Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Samick Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Tele-Champ, Sep 6, 2010.

1. IJammer

IJammer TDPRI Member

Feb 1, 2017
    deep south... Hants. uk
    Most of the images in this thread don't display... just get a small icon with a red cross or a Photofucket dial with a link to a payment scheme?

2. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    The photos used to display, then photobucket changed their rules and tried to get people to pay....no pay and the pix go away...Poof! I now use Imgur.com.

3. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    or you can use the forum to host your pics which I find it really easy, just drag and drop from a folder onto your reply

4. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    I didn't realize it could be done on this forum, I use it on a few others. Thanks!!! Tele-FULL.jpg

Asmith likes this.
  5. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    My posts all have the dreaded red X. Recap: bought it for $25 at a flea market, put in Seymour Duncan Triple Shots and P-Rail pickups.

F03B15D8-A61C-434C-9484-2FAEDA593FA8_zpsk6mkwdu1 (1).JPG

Attached Files:

Asmith likes this.
  6. craigs63

craigs63 Tele-Holic

Aug 23, 2009
    Naperville, IL
    Mine's on here, I guess I'm supposed to be playing jazz. Oops.

Attached Files:

7. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    Since we're showing off out Samicks ;)

fULL.jpg

BadBen likes this.
  8. atfq

atfq TDPRI Member

Mar 13, 2016
    Japan
    Oh why not. I'll post mine.Samick KV130 with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder Bridge, Stock middle, DiMarzio Heavy Blues 2 DP 409.Great guitar. 20150410_185649.jpg

9. funkygigi83

funkygigi83 TDPRI Member

Mar 12, 2018
    NY
    Hi I'm new to this forum. I have a Samick Guitar that I've had all good intentions of learning how to play for while playing but life happened and I never found the time to do so. So I've finally found the time now that my daughter is older now to look into this guitar a little bit. It's a all Black Samick (91) with a couple numbers on the back 1051883 and gold sticker yv441(I think), 6 string. I've included some pics any help identifying the guitars true model name and value I'd appreciate it. This has been stumping me for a while. I've been told it's a yv441 like on the fandom wikia page but that state that guitar came in TSR not strat black without a pick guard.

Attached Files:

10. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    I'm thinking that is definitely a YV441, but you are correct they did not come in black. I'm thinking that has to be a refinish. It's exactly the same as mine (shown two posts above this). I have no other explanation for the color....it only came in Tobacco Sunburst (TSB) and was only made in 1991. It took me years to ID mine, it was finally ID'd by SamickDude (???) on this website. Maybe he will come along with more info. As far as value, it is not much.....$100-$150 maybe. It's a great guitar, but a tough sell. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  11. funkygigi83

funkygigi83 TDPRI Member

Mar 12, 2018
    NY
    Finally something to go on thank you...

12. funkygigi83

funkygigi83 TDPRI Member

Mar 12, 2018
    NY
    Hey there I'm new to this forum and received a comment already but would love some more feedback. I have a 6 string all black Samick Electric Guitar with no pick guard emblem on headstock . The numbers on back are 10451883 and gold sticker says yv441(I think). I'm trying to find out the model and value if any. Ive done a ton of research and have gotten. A ton of different scenarios from a ton of different people. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

13. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    It's been a while since I've posted here, but I found out that there was this Samick club from doing a bit of searching. I was hoping to find a Samick forum, but this appears to be the closest.

Anyway, I bought a Samick Greg Bennet Design RL-3 from Guitar Center about a month ago. It is a beautifully put together instrument. Made in Indonesia, but the craftsmanship is of a high caliber. The materials are excellent. I'm just very pleased about this guitar.

I've been jonesin' for a semi-hollowbody guitar for quite a while now. Can't afford a Gibson anymore. And I was kicking around the possibilities of either an Epiphone or an Ibanez -- and maybe one or two others. Then a fellow I knew, whose playing and judgement I respect a lot, told me to check out the Greg Bennett models, specifically the RL-3. So I did, and I was very impressed. Even though I was leaning very strongly toward an Ibanez in its price range (I like Ibanez; I own a couple), I ended up going for this RL-3 instead.

