Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Satan get behind... the Marshall

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by b2187101, Mar 20, 2017.

1. b2187101

b2187101 Tele-Meister

Mar 24, 2008
    Liberty Center, Ohio
    Sold a Gibson and an Epiphone and now have a tidy sum, got good money for both. Been really wanting the Marshall DSL15H and 212 slant cab. Seems they are back ordered at Sweetwater (the 212 is in now).

BUT, I had to go Craigslist browsing and came across a moderately priced CIJ Shell Pink Strat just a few miles from home... and a fair priced Mesa 25 head, ditto. Don't have enough to get the Marshall AND the Strat, it's one or the other. Same for the Mesa.

I need another Strat like a hole in the head, but it sure looks nice comes with a great case too. But I would have money left over on the Strat.

I should probably just keep my eyes on the prize (the Marshall mini stack).

Just had to post, have nobody in my life to share guitar stuff with. It's an enviable position to have the dough and the options. Decisions, decisions.

Oh, I have no neighbors... so I could crank the Marshall when the wife is not home.

2. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
  3. AnalogNerd

AnalogNerd TDPRI Member

Nov 23, 2016
    Japan
    Focus....focus

If you sold off gear to buy the Marshall, keep your eyes on the prize. The CIJ Strat is tempting but you'll still want something loud to play it through (e.g. the Marshall)...

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Meister

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
  6. FirTrader

FirTrader Tele-Meister

Jan 8, 2017
    Alberta Canada
    Hold off, get the Marshall. I have always had adequate amplification, had a buddy with a Marshall half stack 20 years back.. that thing sounded incredible.

7. ickylick

ickylick Tele-Meister

Jan 21, 2011
    New York
    Had a similar experience in the past myself.. but it was the other way around. Sold 4 of my guitars in order to save up for a specific CS Gibson that I was patiently searching for over a year. And because I had the funds already, temptation kept rearing its head! :confused::cry: I kept "stumbling" upon Marshall stacks on CL that I've been wanting for years and other rare boutique amps that don't appear on CL so often and I told myself it was a "sign". But boy o'boy was I glad I didn't. When I finally found the guitar I was searching for, there were only 4 available from different retailers and the first 2 sold within the hour from when they were listed!! :mad: I had no time to waste and not a penny to spare. :eek:

Eyes on the prize my friend~ :D

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017 at 12:37 AM
  8. If Satan had an amp you wouldn't think it was a Princeton, would you?

Dan R and JustABluesGuy like this.
  9. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Meister

Jan 26, 2012
    Troy, MO
    I think it might be one of those Line 6 Amplifi things, which looks like a dehumidifier and can be controlled through mind rays from your smartphone.

JustABluesGuy likes this.
  10. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Is the Mesa a Mini Rectifier 25? Those list at $1000. The Mark Five 25 is $1400. The Marshall DSL15H is all over the internet at $500.

Buy the Mesa.

I'm jaded. I had a Marshall Haze 15H (Chinese Marshall just like the Marshall DSL15H). The shared EQ for clean & dirty channels on the Haze is horrible. If you set a nice clean and switch to dirty there's way too much bass. If you set a nice dirty tone and switch to clean it's all treble. It's a bad two channel amp.

Perhaps the universe wants you to have a Mesa that was built in the USA.

Maybe.

11. blille

blille Tele-Meister

It would be one of the crappy amps that come with starter packs at Walmart. They sound like hell.

(Thank you, I'll be here all week).

To the OP: wait. I've done the opposite and regretted it.

Piotr likes this.
  12. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Don't get the DSL 15, no fx loop the DSL5 and the DSL40 have an fx loop.

Though the dsl has massive gain, I prefer the JVM series . . .

I spent years trying to get my gear to sound like a Marshall,

then I finally just got a Marshall and have never looked back.

Best of luck

----->>>>>>> Marshall 6101 <<<<<<<-------

[​IMG]

13. TeleAndSG

TeleAndSG Tele-Meister

Mar 9, 2017
    The Peach State
    Which Mesa model?. Mesa/Boogie are major words in amplification.

14. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I'm devoted to Marshalls, but AFAIK either Mesa 25 is a better amp than the DSL15H.

The worst decision a musician can make is buying gear for the pretty color over gear for the great sound.

Amps rule, guitars are just more tools.

15. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    ^^^ I'm devoted to Marshall-In-a-Box pedals into >15 watt Fender amps.

Because, the thing I'm most devoted to ? My hearing...

Ears rule, gain-is-their-only-game amps are just...crunchy ?

telemnemonics likes this.
  16. h2odog

h2odog TDPRI Member

Feb 16, 2017
    The Dalles, Oregon
    I love my Marshall dsl. Definitely the amp IMO.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.