Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Saw Tommy Emmanuel Again...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Robert H., Jan 12, 2018.

1. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2005
    N. Cal.
    He remains a stunning guitarist - talent, skills beyond anything imaginable at times. And less hammy than he has been n the past.
    If you get the chance, see him while you can.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    My son and I saw him last year, if he comes back to Bakersfield we'll see him again this year. I never minded Tommy's being hammy either, it's just part of who Tommy is. I've been following him on you tube for more than ten years, it was one of those lifetime things to finally get to see him. No disappointment there when I did, he's everything you see on youtube and more.

Robert H. and Chicago Matt like this.

3. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

Aug 23, 2014
    Woodstock
    I'm getting tickets to see him in February in Atlanta. Don't want to miss it this time!

Robert H. and Toto'sDad like this.

4. MandyMarie

MandyMarie Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Austin, TX
    He's such a genius. Whew!

Robert H. and Toto'sDad like this.

5. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Nice to see you MandyMarie! Tommy truly is a genius, and he's been that way a long, long time.

6. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

I've seen Tommy five times now (which is amazing for the entertainment-rationed UK!) and he gets better every time. His playing skills are second to none and he's a great entertainer. The last time I saw him was 2016, so I'm hoping he'll come here again soon. If you're reading this, Tommy.... ;)

Robert H. likes this.

7. Strum und Twang

Strum und Twang Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Sep 4, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    For our second time to see TE, we caught him in a small venue in Lubbock back in December - 2nd row seats. It was an amazing show and our close seats allowed us to hear the Maton guitars acoustically as well. Amazing stuff - and he remains the consummate entertainer and post-show nice guy.

See him early and often, if you can.

Robert H. likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.