Saw Avengers: Endgame last night.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Toto'sDad, May 3, 2019.

1. Mr Scallywag

Mr Scallywag Tele-Holic

The Scarlet Witch, right? When she popped up all I thought was, ooh, I forgot how pretty she was, not Thanos is gonna get a serious slap down. What annoyed me the most about the last battle, and there was a lot that annoyed me, was how despite everything they know about Thanos they still tackled him like a bunch of disposable henchmen attacking Chuck Norris. Let's not act like a legion of well-trained, powerful, and intelligent superheroes and use tactics and strategies, lets just rush in blindly, one at a time, and see how it goes.

And what they did to Thor and Hulk was almost criminal. Two cornerstones of the MCU and ones is now a fat loser, and the other the jolly green giant. Holy Moly! They used Endgame simply as a lead in to Thors transition to GOTG, even though Ragnarok showed he could cover the necessary bases without descending to whatever the hell they did here.

And yeah, those IMDB ratings have lost any kind of credence since fandom voting took off.

RLee77 and Matthias like this.
  2. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

(SPOILERS by the way)

I couldn’t help but think of the old 80s Transformers movie when they killed off one toy range to make room for a new one.

Scarlet Witch could have been a big moment and that WOULD have been earned. In fact, for me it’s just lost a point out of 10 for not tying up that character’s arc properly.

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

I haven't seen the movie or the spoilers, I just skimmed through for the memes and gifs.:)

Toto'sDad likes this.
  4. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

Well, to start off I cannot forgive the Russo's for trying to explain away the Hulk getting beat down like a child in infinity war saying "Hulk and Banner are having internal conflict, and Endgame will be his time to shine and the culmination of a 3 film arc starting with Ragnarok...

Well...

Way to go Russo bros... there wasnt a SINGLE redeeming moment for Hulk in any of Endgame!

He didn't even with Thanos not even a single punch, and he didnt Smash anything at all.

Used for comic relief... oh brother.

We know that Thor is an incredible warrior as he comes from a Race of warriors and is thousands of years old having participated in countless battles against horrible foes.... Frost Giants... Surtur... etc...

So in Ragnarok we see Thor and Hulk pretty much have parity between themselves... and Thor can half ass hold his own agianst thanos 1v1.

But Hulk gets curb stomped....

But then Cap can fight thanos 1 on 1..
    And so can Iron man...

Its GARBAGE!

Believer, RLee77 and Milspec like this.
  5. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

If I'm not mistaken, Thanos was in that movie, right? :lol::lol::lol:

I saw it with the family on opening weekend. 3D. It was a good movie. We have been Marvel fans for years; my wife got hooked recently.

Funny story. My wife went and saw "Infinity War" with my daughter when it was in the theater. At that point, all my wife had seen was Iron Man. She came home saying "There was no character development! I had no idea who all these people were!" My daughter and I laughed, and explained that there were 16 movies of character development. So, we started streaming and renting the 16 movies of "character development". That was it - she was hooked. When we rented Infinity War again, and she loved it.

We still laugh about "character development".

BorderRadio and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. WetBandit

WetBandit Friend of Leo's

That development certainly didn't apply to HULK.... your wife's assertion (at least pertaining to the green guy) holds true.

Milspec likes this.
  7. unixfish

Nice! Well played, @WetBandit . I take it you have "Hulk issues". :lol::lol::lol:

I get it - there have been some characters / inconsistencies that have bothered me too.

WetBandit likes this.
  8. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

I'm not going to waste my money.

Strange statement?

I KNOW I can't make it thru a 3 hour movie without falling asleep.

9. marc2211

marc2211 Tele-Meister

I love comic books, the MCU movies and am a huge geek. I hated Endgame. I found it Meh on pretty much all levels, a very poor effort.

Believer likes this.
  10. unixfish

"Dread it, run from it, destiny still arrives."

Know your limitations, eh?

bloomz and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Endgame II!
    The end of the Trilogy!!!

