Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

SC WRHB

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by assquatch20, Feb 8, 2019.

1. assquatch20

assquatch20 NEW MEMBER!

Feb 8, 2019
    Tennessee
    So we've got single coils with 12 pole-pieces now. I know you couldn't get as many windings with the same gauge, not even on a normal humbucker probably (still not positive why it's so much bigger than a regular HB unless it's windings) but you could put those CuNiFe pole pieces in one if you had the tooling. Has anybody done something like that?

Pretty much I'm a fan of the traditional bridge and curious what that would sound like. I'm thinking like a SD Quarter Pound, but I'd be fine with being wrong there.

Would be cool in a strat too. I've got one of the newer WHRB's that was in the neck of something, hacked a parts strat up to fit it at the bridge. Sounds alright.

Also interested in a hidden coil for humbucking kinda like Kramer did in the 80's. Any relevant conjecture is appreciated.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.