Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Saul Goode SAF Series

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by mux164, Oct 17, 2016.

1. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia
    Thanks man glad you like them

The first one has a block in it but its been chambered from about where the stop tail piece would go.

All chambered. And yeah it was the one that inspired the rest. Working in number 4 now. Made a bad mistake of routering for the controls the carving too deep.

Waiting till tomorrow to get a new hole saw set. Then i will spray a burst around it.

I only go for colour now when i have a not perfect glue join or a mistake i have made.

Will post a progress picture of number 4 when I get back on my uphone

2. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia

3. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia
    Another somewhat busy day today, noticed that the men's shed was open today so I grabbed all my tops/body blanks and so on to level them off and cut them up

So first up is the top to an Ibanez build, it's going to have a strat neck since I got a great deal on them, got the Karri top glued onto the pine body.

View attachment 445705

Then I got some pine that was finger jointed and cut to size and made a router sled, it's together now (had to glue on extra bits to the side so the rail is snuggish) including the rail for the router, now I just have to put a bottom on it so I can stick bodies to it so I can chamber without worrying about the router falling in and poking through.

View attachment 445702

Working on a Chris Cornell style 335 albeit chambered. so I got the body and the top flat, so now I have the sled I can do the inner carves and glue the top on and level sand the perimeter.

Also got a lovely Karri and black butt top to go on the pine bodies below
    View attachment 445701
    View attachment 445700

I nearly forgot about the SAF, sprayed the burst to see how t looked, just need to square off the back for the giant cavity cover, cut the cavity cover to size then that's nearly done

View attachment 445703
    I think it needs a bit more black in the lower left

View attachment 445704

Is it just me or does an Ibanez pickguard look sweet on a Tele
    View attachment 445699

4. mux164

mux164 Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2013
    australia
    Waiting to get some new sanding pads, I fixed the little chunk out of the neck pocket on the karri topped one.

I also got the rope and the back chambered in the pine build, it's getting a karri neck and blackbutt fretboard. Also got the bolt soundholes cleaned as best as I could. Going with a bucker in the bridge and a hot rail type pickup in the neck, both will more than likely have trapeze tail pieces and definitely have roller bridges IMG_7827.JPG IMG_7828.JPG IMG_7829.JPG

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.