Matthias and Toto'sDad like this.
  12. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

They are getting older.
    Seeing Thor sporting a Depends was a little much for me.

I gave a way the SOILER, not the Spoiler.

13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

You've obviously arrived at the right conclusion. It would seem a simple matter now to resurrect Tony, and anyone else we need to, of course Thanos would return, maybe even give Buggs Bunny a long awaited turn at being an avenger. Have to work the details out with dell, but...

upload_2019-5-4_13-22-44.png

bloomz and String Tree like this.
  14. Uncle Daddy

Uncle Daddy Tele-Holic

I never want to see another Marvel film, not unless I've had a lobotomy first.

Milspec likes this.
  15. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Afflicted

Spoilers don't bother me at all. I guess people watch these movies in suspense over the "plot," but since it's really just a bunch of concocted nonsense, that makes zero sense to me. It's just a bunch of crazy incidents strung together, any of which could be replaced with some other nutty development with no effect since -- spoiler alert! -- the good guys will win. So I enjoy the spectacle enough to watch, but that's about it. Surprise? I've read marvel since way back, and unlike many, have to comics to prove it. I really enjoyed that stuff, but as far as taking it seriously, well, wow, that actually ruins it for me. It's a bunch of crazy junk. And as for Loki, his story is well known. Read Neil Gaiman's (terrible, but it's easy) Norse Mythology.

16. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

My wife and I are in a pub eating dinner right now, having just seen the movie.

We loved it. We were also really affected by the ending. We both teared up a number of times during the film.

One thing we didn't like was what the writers did with Thor.

Overall, though, I think it was a great end to a very long arc.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I felt much the same as you. I have been watching these movies since the first Iron Man. My daughter who usually is not into that kind of movie insisted I watch it with her when it first came out. I was really prepared to be bored for her sake for a couple of hours. The first five minutes in, I was hooked. I was sad too at the end of Endgame. We know on a conscious level it's just a movie, but the little kid in us doesn't. Glad you folks enjoyed it Kelnet.

18. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Iron Man was my favourite comic in my teens. He was always my favourite Avenger, and when I saw in 2007 that Marvel was making an Iron Man movie, I was very excited. At the end of that film, I just about yelled out loud when Nick Fury showed up to talk about the Avengers Initiative. My wife was wondering just who the heck was Nick Fury.
    Starting this past September, we watched all 22 movies in the MCU in preparation for Endgame. The intertwined stories of Steve Rogers and Tony Stark has been a great source of entertainment for me and my wife over the years, and Endgame sure didn't disappoint.

I've been bumping into all kinds of different folks who are excited to see this one. The bar manager at the pub we ate at tonight is going to see it this week, and he's very excited. The woman who cuts my hair has seen all of them. The checkout lady at the supermarket yesterday has already seen it. A bunch of my students have seen it, and they've all been very good about not talking about it in my classroom. A couple of girls have been waiting for me to see it so that they can talk about it with me next week. Three guys in one of my English classes have asked if they could do a joint project about the mythology of Asgard. When I was a teenage nerd reading comics and trying to hide if from my classmates, I would never have imagined how mainstream the Marvel Universe would become. And now I discover that even a 60-something Telecaster-playing, ex-trucker in Bakersfield enjoys the MCU.

It's pretty amazing.

Fearnot, Toto'sDad and BorderRadio like this.
  19. bloomz

bloomz Tele-Holic

That's the other thing - besides falling asleep, as soon as we leave the movie my son says "Daddy what didn't you understand?" And has to explain half the frigging thing to me anyway, since I usually spelt thru half of it.

But even when I stay awake you're right, a bunch of crazy incidents strung together, in my book too.

20. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

I saw it last weekend and have been flashing back to moments all week long. Yes, there are plot holes and at times, the sheer amount of content was just overwhelming... that's why those moments make me wanna go back and see it again... now that I know what happens, I'll be able to appreciate how they get there.

I'll probably wait for some pay-per-view (that's pause-ible) at home though.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.