmo likes this.
  4. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Thanks mate. Each time you post a picture of yours I salivate so thanks for not doing it. Waiting for the answer from the seller now..

rze99 likes this.
  5. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Were you able to score mimmo?

As I recall I got mine for about $400 from a buddy who bought one shipped in from Canada, played it for about a week, didn't like it, then sold it to me. Since them I've replaced the neck with another with a profile I prefer, replaced the muddy neck humbucker with a drop in P90 and for balance replaced the bridge pickup with a SD Quarter Pound.

goldbronze.jpeg

6. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010

Hi mate, yours is the CV bronze I would have taken inspiration from for mods, it is an awesome telecaster. Unfortunately the ad disappeared before I could contact the seller, my bad.
    I will keeping searching for one, I really dig the look of these telecasters.

Thanks for asking, it is very kind of you.

soulman969 likes this.
  7. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Just checking in with an old friend and hoping you'd scored. Sorry to hear it didn't work out. :(

It's a unique finish for sure and not easy to find in the US either.

mimmo likes this.
  8. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    I know, this was a very limited run and I stupidly missed it. But one will come one day or another, I am sure of this ;-)

Take care

soulman969 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.