Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

S/D Cool v. Hot Rail for Strat

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by StoogeSurfer, Feb 22, 2012.

1. StoogeSurfer

StoogeSurfer Tele-Afflicted

I'm looking for a new bridge p/u for my AVRI Strat. I've got a blender pot on the back but I still can't get a sound I'm happy with. Presently I'm eyeing the Seymour Duncan Hot and Cool Rail pickups for the bridge.

Experiences anyone? I'm leaning toward the hot rail but I fear I might just get tired of it. Cool rail seems like a happier medium, but I'm not sure if there is enough lead in that pencil. So to speak.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. jebbo

jebbo Tele-Holic

This might not help, but FWIW I have hot rails in my tele that I love. I added a push pull pot for coil splitting, that way I have a humbucker or a standard tele bridge sound. I don't know if you plan to get that fancy with it, but it seems like the sounds are endless. So many combinations. I know a guy who has hot rails in his strat, and it sounds great to me. I don't own a strat with hot rails (I do plan on it though.) That's my experience with them. I'm sure it would be just as good or better in a strat. As for the cool rails, I have no experience with them.

3. Teleterr

Teleterr Tele-Afflicted

What kind of music do you play? A hot rail fits in the cavity but doesn't sound Stratty at all.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.