I really like the quilted maple top, and I like the construction technique that is done with the rest of the body -- where the interior is milled out of a solid billet of African mahogany. Makes for a very strong instrument, yet still gives it that semi-hollowbody sound.

This is a crappy phone pic, but it's the only one I have right now.
    [​IMG]

One of the things I like about this guitar is its shape. Above the strings it's shaped like a Tele and below the strings it's shaped like a Les Paul.

Just today I began to wonder what it would like like if I removed the pickguard. I like my Les Paul's looks without the pickguard, so given that it looks like a Les Paul below the strings, I figured that it might also look better without the pickguard. Well, I don't have any pics yet of the guitar without the pickguard to show you, but I sure think it looks better without it. What do you think?

As for the sound, I haven't really had a chance to play it through a real amp -- just a couple of modeling sims on my computer. I'm running .012-.055s on it for starters. I wanted something heavy for more of a jazz sound. Even using the sims, it has a great full sound, especially the neck pickup. I think it's gonna work very well for jazz, but it should also work well for blues and blues rock applications.

14. tintag27

tintag27 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2010
    Old England
    Hi Cooltouch - nice guitar!....
    And I can speak from experience, as I have the same model! (see post No.5). It looks identical - but I was surprised to hear yours was made in Indonesia, as mine was built in Korea, but then I have had it for quite a while so it's likely they shifted production (they make a lot of guitars in Indonesia now). Yes it's beautiful looking instrument and very well put together. I've made a few changes but they weren't absolutely necessary anyway. 12's are too heavy for me so it has 10's on now (truss rod needed a little tightening at that). Then I changed the SD-designed pickups for Kent Armstrong (HB with a HB sized single coil in the neck). Not that much of a difference actually... Finally I added a Duesenberg vibrato - this model uses the existing tailpiece holes so no need to drill anywhere at all! Looks cool too!

15770565766_0e7a12ca1a_z (1).jpg

Anyway, best of luck with the guitar, you made a good choice - that's a class instrument!

15. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks for the feedback, Tintag. That's a mighty impressive looking instrument you've got, as well. And a very interesting looking vibrato. Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like it before. Is it effective? I mean can you get some serious displacement with it?

Edit. I visited Duesenberg's website and watched a video demonstrating that vibrato. Nice, has a decent amount of pitch displacement too. I'm not all that crazy about the way it looks, but I can probably get used to that.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  16. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny

Very pretty guitar, good luck! I would think it would look great without the pickguard. I have an older Samick Super Strat and it is very solid, and plays great!

17. cooltouch

cooltouch TDPRI Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Okay, here's a much nicer pic of my RL-3 Samick:

This thing looks so much better without the pickguard, it ain't even worth talking about.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    jtees4 and brookdalebill like this.
  18. captlumpy

captlumpy TDPRI Member

Jun 25, 2015
    southwest michigan
    Did these come with a speacle finish..seems to have a thin finish,nothing like my squire or the donor i used for the neck..almost like it has a cellulose finish.

19. Deltakidd

Deltakidd TDPRI Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Spain
    Hi everybody,
    I own this cool Samick Bullet from the First Runner Series. It's made in Korea in the 80s i think, and it's a copy of the first Fender Bullets. She had the single/humb switch from the factory and has become my rehearsal/jam session guitar, although i have played some gigs with her too.

Now i have replaced the humbucker pickups with original Fender Bullet USA single coils and sounds even better. I have also replaced the saddles with some vintage style improving the tone and avoiding the "worn saddle - string breaking" syndrome.
    Body is plywood as it was in Fender Bullets too, but for 100 bucks i paid some years ago, she's run the roads lots of times.

This model isn't seen very often i think. I hope you like it.

Attached Files:

BadBen likes this.
  20. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    Cool guitar! Based on the logo, that's probably a 1987 model.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.